Windows 10: FPS Drops across all games after installing Windows in SSD

Discus and support FPS Drops across all games after installing Windows in SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 on to my SSD (previously in HDD), formatted my HDD, replaced it in the DVD writer slot, to make my current SATA III port for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ArpitPanwar1, Aug 15, 2019.

1. FPS Drops across all games after installing Windows in SSD

I installed Windows 10 on to my SSD (previously in HDD), formatted my HDD, replaced it in the DVD writer slot, to make my current SATA III port for future SSD's. The game fps would fluctuate between 19-112 with 35 fps most of the time. All the games used to run at 100 fps at 1080p high settings before the windows installation to the SSD.\ Windows 10 MAY update 18362.295 Geforce JULY update 431.60 Intel i7-6700HQ 16 GB DDR4 RAM 256 GB M.2 SSD 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD 4 GB GDDR5 GeForce GTX 960M 8 GB Intel HD Grpahics 530 I even rolled back GPU driver to FEB month, but the problem is still there. Nothing of this sort was there before 13th AUG 2019. I had the same Windows update, same GPU driver, no hardware problem. But suddenly after putting windows to SSD instead of HDD, this all started. I have been at it for the past 16 hours straight. Don't know what to do.

:)

ArpitPanwar1, Aug 15, 2019

2. Games in HDD have FPS drop

Hi,

I bought a new computer recently and I have noticed that it has FPS drop in all games that are installed on the HDD.

This PC has 1 SSD and 1 HDD.

The SSD is the C partition (OS) and the HDD is the D partition.

When games are installed on the SSD, they run great. But, when games are installed on the HDD they have FPS drop constantly (every 10 seconds more or less).

I'd really appreciate any help to solve this problem.

Regards,

Phoenix

UPDATE: I installed the game on an External HDD and the game runs great. I don't get why it does not run well with the internal HDD.

UnknownPhoenix, Aug 15, 2019
  3. drop fps every game

Hi,

You can check Preeti Patel's answer on this
    link
    . Some users found her answer helpful. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps she provided and let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Aug 15, 2019
  4. FPS Drops across all games after installing Windows in SSD

FPS drop on Windows 10

what is the model of your laptop. What graphic drivers do you have installed? Can you list a game or two where you measured the FPS drop?

Kevin C [MSFT], Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

FPS Drops across all games after installing Windows in SSD

1. FPS Drops across all games after installing Windows in SSD - Similar Threads - FPS Drops across

2. Very sluggish in games/fps drops

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very sluggish in games/fps drops: Hi guys, and Happy Holidays :) I'm at witts end with this thing, I updated to the October 1809 update, but can't remember if the issue started before that, in games I have lost at least half of the FPS I used to get, for example, in Euro Truck Sim 2 I used to get 140...
  3. Low performance in games, FPS drops, game is not smooth on new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low performance in games, FPS drops, game is not smooth on new SSD: Hello, A few days ago I installed Windows 10 on my laptop using Microsoft instalation tool (Pobierz WindowsÂ*10) (Windows 10 version 1809). I've done it because I've changed my old HDD to SSD. On the previous disk (HDD) I had Windows 10 version 1803. Unfortunately, after...
  4. Fix for FPS drops suddenly for all games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix for FPS drops suddenly for all games: I first used to play gta5 and far cry 4 perfectly and other games too, but recently FPS has dropped down to 14-20 frames. So I inquired about Hardware damages at service centers but there was no issue, the technician told me that it was due to the OS. So please help me. My...
  5. FPS Drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS Drops: Recently my PC has been getting major fps drops in games ill be around 120fps then it'll drop to 20. My Specs are: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 with max q design Driver version 398.36 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 15.87 GB RAM 1920x 1080, 60Hz...
  6. FPS drops in every single game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS drops in every single game.: Once the bigger update came in May ( can't remember date ), i have experienced fps drops in every single game and i have spent so many hours trying to fix them. Ill list things i have tried below. For example in CS:GO i have usually around 250 FPS then it drops to 10-40 FPS....
  7. Fix Game FPS drops in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Game FPS drops in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Microsoft has pushed hard for Gaming on Windows 10 PCs. Every update has got something for gamers, but it’s not without hiccups and issues around gaming. One of the major problems reported by users is Game Stuttering with FPS drops for [...] This post Fix Game...
  8. Sometimes, low fps in all games, sometimes good fps in all games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes, low fps in all games, sometimes good fps in all games: In continuation of my computer problems (previous issue: BSOD- CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while computer is running - Windows 10 Forums), now I am getting poor performance most of the time from all games 30-40fps in games which I previously got 60-100fps on same settings. There is...
  9. FPS drop

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    FPS drop: Anyone know to completely remove the AMD Crimson drivers? Frame rate has gone to hell. Was pulling 42+ FPS in WoW with original drivers. Has now dropped to 10FPS under the AMD drivers. 35215
  10. Huge fps drop on games after upgrading to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Huge fps drop on games after upgrading to Windows 10.: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 because there are a handful of upcoming games that I am interested in that are only available from the Windows store (Gears of War, Killer Instinct, and Quantum Break), and I also want to take advantage of dx12 when games start to utilize it....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. game fps droped with ssd