Windows 10: Found the Solution to random Old games and new games crashing to BSOD while playing on...

Discus and support Found the Solution to random Old games and new games crashing to BSOD while playing on... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was playing Red Dead Redemption 2 on Vulkan API and it randomly crashed to a BSOD quite some times and still does so what I did was changed it to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by XxI WeApOn IxX, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Found the Solution to random Old games and new games crashing to BSOD while playing on...

I was playing Red Dead Redemption 2 on Vulkan API and it randomly crashed to a BSOD quite some times and still does so what I did was changed it to DirectX 12 and it didnt crash to a BSOD and was stable the entire time on all cpu cores enabled and that got me thinking of doing some crash research. I finally crashed one last time yesterday and I found the Event Viewer for reporting errors in windows 10 and came across a driver error. Upon further investigation i found that secdrv.sys driver was failing to load do to DRM Digital Rights Management so I put one and one together. Theres either a code on the operating system side thats denying full capability for Vulkan API to be stable without crashes. I believe fixing this code error or finding it will fix the one and only BSOD we all have been experiencing while playing our favorite games on Vulkan API. This is a great breakthrough for developement I came across last night. Thank you for reading. Hope this helps not only me but you too.

:)

XxI WeApOn IxX, Mar 31, 2021

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Gaming and Random Crashes.

Hi,

After some research and failing to find any solution i`ve decided to find help, have a gaming laptop (don`t judge me) and it used to work pretty well, until the latest Witcher expansion, i would be gettting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION everytime i tried to start the game, some driver updates later and now i`m randomly getting the same BSOD so far i've tried.

• Updating GPU Driver.
    • DDU the Drivers and do a clean install.
    • running sfc/scannow

Unfortunately my internet time is limited and i couldn`t find any more steps.

Any help would be appreciatted, and sorry for the bad english.

BeardedBrazilia, Mar 31, 2021
  4. axe0 Win User

Found the Solution to random Old games and new games crashing to BSOD while playing on...

BSOD playing video games such as Cs:Go etc. Error, Random BSOD's

Hi Pranav,

Haven't seen you in a long time.

I have made a short summary a few pages back for myself, on the 5th page, post 123
    It is likely not 100% up to date.

Thema:

Found the Solution to random Old games and new games crashing to BSOD while playing on...

1. Found the Solution to random Old games and new games crashing to BSOD while playing on... - Similar Threads - Found Solution random

2. random BSODs and crashing while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random BSODs and crashing while playing games: When I play games like Rainbow Six Siege my games either randomly crash or I just get a BSOD. I have used the Driver Verifier to find out the issue.Here is the MiniDump: 070723-13640-01.dmp...
  3. random BSODs and crashing while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    random BSODs and crashing while playing games: When I play games like Rainbow Six Siege my games either randomly crash or I just get a BSOD. I have used the Driver Verifier to find out the issue.Here is the MiniDump: 070723-13640-01.dmp...
  4. Random crashes while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashes while playing games: Ryzen 7 5800xnvidia 3090/3080 tried both4x8gb Gskill 3200 ram. Msi x570 mother boardFresh install of windows.New drivers.Everything up to date.System will randomly crash while playing games. WHEA Logger 46 says memory. I've tested my memory with several different software....
  5. Random crashes while playing games

Random crashes while playing games: Ryzen 7 5800xnvidia 3090/3080 tried both4x8gb Gskill 3200 ram. Msi x570 mother boardFresh install of windows.New drivers.Everything up to date.System will randomly crash while playing games. WHEA Logger 46 says memory. I've tested my memory with several different software....
  6. Random freezes, BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random freezes, BSOD while playing games: I don't know but I have been going through a very weird problem with my pc. Basically when I boot my pc in the morning , while playing games it crashes severely ,hangs, freeze sometimes BSOD or sometimes restarts by its own. On BSOD it gives message like video scheduler...
  7. Random freezes, BSOD while playing games

Random freezes, BSOD while playing games: I don't know but I have been going through a very weird problem with my pc. Basically when I boot my pc in the morning , while playing games it crashes severely ,hangs, freeze sometimes BSOD or sometimes restarts by its own. On BSOD it gives message like video scheduler...
  8. Random freezes, BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Random crashed while playing games and IRQL_not_less_or_Equal BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random crashed while playing games and IRQL_not_less_or_Equal BSOD: Random crashed while playing games and IRQL not less or Equal BSOD 64GiGs 3600Mhz i9 10900K Zotac 3080 Holo Amp Corsair MP510 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-crashed-while-playing-games-and/7ff82063-7e31-49b2-8156-09e62c1d9e1a
  10. Found the Solution to random Old games and new games crashing to BSOD while playing on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Found the Solution to random Old games and new games crashing to BSOD while playing on...: I was playing Red Dead Redemption 2 on Vulkan API and it randomly crashed to a BSOD quite some times and still does so what I did was changed it to DirectX 12 and it didnt crash to a BSOD and was stable the entire time on all cpu cores enabled and that got me thinking of...