Windows 10: Foxit PhantomPDF Questions

Discus and support Foxit PhantomPDF Questions in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Thinking of buy this and I'm wondering if it supports previews in file explorer. I'd also appreciate hearing any pros and cons about it and about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SoFine409, Mar 2, 2018.

1. SoFine409 Win User

Foxit PhantomPDF Questions

Thinking of buy this and I'm wondering if it supports previews in file explorer.

I'd also appreciate hearing any pros and cons about it and about any cheaper alternatives.

Thanks in advance.

:)

SoFine409, Mar 2, 2018
  2. auggy Win User

computer keeps crashing when i right click on a file or picture on the desktop-- using windows 1

Hi,

The error points to the ConvertToPDFShellExtension_x64.dll:

Faulting module name: ConvertToPDFShellExtension_x64.dll, version: 7.2.0.424

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Foxit PhantomPDF\plugins\ConvertToPDFShellExtension_x64.dll

The ConvertToPDFShellExtension_x64.dll appears to be a component of Foxit PhantomPDF so try temporarily uninstalling Foxit PhantomPDF.

auggy, Mar 2, 2018
  3. Unable to use Foxit PhantomPDF

Hi,

I have just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1.

Initially, my pdf documents opened using Foxit PhantomPDF, and that software was really useful.

But after upgrading, I'm unable to open any pdf files using Foxit PhantomPDF.

I alternatively installed Acrobat Reader DC, but it is giving me printer-related issues.

Please advice on how to be able to use my Foxit PhantomPDF.

Thanks!

ThasreenRefaya, Mar 2, 2018
  4. AndreTen Win User

Foxit Reader is free to use. Fine software. Enables you to do some manipulation with pdf files (editing bookmarks, anotations...)
    I'm not aware of it being capable of file preview. It opens pretty fast.
    This is pdf file in Large icons view: Edit: preview is part of Windows system.

Foxit PhantomPDF Questions [​IMG]

This is what Phantom offers over reader:

Foxit PhantomPDF Questions [​IMG]

AndreTen, Mar 5, 2018
  5. SoFine409 Win User
    Thanks AndreTen. Thanks for the info. I found a users guide and V9 (paid) that has a installable preview that works with file explorer. It looks really nice. I have Acrobat Standard V9.5 that I've been using for a long time but it's not very secure. I may do the trial version.
    Bob

SoFine409, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Foxit PhantomPDF Questions - Similar Threads - Foxit PhantomPDF Questions

2. Can't get foxit to work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't get foxit to work: Hello, I can't get foxit reader to work on my browser or can get it to open without clicking on run as administrator. But still not working right. I check on security and I found this: file: C:\Users\Michael's\Downloads\Programs\FoxitPDFReader111_Setup.exefile:...
  3. Can't get foxit to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get foxit to work: Hello, I can't get foxit reader to work on my browser or can get it to open without clicking on run as administrator. But still not working right. I check on security and I found this: file: C:\Users\Michael's\Downloads\Programs\FoxitPDFReader111_Setup.exefile:...
  4. Can't get foxit to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Foxit PhantomPDF Standard from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Foxit PhantomPDF Standard from Microsoft Store: I once purchased it from the store only to find that it was not nearly as capable as the 'same application' purchased directly from Foxit, which I was already using on my main computer. So, I requested and got a refund from the store and purchased it from Foxit again....
  6. Cannot uninstall Foxit Reader

Cannot uninstall Foxit Reader: I like Foxit Reader, but it stopped working so I tried to reinstall it. I downloaded FoxitReader97_Setup_Prom_IS.exe from their website and tried to reinstall. Partway through, I get the message "Installation unsuccessful. Please uninstall the previous version before...
  7. Foxit reader problems

Foxit reader problems: Is there, indeed, a special version for Windows 10? I ask because i have installed the standard program from their site, and need to use items in the Form menu, but they are greyed out. There is no protection to prevent use of the options, which could be a cause of my...
  8. Foxit PhantomPDF, from the Microsoft Store, tells me that Creater is not available and also...

Foxit PhantomPDF, from the Microsoft Store, tells me that Creater is not available and also...: My Great Grandfather purchased Foxit PhantomPDF Standard for me, from the Microsoft Store and installed it on my computer which is running Windows 10 Home 1803. He uses an older version of the same Standard program on his Windows 10 Pro 1803 computer and it allows him to...
  9. Foxit reader

Foxit reader: My current version of foxit reader is old, but I can't figure out how to update it on this windows 10 version. Any help would be appreciated. 52135
  10. Cannot print Foxit pdf

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot print Foxit pdf: Hello I have Windows 10 and HP Photosmart 5520 e-all-in-one-printer readily printing everything from any devices of mine (laptop, iPad mini). But I cannot print Foxit PDF. When I click print icon, or option in the file menu, I do not have "select printer interface" dialogue...