Windows 10: FPS in fullscreen games looks low but is high?

Discus and support FPS in fullscreen games looks low but is high? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently I got a new PC which I have had almost no problems with. I get decent FPS in most games however when I use fullscreen on almost every game,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RomanUK, Mar 2, 2020.

1. RomanUK Win User

FPS in fullscreen games looks low but is high?

Recently I got a new PC which I have had almost no problems with.

I get decent FPS in most games however when I use fullscreen on almost every game, my FPS stays high but the game looks like it's stuttering and lagging when I'm not getting any FPS drops or ping spikes.

My Specs:

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G With Radeon Vega Graphics

Radeon RX 570

8GB RAM

Prime A320M-K

Here is a link to my monitor - https://www.ebuyer.com/720608-aoc-g2260vwq6-21-5-lcd-full-hd-monitor-g2260vwq6?gclid=CjwKCAiA-vLyBRBWEiwAzOkGVMlivWKnHTdp9IfvfB1Z0Pv7ge9pDya7JdSmNlVuwaLQfCr0gFl4_hoCBKMQAvD_BwE

What's causing this? Please note my GPU drivers are up to date.

:)

RomanUK, Mar 2, 2020
  2. BossDweeb Win User

Most Fullscreen Games Capped at 60 FPS

Hmm. Low gpu use then. In Steep I'm getting 100% gpu use. Both Windowed and Fullscreen, as we should.

Why this would happen to you in certain games I don't know. Is the gpu voltage and clock speed kicking into high gear

when you run these games ?

- Have you tried the Nvidia forums ?

- I had a few more runs and see I mixed up my 1080p Windowed mode frame rates with the Fullscreen before.

I am getting 80>90 @1920x1080 Windowed, and upper 50's Fullscreen average. The VRAM use dropped to 3540MB

Judging by your Windowed fps being roughly double mine you should also be able to double my Fullscreen frame rates, at least.

- I didn't try it again today but only saw but a couple frames difference between Borderless and Fullscreen mode last time.

- I do have one problem with Steep that I wouldn't if I could play off line. The game runs smoothly at the relatively low frame rate solo,

but I get terrible lag when a group drop in on a run I'm doing. I wasn't monitoring so don't know if it's an fps drop or a server side lag.

BossDweeb, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10 and LOW FPS in games

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Are you facing this issue with a particular game or with all games?

I suggest you to go into the games settings and check if the FPS is set to low. IF its low then change it into high.

Also see if the Monitor screen resolution matches the game screen resolution. You can check it by going into the setting of the game and check.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 2, 2020
  4. FPS in fullscreen games looks low but is high?

screen flikkering and low fps when playing fullscreen games

Hi Malik,

An outdated graphics card is one of the possible reasons why you are getting low FPS when playing games on your Windows 10 device. To resolve this concern, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you experiencing this issue with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected games?

Meanwhile, I recommend that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove conflicts with an app from Microsoft Store. To do this, you may click the link below:

Click here

Also, I suggest that you update your graphics card. To make sure that you have the latest graphics card, it would be best to get in touch with your computer manufacturer.

Wilfred Mac, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

FPS in fullscreen games looks low but is high?

1. FPS in fullscreen games looks low but is high? - Similar Threads - FPS fullscreen games

2. Low fps in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low fps in games: I suddenly had low fps in all my games so i tried fixing it and ran into several problemssfc doesnt work i get the error Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service, DISM doesnt work, i have low fps in all my games, i cant do an update because i get the...
  3. Low fps in games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low fps in games: I suddenly had low fps in all my games so i tried fixing it and ran into several problemssfc doesnt work i get the error Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service, DISM doesnt work, i have low fps in all my games, i cant do an update because i get the...
  4. High GPU but low FPS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High GPU but low FPS: Hello. Very generally, my issue is that I used to be able to run certain programs and games easily with my GPU, but in the past few months, I've been seeing heavy performance drops. My GPU is at 100% most of the time, my NVIDIA settings are tuned for performance, and as far...
  5. High GPU but low FPS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High GPU but low FPS: Hello. Very generally, my issue is that I used to be able to run certain programs and games easily with my GPU, but in the past few months, I've been seeing heavy performance drops. My GPU is at 100% most of the time, my NVIDIA settings are tuned for performance, and as far...
  6. High fps but game doesnt look like it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High fps but game doesnt look like it: So I have a 1070 and an i7 4700 something and i should be able to run a game perfectly fine but when i load up fortnite specifically its like some frames just get deleted or something? like ill be turning and it doesnt look 60 fps at all...
  7. High fps but game doesnt look like it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High fps but game doesnt look like it: So I have a 1070 and an i7 4700 something and i should be able to run a game perfectly fine but when i load up fortnite specifically its like some frames just get deleted or something? like ill be turning and it doesnt look 60 fps at all...
  8. Low FPS in games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low FPS in games: Hi - My laptop is reasonably well spec'd: i7, RTX 2070, 32 GB RAM. For whatever reason, games like Minecraft and GTA V don't run as smoothly as they used to, getting only about 70 and 40 FPS respectively. Is there anything I can do to fix it other than updating my...
  9. low fps but high ms

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    low fps but high ms: so my computer about 2 weeks ago had really bad ms when using games and google and was super laggy (120 fps, 500 ms). now it’s the complete opposite (10 fps, 20 ms). any tips to help fix this? submitted by /u/JustHaxs [link] [comments]...
  10. FPS in fullscreen games feels low but is high?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS in fullscreen games feels low but is high?: Recently I got a new PC which I have had almost no problems with. I get decent FPS in most games however when I use fullscreen, my FPS stays stable, but the game looks like it's stuttering and lagging when I'm not getting any FPS drops or ping spikes. This doesn't happen in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. low fps in fullscreen