Windows 10: FPS drop on mouse movement in Games.

Discus and support FPS drop on mouse movement in Games. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is happening to be the 2nd time. Everything works fine on my laptop, but when I play a game, even that works flawlessly if I don't touch the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Satanarious, May 29, 2020.

1. FPS drop on mouse movement in Games.

This is happening to be the 2nd time. Everything works fine on my laptop, but when I play a game, even that works flawlessly if I don't touch the mouse. As soon as I use the mouse for movement, panning and stuff, The FPS drops and game starts to stutter. This happens only while using an External mouse but not with using the touchpad. I have tried almost everything:

1. Updated Windows
    2. Updated Drivers
    3. Set the Power options to High Performance
    4. Tried disabling various services to check if they are causing anything
    5. Earlier I thought it was a GTA 5 issue so I switch mouse input to direct/windows, this didn't help either as this was a global issue, not any game-specific.
    6. Checked for Viruses. Found none.

But nothing worked. Please help me out.Also, this is not an issue for any specific game but persists for all games. Please check the FPS counter on the Top-left of the video.FPS drops only on mouse movements else its all good.

https://reddit.com/link/gspybz/video/4he2xaaudo151/player

submitted by /u/Satanarious
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Satanarious, May 29, 2020

2. drop fps every game

Hi,

You can check Preeti Patel's answer on this
    link
    . Some users found her answer helpful. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps she provided and let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, May 29, 2020
  3. GPU usage drops with mouse movement in games

I've been having this issue since the installation of Windows 10 64 bits. Whenever I move my mouse in-game the GPU usage drops leading to a very annoying and severe FPS drop. I've been researching this for weeks, tried every fix imaginable and I can't fix
    it. I cannot play my favorite game mode because I never have enough FPS thanks to this problem. I don't know what to do anymore so I hope someone can help me with this because I have projects to work on but I can't work and test what I do because of this problem.
    Tried reinstalling drivers, uninstalling them and installing again, installing an old driver, different mouse, different polling rate, changing priority, disabling HPET, changing monitor, playing without the mouse drivers, updating mouse software, disabling
    second monitor, crank up the graphics settings in the control panel... I just... can't fix this thing.

My specs:

CPU AMD FX8320 @3.5 GHZ Black Edition water cooled by an H100i v2.

GPU Zotac GTX760 2GB with also good temperatures.

MOBO Gigabyte 970a-d3p

RAM is some Kingston 1333 HZ DDR3

PSU Corsair CX750w 80+ Bronze

Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MX Red

Mouse Logitech G403

Headset Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma

OS installed in a Kingston A400 120GB SSD

HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda

Thundersnow, May 29, 2020
  4. FPS drop on mouse movement in Games.

FPS drop in games

I saw also fps drops with some DX9 games at least since the anniversary update (I even did a fresh install but was the same), the only DX9 game that I play that had fps issues was 4Story (some had no changes, for example TERA, Final Fantasy XIII...), I usually
    had 20-30fps minimum and it runs at 1fps or even lower.

The only way I found to play it was to change the d3d9.dll with the version of it before the anniversary update. A friend also had fps drops in CS:GO with w10 anniversary, so I think the problem is with that file and it should be fixed... There are posts
    that talk about disabling Game DVR in the XBOX app, but since my computer does not meet the requirements I didn't test it.

Daniel_94PT, May 29, 2020
Thema:

FPS drop on mouse movement in Games.

1. FPS drop on mouse movement in Games. - Similar Threads - FPS drop mouse

2. Fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drop in games: so as the title says , i have been facing fps drops in games. for example sekiro which was working fine last year is currently unplayable because after say 5 minutes the fps drop from 60 to 30. I open up my task manager to see whats wrong and everythings fine. I checked using...
  3. Fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drop in games: so as the title says , i have been facing fps drops in games. for example sekiro which was working fine last year is currently unplayable because after say 5 minutes the fps drop from 60 to 30. I open up my task manager to see whats wrong and everythings fine. I checked using...
  4. Sudden FPS Drops in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden FPS Drops in games: Hello, So quite recently, I was forced naturally by windows to update to Windows 11. I was quite pessimistic, but then I read more about it and so I did not mind having it after ensuring that new update does not decrease your performance. Well, i hoped that's the thing, yet...
  5. FPS drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS drop in games: windows updates are causing fps drops down to 20 - 10 fps in games that used to run at 80 -100 fps. I have tried every single fix out there. i've tried several different graphics driver versions, reinstalling windows, even a complete factory reset . specs - Lenovo legion 5...
  6. FPS drop in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FPS drop in games: windows updates are causing fps drops down to 20 - 10 fps in games that used to run at 80 -100 fps. I have tried every single fix out there. i've tried several different graphics driver versions, reinstalling windows, even a complete factory reset . specs - Lenovo legion 5...
  7. Fps drops in all games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drops in all games.: I Have a 1050, i5 3570, asrock b75m, 8gb ram but different, one with xmp, one 1600mhz, the other 1333mhz, different voltage, SSD, hdd and it makes me stutter in all games, low/high it doesn't matter what I give, why it sttutering me in all games? I changed almost everything,...
  8. FPS drops in all games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FPS drops in all games: Since I factory reset my laptop about 2,5 years ago 3 years old laptop now, I am experiencing huge FPS drops when gaming. When FPS drops, voltage also drops significantly from cca. 23 to cca. 13 or even 6. CPU clock drops, GPU clock drops only sometimes resulting in even...
  9. GPU usage drops with mouse movement in games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU usage drops with mouse movement in games: I've been having this issue since the installation of Windows 10 64 bits. Whenever I move my mouse in-game the GPU usage drops leading to a very annoying and severe FPS drop. I've been researching this for weeks, tried every fix imaginable and I can't fix it. I cannot play my...
  10. MBP16 Win10 FPS drops while mouse movement and teamspeak is running

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MBP16 Win10 FPS drops while mouse movement and teamspeak is running: Original Post: https://www.reddit.com/r/bootcamp/comments/egv43w/mbp16_win10_fps_drops_while_mouse_movement_and/ Hi all, I've a really strange issue which I can't fix. I'm on a macbook pro 16" windows 10 via bootcamp and when I have a communication app opened like...