Windows 10: Four display inputs = black screen

Discus and support Four display inputs = black screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a GTX 1070 with four inputs, two HDMIs and two Displayports. Two of the inputs are my monitors running at 1920x1080p and 1920x1200p. One of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TeamMM3, Sep 8, 2018.

1. TeamMM3 Win User

Four display inputs = black screen

I have a GTX 1070 with four inputs, two HDMIs and two Displayports. Two of the inputs are my monitors running at 1920x1080p and 1920x1200p. One of the others is a 4k TV and I'm the last was my HTC Vive. For some reason recently my computer doesn't want to let me have four inputs in at the same time. When I plug in the fourth input all of my screens go black and unplugging that input won't even bring them back up, I have to restart my computer. I've resorted to just swapping out my Vive and TV when I use them but it's rather annoying seeing as how I have four inputs that have worked in the past.

Any idea as to why this would happen and what I could do to solve the issue?

:)

TeamMM3, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Karthicka_R Win User

Issue with black screen, dual display, ATI Integrated GPU

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to go to device manager and disable the display drivers, check whether the issue persists or not.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device manager.
    • Click to expand Display adapters, right click the second adapter and click
      Disable.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persists or not.
    • Repeat the same steps to disable the first display adapter and check if it helps.

If you find the issue is with anyone of the display adapters then, I suggest you to update the display drivers from the manufactures website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Dhavelyn Mer Win User
    Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Maria Fab Win User

Black Dots appears on screen

Hello Kushal,

Black screen errors can be caused by issues with the display adapter drivers, connection issues between with your PC or display, or during installation of operating system or updates.

For resolution, we suggest that you follow our guided walk-through to resolve black screen errors. See
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors. Choose the error you're experiencing from the list,
    and a set of troubleshooting steps will be provided.

Please update us with the results. We will be glad to assist you.

Maria Fab, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Four display inputs = black screen - Similar Threads - Four display inputs

2. Four display inputs = black screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Four display inputs = black screen: I have a GTX 1070 with four inputs, two HDMIs and two Displayports. Two of the inputs are my monitors running at 1920x1080p and 1920x1200p. One of the others is a 4k TV and I'm the last was my HTC Vive. For some reason recently my computer doesn't want to let me have four...
  3. No pen or touch input is available for display

in Windows 10 Customization
    No pen or touch input is available for display: I tried to turn on the touch screen for my new laptop but I cannot find the driver. There is no HID compliant touch screen. Any can help me? ASUS VivoBook S14 S410UN EB154T...
  4. Movies & Tv App only Displaying Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies & Tv App only Displaying Black Screen: System Details in Specs are (Antivirus running though may not be correct, currently running Avast 17.5.2303) perhaps should stuck with Defender after last clean install No matter what videos I try to play in the app there black, no audio or picture or sometimes frozen...
  5. Display adapter not being recognised, black screen issue.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display adapter not being recognised, black screen issue.: Hi all, Upon upgrading to w10 I encountered the black screen issue. When plugging in another screen to the HDMI adapter on my laptop the display appears working perfectly. The laptop screen only shows anything during boot, as soon as the system starts it sits with a black...
  6. Divide screen into six instead of four?

in Windows 10 Support
    Divide screen into six instead of four?: You can move applications into quadrants by dragging the titlebar into a corner of the screen; is there an equally-efficient way to arrange windows into six equal parts of the screen instead of four? 103541
  7. Display Blank : Analog Input?????

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Blank : Analog Input?????: My new PC has a blank screen with the message : 1. Analog input, cannot display this video mode. I recently upgraded from Win8.1 to Win10 on my new Dell Inspiron. I have an older PC right next to it with WinXP. Both are using Dell flat panel digital displays. After the...
  8. Black Screen on restart, no display signal!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen on restart, no display signal!: Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm having a nightmare trying to reinstall windows 10. I'll give a very brief description running up to this problem. Firstly I was using Windows7 and upgraded to windows 10 some time ago and everything worked, other than when it comes to...
  9. Accidentally turned of display, black screen/no mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally turned of display, black screen/no mouse: While using PowerPlanner7, I believe I may have accidentally turned off display or brightness to 0. I am unsure if I successfully made it back to the desktop after rebooting(my attempt to solve the problem). I have tried searching the Internet for shortcuts that re-enable...
  10. black screen on login (still able to input pin)

in Windows 10 Support
    black screen on login (still able to input pin): hi all, I just bought this computer a few weeks ago and this problem has been persistent since I've gotten it. sometimes when I login, the screen is black or partially black, the rectangle for my pin is still visible however. My screen is touchscreen. I can "erase" the...