Windows 10: FPS Droping After 1 Minute of Gameplay

Discus and support FPS Droping After 1 Minute of Gameplay in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hey there as i told u in the title that is the probllem I open Dota 2 and i have 80+ FPS after some minutes of play it drops back to 60 sometimes 50... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by anixgaming, Mar 22, 2017.

1. FPS Droping After 1 Minute of Gameplay

Hey there as i told u in the title that is the probllem

I open Dota 2 and i have 80+ FPS after some minutes of play it drops back to 60 sometimes 50 ive been watching gpu core and when i open game it runs with 1135~mhz and after 1 min it drops down to 600~mhz as u can see in the picture bellow i market the gpu core with 2 black lines to see how it drops

i cant figure out the problem anyone know anything about this?

I also can boost up that gpu core when i alt+tab the game and when i come back to game i still have high fps after a minute it drops again

FPS Droping After 1 Minute of Gameplay [​IMG]

:)

anixgaming, Mar 22, 2017
  2. Dr3am Win User

FPS drop Windows 10 from Windows 7

I droped from 200-350 fps in csgo to sometimes now 60-150 fps

Dr3am, Mar 22, 2017
  3. FPS drops on all games after Upgrading to Windows 10

Am not only get FPS dropes am also get frame drop.

With my Skylake PC. and Geforce GTX 1070

with my windows 10 pc.

Mikael Jakobsson, Mar 22, 2017
  4. Cliff S New Member

FPS Droping After 1 Minute of Gameplay

Dota 2 is a CPU heavy game and your Package core temp looks pretty high, so I would guess the CPU is throttling(GPU looks pretty warm too).

Results: CPU Benchmarks - Dota 2 Performance, Benchmarked

Cliff S, Mar 22, 2017
  5. Archie123 Win User
    Ive seen this before in dota low fps and low gpu usage , what if you goto nvidia control panel , manage 3d settings , program settings , find DOTA and under "power management mode" select "prefer maximum performance" then apply. this should force your gpu to stay in 3d mode and not down clock

Archie123, Mar 22, 2017
  6. hi there thank you for your answer as i can figure it out i did windowed dota game and when i lower the resolution i have higher fps. also when i was on windowed mode my cpu was not working on highest level it was droping to 2.4 not allways 3.2 as u see in the picture and if im full exclusive screen when i alt+tab the game i get back higher fps after a min it drops again lower

anixgaming, Mar 22, 2017
  7. i have ested that but still doesnt help

anixgaming, Mar 22, 2017
  8. Helmut Win User

The CPU is overheating and clocking down. It is designed to do that.
    You can fiddle with power settings but ultimately it will protect itself and clock down.
    The cooling may not have been suitably designed, or assembled badly, or it has deteriorated over time.

Helmut, Mar 23, 2017
  9. That is indeed a high temp, but should it start going into thermal protection that soon? The max temp for that CPU is 100C, at which point it would go into thermal shutdown. I guess it may be different because it is a mobile CPU rather than a desktop.

ArazelEternal, Mar 23, 2017
  10. allright as i read here and there i have to try with a cooling pad and see the result abyway thaknk you all ill let u know know wfter i buy my colling pad

anixgaming, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. FPS Droping After 1 Minute of Gameplay - Similar Threads - FPS Droping Minute

2. Games crashing after 5-15 minutes of gameplay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crashing after 5-15 minutes of gameplay: This problem has been happening for months and I'm still not sure what the problem is. After about 5-15 minutes of gameplay in mostly heavy-load games, the game will just crash, my monitors go blank and it throws a hardware error in event viewer.I have made sure Windows is up...
  3. Games crashing after 5-15 minutes of gameplay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games crashing after 5-15 minutes of gameplay: This problem has been happening for months and I'm still not sure what the problem is. After about 5-15 minutes of gameplay in mostly heavy-load games, the game will just crash, my monitors go blank and it throws a hardware error in event viewer.I have made sure Windows is up...
  4. Games crashing after 5-15 minutes of gameplay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 1 FPS Cap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1 FPS Cap: Hi I’ve been having this issue for a while now where my FPS is capped at 1 on certain apps. Another thing is, when I minimise the app, the FPS goes back to normal.Things I’ve tried:Resetting PC resetting everythingSystem restoresDDUUpdated ALL drivers chipset, processor...
  6. 1 FPS Cap

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1 FPS Cap: Hi I’ve been having this issue for a while now where my FPS is capped at 1 on certain apps. Another thing is, when I minimise the app, the FPS goes back to normal.Things I’ve tried:Resetting PC resetting everythingSystem restoresDDUUpdated ALL drivers chipset, processor...
  7. 1 FPS Cap

8. Games & applications crashing at approximately 1 Hour 30 Minutes of gameplay

Games & applications crashing at approximately 1 Hour 30 Minutes of gameplay: Hello, I am not sure what causes this crash everytime I try to play a game that is longer than 1 and a half hours. I have tried: - DISM SCAN -> Results: Okay - SFC SCAN -> Results: Okay - CHKDSK and Error Checking - > Results: Okay - Memory Check -> Results: Okay - DDU...
  9. PC crashes after 5 minutes gameplay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes after 5 minutes gameplay: Bought a gaming PC for Christmas and each time I load a game it plays for approximately 5 minutes before freezing and the PC restarts. I have updated windows 10, ran diagnostics for memory and graphics card and updated drivers where necessary. all diagnostics checks come back...
  10. drop fps in game after 5min gameplay after updating win 10

drop fps in game after 5min gameplay after updating win 10: hello , my system is macbook pro 2016 , 64bit,radeon 450 graphic card , intel core i 7 6700hq quad core 2.6 ghz ,using bootcamp for windows 10 . after my last windows 10 update when i going to play game (doa2) ,my fps droping down after 5min gameplay , it drops down from 80...