Windows 10: Four blocks bottom left

Discus and support Four blocks bottom left in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Using Windows10. When I open the square at the bottom left of the screen, normally I get a (ladder) list of items installed in my computer but all of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RonBin79, May 2, 2019.

1. RonBin79 Win User

Four blocks bottom left

Using Windows10. When I open the square at the bottom left of the screen, normally I get a (ladder) list of items installed in my computer but all of a sudden, all I get now is a list of squares which show minimal information. I have been unable to find Windows Accessories to make a screen shot as i cannot find where the program is!
    Can anyone please explain how I can put the problem to rights please?
    Regards RonB79

:)

RonBin79, May 2, 2019

2. blocked applications

Hi Eileen,

Windows Defender or another antivirus software will sometimes block a certain app or file from running or being installed. With this, you can check the
    quarantine section of the antivirus program you are using to see which program is being blocked. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• What is the exact error message did you receive after launching or running the app?
    • Which antivirus program are you using?

In the meantime, we suggest disabling the Windows Defender SmartScreen and see if the app will run. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Type Windows Defender on the search box and click on the first option.
    • On the left side of the window, click on the Window icon (App & browser control).
    • On the SmartScreen for Windows
      Store apps column, select Off.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, May 2, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Mobile blocking 'private' numbers

It's so easy, just a bit hidden, follow these steps:-

• Touch Phone Icon
    • Touch "..." (bottom right)
    • Click "Blocked Calls"
    • Click Hamburger (top left)
    • Click "Settings" (bottom lest)
    • Toggle top switch from "Off" to "On"
    Your Done.

NigelSutcliffe, May 2, 2019
  4. Four blocks bottom left

blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, May 2, 2019
Thema:

Four blocks bottom left

1. Four blocks bottom left - Similar Threads - Four blocks bottom

2. Why are there symbols on the bottom left of my icons and how to I remove them?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are there symbols on the bottom left of my icons and how to I remove them?: Here is one screenshot where gray squares cover up part of the icons, it does this to almost all of my thumbnails and I'd like to get rid of them. By the way, I am using Windows 10 Home 64bit Insider Edition Build: 183621 if that helps. [ATTACH]...
  3. there is a weird blank document thing right on the bottom left of all of my icons on the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    there is a weird blank document thing right on the bottom left of all of my icons on the...: [ATTACH] so basically every icon on my desktop has this, its not a shortcut thingy problem because most of the icons are NOT shortcuts and they are the programme (.exe) itself, I don't know what to do, I've tried rebooting, refreshing , restarting windows explorer , delete...
  4. Windows 10 icon bottom left not responding, clock bottom right not running, can't access...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 icon bottom left not responding, clock bottom right not running, can't access...: In Windows 10, Google Chrome. I can't get to my word documents that are still listed on the bar at bottom of screen, and I clicked on the Windows icon at bottom left of screen but nothing happens. Three word docs are still listed at bottom bar, but no response when I click...
  5. Blue arrows on the bottom left corner of file icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue arrows on the bottom left corner of file icon: I'm wondering what the blue arrows mean on my file icon. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-arrows-on-the-bottom-left-corner-of-file-icon/33a9c073-e1b9-448f-ab34-5fdc825e6c54
  6. Switch user tab at bottom left is not there and I cannot log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switch user tab at bottom left is not there and I cannot log in: I am trying to reset a Dell Venue 10 tablet for a high school I work at. We cannot log in to the account to reset that way nor does the sticky keys workaround work. I need to switch user to log in to my admin account but there is no option for that. Here is a similar...
  7. Four times

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Four times: Four times today my computer restarted simply because I was away for more than ten minutes. Seriously, MS, don't force restarts on people just because they were gone from the computer a bit too long for your liking, especially not several times a day! Let us actually choose...
  8. New Surface Pro 4 creaking when I press the bottom left of screen and

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Surface Pro 4 creaking when I press the bottom left of screen and: Hey guys just opened up the new surface pro 4 I bought yesterday. The only thing I'm noticing so far is that when I press slightly hard in the bottom left corner of the device I hear creaking/click noise. And it occurs every time I press there with a little pressure. I'm...
  9. How do I disable the Cortana pop up on the bottom left please?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I disable the Cortana pop up on the bottom left please?: Hi all. Got my Windows 10 upgrade from my new HP laptop when it came out late July.(was 8.1 before) I have a few questions but my main one is: How do I disable the large black pop up that continually pops up all day even when I am not using the search function...
  10. Apps box (bottom left toolbar) and Cortana visible, not responding

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps box (bottom left toolbar) and Cortana visible, not responding: In the bottom left is an "apps" looking box, the microsoft four square icon, that should be clickable to lead to what used to be the start-up menu, and also shows apps. Both this and the Cortana circle and message are visible, but neither respond to clicking. So, for example,...