Windows 10: FPS Drops across all games after installing Windows in SSD

Discus and support FPS Drops across all games after installing Windows in SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 on to my SSD (previously in HDD), formatted my HDD, replaced it in the DVD writer slot, to make my current SATA III port for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ArpitPanwar1, Aug 15, 2019.

1. FPS Drops across all games after installing Windows in SSD

I installed Windows 10 on to my SSD (previously in HDD), formatted my HDD, replaced it in the DVD writer slot, to make my current SATA III port for future SSD's. The game fps would fluctuate between 19-112 with 35 fps most of the time. All the games used to run at 100 fps at 1080p high settings before the windows installation to the SSD.\ Windows 10 MAY update 18362.295 Geforce JULY update 431.60 Intel i7-6700HQ 16 GB DDR4 RAM 256 GB M.2 SSD 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD 4 GB GDDR5 GeForce GTX 960M 8 GB Intel HD Grpahics 530 I even rolled back GPU driver to FEB month, but the problem is still there. Nothing of this sort was there before 13th AUG 2019. I had the same Windows update, same GPU driver, no hardware problem. But suddenly after putting windows to SSD instead of HDD, this all started. I have been at it for the past 16 hours straight. Don't know what to do.

:)

ArpitPanwar1, Aug 15, 2019

2. Games in HDD have FPS drop

Hi,

I bought a new computer recently and I have noticed that it has FPS drop in all games that are installed on the HDD.

This PC has 1 SSD and 1 HDD.

The SSD is the C partition (OS) and the HDD is the D partition.

When games are installed on the SSD, they run great. But, when games are installed on the HDD they have FPS drop constantly (every 10 seconds more or less).

I'd really appreciate any help to solve this problem.

Regards,

Phoenix

UPDATE: I installed the game on an External HDD and the game runs great. I don't get why it does not run well with the internal HDD.

UnknownPhoenix, Aug 15, 2019
  3. drop fps every game

Hi,

You can check Preeti Patel's answer on this
    link
    . Some users found her answer helpful. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps she provided and let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Aug 15, 2019
  4. FPS Drops across all games after installing Windows in SSD

FPS drop on Windows 10

what is the model of your laptop. What graphic drivers do you have installed? Can you list a game or two where you measured the FPS drop?

Kevin C [MSFT], Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

FPS Drops across all games after installing Windows in SSD

1. FPS Drops across all games after installing Windows in SSD - Similar Threads - FPS Drops across

2. Fps drops and Stuttering on all games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drops and Stuttering on all games: Pc specs: Ryzen 7 7800x3d RTX 4070 superMag b650 Tomahawk wifiSamsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB 32gb ram Corsair Rm850 gold plusI updated all bios and drivers. Reinstalled them as well. Did a full Windows reinstall. Temps are below 80 degrees Celsius for both CPU and GPU. Usage...
  3. Fps drops and Stuttering on all games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drops and Stuttering on all games: Pc specs: Ryzen 7 7800x3d RTX 4070 superMag b650 Tomahawk wifiSamsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB 32gb ram Corsair Rm850 gold plusI updated all bios and drivers. Reinstalled them as well. Did a full Windows reinstall. Temps are below 80 degrees Celsius for both CPU and GPU. Usage...
  4. Fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drop in games: so as the title says , i have been facing fps drops in games. for example sekiro which was working fine last year is currently unplayable because after say 5 minutes the fps drop from 60 to 30. I open up my task manager to see whats wrong and everythings fine. I checked using...
  5. Random FPS drop across all games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random FPS drop across all games: I was playing some Rocket League when I noticed that I was only getting 20 fps, which is unusual because I usually get around 80. Same in Fortnite too, 20 fps where I was getting like 90-120 fps. I did not install anything besides a few drivers updated and a BIOS update. I...
  6. Random FPS drop across all games

Random FPS drop across all games: I was playing some Rocket League when I noticed that I was only getting 20 fps, which is unusual because I usually get around 80. Same in Fortnite too, 20 fps where I was getting like 90-120 fps. I did not install anything besides a few drivers updated and a BIOS update. I...
  7. FPS drop in games

FPS drop in games: windows updates are causing fps drops down to 20 - 10 fps in games that used to run at 80 -100 fps. I have tried every single fix out there. i've tried several different graphics driver versions, reinstalling windows, even a complete factory reset . specs - Lenovo legion 5...
  8. Fps drops in all games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drops in all games.: I Have a 1050, i5 3570, asrock b75m, 8gb ram but different, one with xmp, one 1600mhz, the other 1333mhz, different voltage, SSD, hdd and it makes me stutter in all games, low/high it doesn't matter what I give, why it sttutering me in all games? I changed almost everything,...
  9. Fps drops in all games.

Fps drops in all games.: I Have a 1050, i5 3570, asrock b75m, 8gb ram but different, one with xmp, one 1600mhz, the other 1333mhz, different voltage, SSD, hdd and it makes me stutter in all games, low/high it doesn't matter what I give, why it sttutering me in all games? I changed almost everything,...
  10. FPS drops in all games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FPS drops in all games: Since I factory reset my laptop about 2,5 years ago 3 years old laptop now, I am experiencing huge FPS drops when gaming. When FPS drops, voltage also drops significantly from cca. 23 to cca. 13 or even 6. CPU clock drops, GPU clock drops only sometimes resulting in even...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. game fps droped with ssd