Windows 10: Found something weird with the touch screen.

Discus and support Found something weird with the touch screen. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If you have a touch screen as your second screen, and set your screen to be diagonal of each other, touching the touch screen will not move the mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Havanatha_banana, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Found something weird with the touch screen.

If you have a touch screen as your second screen, and set your screen to be diagonal of each other, touching the touch screen will not move the mouse to where you touched. Instead, it will appear in the corner of the screens, where both screen meet.

Here's what I'm talking about.

For those who dunno, normally, touching the screen will bring the mouse to where you touch, unless you're interacting with a specific app, like Chrome, in which the mouse will stay where it last was before touching the screen.

IDK if it's really a bug, but hey, it's the closest to what I think it is.

submitted by /u/Havanatha_banana
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Havanatha_banana, Aug 6, 2020

2. touch screen

Hi,

We sure can provide some troubleshooting steps before you decide to get help from your laptop's manufacturer. Please follow the suggested solutions below:

Method 1: Check if the touch screen driver is enabled.

• In the Search bar, type Device Manager.
    • Locate Human Interface Devices and look for touch screen.
    • Right-click touch screen and check if it is enabled. If not, please enable it.
    Method 2: Reinstall the touch screen driver.

• In Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate touch screen again and right-click it to Uninstall
      the driver.
    • Restart your PC to automatically install the driver.
    Feel free to post back for updates.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Touch screens

I can do 60 words per minute on my phone, perhaps more now as I've got used to the phone. ( htc desire z, using the stock onscreen keyboard)

Touch screen + predictive text I recon I could equal my keyboard typing speed. Maybe beat it depending on how advance the predictions are.

( hard to use predictive software on traditional keyboards as there is no way to quickly choose the suggested word, where as touch screen keyboards can have the suggested words appear above the function keys)

pantherx12, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Dani Pun Win User

Found something weird with the touch screen.

Touch screen not working

Were you able to see if your driver is up to date?

We suggest to update the touch screen driver and check for resolution.

Follow the steps provided:

• Press Windows key and X on your desktop and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate the Touch screen driver.
    • Right-click on the driver icon and click on Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Search automatically for the updated driver software.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the touch screen driver.

Dani Pun, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Found something weird with the touch screen.

1. Found something weird with the touch screen. - Similar Threads - Found something weird

2. Something weird going on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something weird going on: HP ENVY Desktop - TE01-0175xtWin 10About 2 years old.Been having some issues with the pc acting strange. I ran the HP assistant scans and everything came back clean and in order. I ran a Win 10 diagnostic, and everything came back in correct running order.All of the drives...
  3. Something weird going on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something weird going on: HP ENVY Desktop - TE01-0175xtWin 10About 2 years old.Been having some issues with the pc acting strange. I ran the HP assistant scans and everything came back clean and in order. I ran a Win 10 diagnostic, and everything came back in correct running order.All of the drives...
  4. HID-Compliant Touch Screen Driver Not Found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HID-Compliant Touch Screen Driver Not Found: I have tried everything from thewindowsclub.com to the update catalog, but i cannot find how to install the HID-Compliant Touch Screen driver for Dell Laptop running Windows 10. This is my last resort and I NEED HELP !!!Someone please direct me to the correct driver I need to...
  5. HID-Compliant Touch Screen Driver Not Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HID-Compliant Touch Screen Driver Not Found: I have tried everything from thewindowsclub.com to the update catalog, but i cannot find how to install the HID-Compliant Touch Screen driver for Dell Laptop running Windows 10. This is my last resort and I NEED HELP !!!Someone please direct me to the correct driver I need to...
  6. HID-Compliant Touch Screen Driver Not Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. there is something weird

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    there is something weird: why does .tpm.uploud or tpm.dowload appear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-something-weird/e9f81507-3a23-4f5f-a0e6-bcb32d2d37f0
  8. Found something weird in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Found something weird in File Explorer: Please check this and tell, Should i delete it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/found-something-weird-in-file-explorer/de5568e3-ccbf-470b-9efe-dc0c55f5b104
  9. Something weird on the top corner of my screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Something weird on the top corner of my screen: So, a month or two ago this white bar in the top left of my screen showed up. Occasionally it hides my desktop shortcut apps and the apps only re-appear when i double click it. I want it off my computer and I don't like it. This has happened on 2 of my computers and I did a...
  10. Something weird with windows???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something weird with windows???: look at the picutre submitted by /u/Bartkar2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ebyfxj/something_weird_with_windows/