Windows 10: FPS drops in all games

Discus and support FPS drops in all games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since I factory reset my laptop about 2,5 years ago 3 years old laptop now, I am experiencing huge FPS drops when gaming. When FPS drops, voltage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DominikŠtolfa, Dec 19, 2020.

1. FPS drops in all games

Since I factory reset my laptop about 2,5 years ago 3 years old laptop now, I am experiencing huge FPS drops when gaming.

When FPS drops, voltage also drops significantly from cca. 23 to cca. 13 or even 6. CPU clock drops, GPU clock drops only sometimes resulting in even bigger lag. Temperature of GPU and CPU drops by cca. 20 dgrees of celzius, never goes above 90.

Everything goes fine until first lag appeares. Lower grapics settings does not help. GPU usage is constantly 99-100% after first lag. Even if it was 80% before.

Fans go faster during lag. I attached cooling pad but it caused internal fans to go slover for some reason. After lag they slow down. I don’t have manual control over fans. They are clean.

I think it must be driver issue since everything goes “normall” after any bigger update or changes in system that require restart.

System was saying everything was up to date. Untill few days ago, I haven’t tryed latest windows update yet.

All possible setting I found are set to high performance. I even tryed to put the lovest procesor limit to 100%. Strange thing is, that when I decrease GPU frequency, it takes more time for lags to appear.

To assume, there is not any general rule when does the first lag appear. It may be 10 minutes or half an hour, but it allways does.

:)

DominikŠtolfa, Dec 19, 2020

2. drop fps every game

Hi,

You can check Preeti Patel's answer on this
    link
    . Some users found her answer helpful. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps she provided and let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Dec 19, 2020
  3. FPS drop in games

I saw also fps drops with some DX9 games at least since the anniversary update (I even did a fresh install but was the same), the only DX9 game that I play that had fps issues was 4Story (some had no changes, for example TERA, Final Fantasy XIII...), I usually
    had 20-30fps minimum and it runs at 1fps or even lower.

The only way I found to play it was to change the d3d9.dll with the version of it before the anniversary update. A friend also had fps drops in CS:GO with w10 anniversary, so I think the problem is with that file and it should be fixed... There are posts
    that talk about disabling Game DVR in the XBOX app, but since my computer does not meet the requirements I didn't test it.

Daniel_94PT, Dec 19, 2020
  4. FPS drops in all games

FPS drop on Windows 10

what is the model of your laptop. What graphic drivers do you have installed? Can you list a game or two where you measured the FPS drop?

Kevin C [MSFT], Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

FPS drops in all games

1. FPS drops in all games - Similar Threads - FPS drops games

2. Fps drops and Stuttering on all games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drops and Stuttering on all games: Pc specs: Ryzen 7 7800x3d RTX 4070 superMag b650 Tomahawk wifiSamsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB 32gb ram Corsair Rm850 gold plusI updated all bios and drivers. Reinstalled them as well. Did a full Windows reinstall. Temps are below 80 degrees Celsius for both CPU and GPU. Usage...
  3. Fps drops and Stuttering on all games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drops and Stuttering on all games: Pc specs: Ryzen 7 7800x3d RTX 4070 superMag b650 Tomahawk wifiSamsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB 32gb ram Corsair Rm850 gold plusI updated all bios and drivers. Reinstalled them as well. Did a full Windows reinstall. Temps are below 80 degrees Celsius for both CPU and GPU. Usage...
  4. Fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drop in games: so as the title says , i have been facing fps drops in games. for example sekiro which was working fine last year is currently unplayable because after say 5 minutes the fps drop from 60 to 30. I open up my task manager to see whats wrong and everythings fine. I checked using...
  5. Random FPS drop across all games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random FPS drop across all games: I was playing some Rocket League when I noticed that I was only getting 20 fps, which is unusual because I usually get around 80. Same in Fortnite too, 20 fps where I was getting like 90-120 fps. I did not install anything besides a few drivers updated and a BIOS update. I...
  6. Random FPS drop across all games

Random FPS drop across all games: I was playing some Rocket League when I noticed that I was only getting 20 fps, which is unusual because I usually get around 80. Same in Fortnite too, 20 fps where I was getting like 90-120 fps. I did not install anything besides a few drivers updated and a BIOS update. I...
  7. FPS drop in games

FPS drop in games: windows updates are causing fps drops down to 20 - 10 fps in games that used to run at 80 -100 fps. I have tried every single fix out there. i've tried several different graphics driver versions, reinstalling windows, even a complete factory reset . specs - Lenovo legion 5...
  8. Fps drops in all games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drops in all games.: I Have a 1050, i5 3570, asrock b75m, 8gb ram but different, one with xmp, one 1600mhz, the other 1333mhz, different voltage, SSD, hdd and it makes me stutter in all games, low/high it doesn't matter what I give, why it sttutering me in all games? I changed almost everything,...
  9. Fps drops in all games.

Fps drops in all games.: I Have a 1050, i5 3570, asrock b75m, 8gb ram but different, one with xmp, one 1600mhz, the other 1333mhz, different voltage, SSD, hdd and it makes me stutter in all games, low/high it doesn't matter what I give, why it sttutering me in all games? I changed almost everything,...
  10. Fix for FPS drops suddenly for all games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix for FPS drops suddenly for all games: I first used to play gta5 and far cry 4 perfectly and other games too, but recently FPS has dropped down to 14-20 frames. So I inquired about Hardware damages at service centers but there was no issue, the technician told me that it was due to the OS. So please help me. My...