Windows 10: Found Threats in Windows Defender

Discus and support Found Threats in Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My windows defender found 4 threats after a full scan and I don't know what to do so I Quick scan it and it said no threats found is this normal?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AaronMan8, May 20, 2021.

1. AaronMan8 Win User

Found Threats in Windows Defender

My windows defender found 4 threats after a full scan and I don't know what to do so I Quick scan it and it said no threats found is this normal?

:)

AaronMan8, May 20, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

Windows defender false positive - forced to allow threat

Windows defender has started to identify C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe as a threat [normally reported as a Trojan Powessere.G]. I use mshta.exe to run an hta custom MsgBox - I have been hoping to keep using my current CustomMsgBox tool [batch file calling a vbs-hta file] until later this year when I hope to have had enough time to replace it with a PowerShell alternative.

Windows defender's notification lets me "allow the threat" but that seems to me to be a bigger security hole than is necessary - it will now ignore a potentially real intrusion when all I want to run is a genuine Windows component. My immediate problem is fixed but I would prefer to fix the false positive using the exclusions list.

I cleared the 'Allowed threats history' so I could use the exclusions list instead. I added C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe to the file exclusions list and I checked that it had taken properly by checking the exclusions list both in the UI & in the Registry. But the exclusion made no difference, it continued to detect and block the exe.

I have repeated the attempt several times [by clearing the allowed threats list & exclusions list beforehand] and the results are the same every time
    - allowing the threat works,
    - using the exclusions list has no effect.

I studied the relevant tutorial but have not spotted an error in what I have been doing - Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions

Does anybody with experience of using the exclusions list to counter false positives have any suggestions for me?

Denis

3. WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT REMOVING THREATS

I'm having a problem with Windows Defender the threats found after I ran a full scan that last maybe around 10 hours cannot be removed by windows defender. I selected the remove option and it shows processing but after a while
    the threats are still listed and active. I already ran a offline scan and a quick scan but neither fix the problem.

I already ran a secure boot and see if third-party apps are causing the problem but nothing works the threats are still listed and active. I checked the location of the file and manually deleted it even on my recycle bin but
    the threats are still there and labeled as active. This very annoying. I think this is an error in the windows defender part because I installed Malwarebytes and ran a full scan which took a couple of hours and found nothing because like I've said I have deleted
    the file location where the threats are.

lelouch.lamperouge, May 20, 2021
  4. Found Threats in Windows Defender

Windows Defender Detect threat Trojan:Win32/Pynamer.B!ac

Hi.

I encounter that my PC always have notification of Windows Defender that my PC have a threat, this is Trojan:Win32/Pynamer.B!ac.

It will happen ALWAYS when i open my PC. It always appear on my notification, but after 10secs it will quarantine this threat.

How to remove this notification/virus on my PC.

I already Scan my PC using of the following:

• Malwarebytes
    • Malwarebytes Adwcleaner

Hope you will help me guys.

Thankyou.

Cedrick Acuario, May 20, 2021
Thema:

Found Threats in Windows Defender

1. Found Threats in Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Found Threats Defender

2. Windows Defender - Threat found but can't resolve

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender - Threat found but can't resolve: Hi,Windows Defender reported a threat Wacatac.H!ml in a CrystalDiskMark tmp file: I selected to remove the file. I also took the precaution of uninstalling CrystalDiskMark and formatting full format, not quick format the G: drive where it was found an external SSD.Windows...
  3. Windows Defender - Threat found but can't resolve

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender - Threat found but can't resolve: Hi,Windows Defender reported a threat Wacatac.H!ml in a CrystalDiskMark tmp file: I selected to remove the file. I also took the precaution of uninstalling CrystalDiskMark and formatting full format, not quick format the G: drive where it was found an external SSD.Windows...
  4. Windows Defender - Threat found but can't resolve

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Defender keeps saying it found threats

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender keeps saying it found threats: The attached picture is usually what I'll find every time I restart/shut down and turn on my Windows 10 PC. It will say it found threats, ranging from Low to Severe, and I keep removing them or 'cleaning them' but they come in 3's every time. I've done deep cleans and scans...
  6. Windows Defender keeps saying it found threats

Windows Defender keeps saying it found threats: The attached picture is usually what I'll find every time I restart/shut down and turn on my Windows 10 PC. It will say it found threats, ranging from Low to Severe, and I keep removing them or 'cleaning them' but they come in 3's every time. I've done deep cleans and scans...
  7. Windows Defender keeps saying it found threats

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows Defender Threats Found Problem

Windows Defender Threats Found Problem: I got a problem where windows defender finds a deleted file that it thinks is a malware, when i try to remove it, it just appear again this is very annoying because i think its the one logging me out of my browsers...
  9. Windows defender Full Scan no threats found but says after that threats are found

Windows defender Full Scan no threats found but says after that threats are found: Hi, I recently ran into an issue with windows defender where when I run a full scan the result is: No current threats found and 0 threats found. Then when I restart my computer and look at the message again I get this: [ATTACH] Instead of 0 threats found it says -664...
  10. Windows defender threats found and available actions

Windows defender threats found and available actions: I did a full system scan with windows defender and it found threats. My question is with the available actions, i'm not sure what each one does exactly and want to make sure I choose the right one. My options Clean threat quarantine remove allow on device What do...