Windows 10: Found VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore after removing bitcoin miners and backdoor...

Discus and support Found VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore after removing bitcoin miners and backdoor... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi everyone one, a few days ago I noticed my windows defender was turned off, I tried turning it back on but I couldn’t and some of the areas of it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by le_travie, Jul 1, 2020.

1. le_travie Win User

Found VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore after removing bitcoin miners and backdoor...

Hi everyone one, a few days ago I noticed my windows defender was turned off, I tried turning it back on but I couldn’t and some of the areas of it returned errors like "This setting is managed by your administrator". I found this suspicious since I am the admin of my PC and I had not turned off my AV. I downloaded MalwareBytes and BitDefender and did some scans and detected some bitcoin miners and a back door that I quarantined and removed I did not get the names since I sort of panicked a bit.

After I removed the malware my windows defender still could not be started so I was forced to reset my PC. After which I installed Symantec Endpoint Protection. A day later I saw many of SEP's modules were reporting errors, this raised my suspicious again and I removed SEP and scanned with a few other Malware tools MSERT, MS Malware remover, TDSSKiller, Malware bytes and FRST64. MSERT discovered that I was still infected with VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore. This was removed however I still get the "This setting is managed by your admin" messages, so far my bitdefender has not detected anything else though, but I am keeping the PC offline for the time being.

Can you guys help me in confirming that the malware is completely gone from my system?

:)

le_travie, Jul 1, 2020
  2. Laurijan Win User

About Bitcoin miners

Hi!

I am gonna buy a bitcoin miner probably the Antminer S1 180GH/s but first want to ask if there are cheap alternatives or suggestions on which to buy.

Lauri

Laurijan, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Found VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore after removing bitcoin miners and backdoor...

1. Found VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore after removing bitcoin miners and backdoor... - Similar Threads - Found VirTool Win32

2. How to remove bitcoin miner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove bitcoin miner: Split from this thread. Hey, it seems i might have the same issueMy FRST logs: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SBFt1BUGs8xITKtcErZGvKuP3UhoBJ3k?usp=sharing...
  3. How to remove bitcoin miner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove bitcoin miner: Split from this thread. Hey, it seems i might have the same issueMy FRST logs: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SBFt1BUGs8xITKtcErZGvKuP3UhoBJ3k?usp=sharing...
  4. How to remove bitcoin miner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove bitcoin miner: I accidentally ran the file from this link <malware link removed> It seems to run about 3 or more "Visual Basic Command Line Compiler" which takes up all my cpu and ram. I used process explorer and found that it the command line section said...
  5. How to remove bitcoin miner

How to remove bitcoin miner: I accidentally ran the file from this link <malware link removed> It seems to run about 3 or more "Visual Basic Command Line Compiler" which takes up all my cpu and ram. I used process explorer and found that it the command line section said...
  6. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore issue

Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore issue: I am having an issue with my laptop. It is as if it is in a deepfreeze type state. When I install new software and restart, the installed software is not there after the restart. I have tried various anti-virus tools but as soon as I download them and install or run, they...
  7. VirTool: Win32 / DefenderTamperingRestore

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VirTool: Win32 / DefenderTamperingRestore: Hi.I have a fully up-to-date HP PAVILION laptop with Windows 11 HOME.I check for updates every day with Windows Update.The PC is protected with Malwarebytes Premium updated in the malware definitions several times a day; I always keep the Windows Defender virus definitions up...
  8. VirTools Win32/ExcludeProc.D Issue please help remove.

VirTools Win32/ExcludeProc.D Issue please help remove.: Hello I have been getting this message every time I start up or restart my computer I see people getting help on this issue and would also really appreciate help as well....
  9. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore: Hi there. Anybody can help me with how to clean my computer from this virus: Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore Usually, when I run MSERT.exe it says that this virus was eliminated. But I have some questions: a Is it a memory-resident malware? b Is it launched in my computer...
  10. Possible Bitcoin Miner

Possible Bitcoin Miner: Hello, for a while now I have had what I think a bitcoin miner on my PC but now I am deciding to do something about it, well, at least I tried to. Basically, I recently installed Malwarebytes to see if it would pick up this "miner." This "miner" would use Notepad and it would...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitdefender remove virtoolwin32 defendertamperingrestore

2. bitdefender virtoolwin32/defendertamperingrestore