Windows 10: Four app updates that always error out and say "Windows Update is disabled" even though it...

Discus and support Four app updates that always error out and say "Windows Update is disabled" even though it... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iWizardB [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iWizardB, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Four app updates that always error out and say "Windows Update is disabled" even though it...

/u/iWizardB, Jun 16, 2020
  2. DaMulta Win User

Who has seen this vista update error

When you go to Windows vista update and it tell you to update a driver that you have already updated. Then it says failed to update and gives you the error code that tell you that you already have a never version than that. WTF? Why in the world would it be trying to updated something with an older driver. Well the only way to get it out of your windows update list is to go uninstall what ever that driver is then run the update and install it. Then run the newer drivers again.

Well I still can't get the Nivida Network Bridge to disappear out of the list. I uninstall the one in device manager and go to the update and before it's even done with that. Vista is automatically installing a newer version than is in the Vista update list.......

DaMulta, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Jun 16, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Four app updates that always error out and say "Windows Update is disabled" even though it...

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Four app updates that always error out and say "Windows Update is disabled" even though it...

1. Four app updates that always error out and say "Windows Update is disabled" even though it... - Similar Threads - Four app updates

2. Update hangs even though it says 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update hangs even though it says 100%: I had to redo my computer, now when I go to the beta of Windows 11, I am unable to get the update to install.It has said Installing - 100% for the last half hour now.Has anyone else had this issue? I am about to start doing my computer again, I guess one is not supposed to be...
  3. Update hangs even though it says 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update hangs even though it says 100%: I had to redo my computer, now when I go to the beta of Windows 11, I am unable to get the update to install.It has said Installing - 100% for the last half hour now.Has anyone else had this issue? I am about to start doing my computer again, I guess one is not supposed to be...
  4. VBS stays on, even though it is disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VBS stays on, even though it is disabled.: Recently I noticed that VBS was running even though it was turned off.System information confirmed this as its showing VBS as "running"Windows security settings show that its off, turning it on, rebooting, turning it off again, rebooting, does not fix it.The only way I can...
  5. VBS stays on, even though it is disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VBS stays on, even though it is disabled.: Recently I noticed that VBS was running even though it was turned off.System information confirmed this as its showing VBS as "running"Windows security settings show that its off, turning it on, rebooting, turning it off again, rebooting, does not fix it.The only way I can...
  6. Errors related to Hyper-V even though it's disabled

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Errors related to Hyper-V even though it's disabled: I get the below error in Event Viewer about every 10-20min Code: Failed to create port BF369345-1A05-4ADC-BC8F-4CEC2E5B3498 (Friendly Name: Container NIC 2941b118) on switch C08CB7B8-9B3C-408E-8E30-5E16A3AEB444 (Friendly Name: ). Status = {Path Not Found} The path %hs does...
  7. Errors related to Hyper-V even though it's disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Errors related to Hyper-V even though it's disabled: I get the below error in Event Viewer about every 10-20min Code: Failed to create port BF369345-1A05-4ADC-BC8F-4CEC2E5B3498 (Friendly Name: Container NIC 2941b118) on switch C08CB7B8-9B3C-408E-8E30-5E16A3AEB444 (Friendly Name: ). Status = {Path Not Found} The path %hs does...
  8. Auto update even though I have disabled it

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Auto update even though I have disabled it: Hi, today my Windows 10 Pro auto-installed the following update: KB4592449. This never happened before, because I have set (Group Policy) Windows updates to "2 - notify for download and auto install". So far I've always decided when to download and install Windows updates....
  9. Says it's charging even though it's not plugged in.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Says it's charging even though it's not plugged in.: My Windows 10 tablet is saying that it's plugged in, even though it is not plugged in. The battery icon is animated as though it is plugged in and charging, but the tablet is not plugged in. The problem this is causing is that it is changing the tablets performance. I've...
  10. 1709 now installing driver updates (nvidia) even though it is disabled

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1709 now installing driver updates (nvidia) even though it is disabled: Windows update updated my Nvidia driver even though I have "Do you want to auomatically download manufacturers' apps and custom icons available for your devices" Set to No. I have been on Windows 10 since before it was officially released and this is the first time...