Windows 10: found start button

Discus and support found start button in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; UPDATE ADVANCED OPTION MISSING BUT I NOW REINSTALLED WIN 10 AND SO FAR ITS WORKING. CAUTION AS LAST TIME I DOWNLOADED FIREFOX AND IT UPDATED EVERYTHING... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AnnWhittaker1, Sep 24, 2018.

1. found start button

UPDATE ADVANCED OPTION MISSING BUT I NOW REINSTALLED WIN 10 AND SO FAR ITS WORKING. CAUTION AS LAST TIME I DOWNLOADED FIREFOX AND IT UPDATED EVERYTHING INCLUDING FLASH PLAYER AND THIS IS WHEN I HAD PROBLEMS SECURITY UPDATE.

THANKS TO EACH OF YOU I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TIME AND EVEN CAREING.

LETS HOPE NOMORE PROBLEMS found start button :)

:)

AnnWhittaker1, Sep 24, 2018

2. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Sep 24, 2018
  3. twiggs462 Win User
    Start Button Not Working?

What steps should be taken to diagnose a Windows 10 start button not working?

twiggs462, Sep 24, 2018
  4. found start button

Start Button

Hi David,

For us to isolate your concern with Start button, we would like to know the following:

• When you say "Start button", are you referring to the physical power button or the Start menu on your desktop?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you getting an error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
    • What happens when you press the Start button?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

found start button

1. found start button - Similar Threads - found start button

2. Threats found, "Start actions" button doesn't work.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Threats found, "Start actions" button doesn't work.: Ok, so, my laptop recently started to do some weird things - like I couldn't write some symbols at e-mail subject when using MS Outlook, I couldn't change column names in Excel, mouse pointer started to move randomly. Restarting usually helped, but for a while. I opened the...
  3. Start button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button: when I close out of whatever app I am in, rather than seeing the desktop, I am treated to what looks similar to the start screen even though full-screen start is off. this page seems to be titled "pinned apps", and behind it I can see my desktop pic, but not the desktop...
  4. Start button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start button: Start button does not show program list or power down options. Can you assist please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button/2c337b41-0aa1-40cc-82d7-2c4bf4f35ac4
  5. start button

start button: I lost my original screen that was a custom-setup for my programs that I use. Is there a way to get the original start screen back? The way it came from the software company? thank you....
  6. Start Button

Start Button: my start button will not display any programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/start-button/1e6f2289-fdaf-4fa0-b9eb-347dc509f1fa
  7. Start button

Start button: The start key has stopped working (the one that looks like a window), how do I fix this. I can't access any of my apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/start-button/a3d0a83e-ea63-47ea-a90e-1260d1e16c1f
  8. start button

start button: Is there a way to change the Start button ? I searched with Google but couldn't find anything Thanks 14525
  9. No Move button can be found

in Windows 10 Support
    No Move button can be found: Found these instruction on line while looking for a way to mov a program to a new user account - Press Ctrl + I to bring up the Settings menu. Now click System, then select Apps & features from the left-hand navigation. Here you will find a list of all apps and programs...
  10. Start Button

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button: The Start Button and Cortana went off the screen at the bottom. I know I still have them if I switch the taskbar to the right of the screen in a vertical position. Both the Start Button and Cortana will now show. So how do I get them to show if I switch the taskbar from the...