Windows 10: FPS in games is falling

Discus and support FPS in games is falling in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I start the game, it is working well but if I switch to another window by pressing alt + tabkeys and then go back to the game, the FPS drops to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Odis_5, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Odis_5 Win User

FPS in games is falling

When I start the game, it is working well but if I switch to another window by pressing alt + tabkeys and then go back to the game, the FPS drops to 10-15 and processor and video card temperature drastically increases.

:)

Odis_5, Sep 9, 2020
  2. Chriso747 Win User

FPS dropping while gaming after windows 10 anniversary update

Your steps you've taken have made it clear for me now.

So if a Microsoft service is running while you are in your game, then that service should show up in your Task Manager (Processes). However, in your earlier post you said that everything was fine, just as it was before this problem, which should cause
    us to wonder what mysterious service is running and robbing you of your FPS.

I can only suggest you launch your game again with all Services enabled and in Normal Boot configuration. When FPS begins to fall and staying low, pause/minimize your game and check out Task Manager. Again, see what is using up CPU cycles and Disk activity
    apart from your game.

Chriso747, Sep 9, 2020
  3. drop fps every game

Hi,

You can check Preeti Patel's answer on this
    link
    . Some users found her answer helpful. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps she provided and let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Sep 9, 2020
  4. FPS in games is falling

After the recent update my fps in games have slowly gone to trash.

Hi Klasifyy,

An outdated graphics card is one of the possible reasons why you're having issues with games FPS and ping when playing your game. I appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you have done on your end to try to fix this concern. To help you resolve this concern,
    I recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Disable Game bar.

1. Right-click the Start button.
    2. Click Settings.
    3. Click Gaming.
    4. Click Game bar.
    5. Click the switch below Record game clips. Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns Off.

Step 2: Disable Game DVR.

1. Right-click the Start button.
    2. Click Settings.
    3. Click Gaming.
    4. Click Game DVR.
    5. Click the switch below Record in the background while I'm playing a game so that it turns Off.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

FPS in games is falling

1. FPS in games is falling - Similar Threads - FPS games falling

2. FPS in game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS in game: I noticed that compared to Windows 10 I have performance problems, do you have any tips on how to increase FPS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fps-in-game/3ae2f4f2-ff2e-4e3e-825b-084cc4d74379
  3. FPS in game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FPS in game: I noticed that compared to Windows 10 I have performance problems, do you have any tips on how to increase FPS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fps-in-game/3ae2f4f2-ff2e-4e3e-825b-084cc4d74379
  4. FPS drop in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FPS drop in games: windows updates are causing fps drops down to 20 - 10 fps in games that used to run at 80 -100 fps. I have tried every single fix out there. i've tried several different graphics driver versions, reinstalling windows, even a complete factory reset . specs - Lenovo legion 5...
  5. game fps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    game fps: HI I have a problem with leageu of legends fps, i have 100 fps but my game feels laggy, like its not 100, and i see alot of screen tearing and stuter, is there a fix for that? Thanks specs i5-8250U Geforce 150mx 8gb ram 1TB HDD...
  6. Low FPS in games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low FPS in games: Hi - My laptop is reasonably well spec'd: i7, RTX 2070, 32 GB RAM. For whatever reason, games like Minecraft and GTA V don't run as smoothly as they used to, getting only about 70 and 40 FPS respectively. Is there anything I can do to fix it other than updating my...
  7. PC Gaming FPS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Gaming FPS: Hello, recently I have gotten into gaming on PC and was given a desktop that has a Phenom ii x6 1100t processor 3.3 ghz, a RTX 580 8GB Graphics card, with 12 GB of ram. I'm running a windows 10 OS on an SSD while using a HDD for my main storage. Which I'm told is really good...
  8. Windows 10 fall update - gaming/fps drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 fall update - gaming/fps drop: Hello! Today i got the windows fall updated. i played just fine most of the day, i noticed my pc acts a bit slower but it didn't really bother me. Then out of nowhere, my fps in overwatch dropped, was really unplayable, i updated my drivers etc. it was a mess, didn't work. I...
  9. Low gaming fps since Fall Creators update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low gaming fps since Fall Creators update.: what do you use to stream? shadowplay? if so.. turn it off and see how your game runs.
  10. How to solve problem with FPS in games in Fall Creators Update 17017

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve problem with FPS in games in Fall Creators Update 17017: Windows 10 build 17017.There is a problem in automatic changeing grafic cards beetween intel GPU and Nvidia GPU.If you now have lower FPS in games, or programs like Photoshop/After Effects... - go to NVidia control center and change chooseing GPU from - automatic to - Nvidia...