Windows 10: Fps increased when upgraded. Clean installed later, fps back low.

Discus and support Fps increased when upgraded. Clean installed later, fps back low. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Like the title says, i noticed something with my fps when playing games on windows 10 I'm on a laptop dell xps 17 l702x graphics card: GT 555m 3GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Crisis Era, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Fps increased when upgraded. Clean installed later, fps back low.

Like the title says, i noticed something with my fps when playing games on windows 10

I'm on a laptop
    dell xps 17 l702x
    graphics card: GT 555m 3GB
    i7 2760qm 2,40ghz tb 3,50ghz

So i had windows 7 ultimate and i upgraded to windows 10 at first. When the upgrade was finished i tried to play a game (Rocket League) and i noticed my fps went from 20-25 to 30-37fps wich was a nice boost. the game played very smooth. then i decided to clean install windows 10 cause i had some programs & drivers that had errors after the upgrade. so when the clean install was finished i installed first all my drivers back without any errors now, and then i reinstalled back my games. Now i noticed when playing the same game (Rocket League) my fps was back low like it was in win7 (20-25fps). can someone tell me why this is?

I'm using the latest nvidia driver (355.82) for windows 10.

:)

Crisis Era, Sep 5, 2015

2. Windows 10 Super Game Lag

Hello Again

I've try your steps above

and i download the windows 10 version 1511 build 10586 around 2.5 GB

Still no change in mw3 fps

But, There was an improvement when playing built in apps like:

Hill Climb Racing : increasing 2 fps

Candy Crush Saga Soda : increasing 2.5 fps

Airport City : increasing 1-2 fps

Inside out Tought Bubbles : increasing 3-4 fps

Cut The Rope : Increasing 5 fps

I really enjoyed about build 10586 there is so many improvement of user interfaces

although there is no ability to play mw3

But i enjoyed it by playing windows store apps

Thanks for your assist

Sorry for my bad english

Regards.

Ariq Fauzan, Sep 5, 2015
  3. marssew Win User
    FPS drop on Windows 10

I have ASUS K551LN with i5-4210U , 8Gb Ram Gpu - nvidia geforce 840m 2gb and driver- GeForce Windows 10 driver version -353.62

First game Sleeping Dogs with windows 8.1 i had 40+ fps but now with windows 10 ~ 30 fps.

CS:GO 8.1 had 120+ fps now 60 -90 fps

Also i tested GTA V 8.1 was about 40 fps but now 30 fps after few minutes dps start to fall to 18-16 fps at low.

And a litlle fps drop is in Euro truck simulator 2.

If i downgraded to 8.1 i will be able to upgrade back on windows 10 after few months?

marssew, Sep 5, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Fps increased when upgraded. Clean installed later, fps back low.

What version driver do you have installed for the intel 3000 graphics?
    The latest version from intel is 15.28.24.64.4229 for x64 or 15.28.24.4229 for x86

WhyMe, Sep 5, 2015
  5. I don't think i have the Intel 3000 Graphics on my laptop? cuz when i try to intall a driver for the intel 3000 it says my laptop does not meet the minimum system requirments.

Crisis Era, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Fps increased when upgraded. Clean installed later, fps back low.

1. Fps increased when upgraded. Clean installed later, fps back low. - Similar Threads - Fps increased upgraded

2. Low fps in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low fps in games: I suddenly had low fps in all my games so i tried fixing it and ran into several problemssfc doesnt work i get the error Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service, DISM doesnt work, i have low fps in all my games, i cant do an update because i get the...
  3. Low fps on everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low fps on everything: I resseted my PC to a fresh start and when the system is done installing I restarted it. I notice something wierd like it's so laggy. I launcher one of my game and see that the fps is only 7. I don't know what happened I know my GPU is working and I haven't remove anything....
  4. Low fps in everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low fps in everything: Resetted my laptop and after the installation felt something wrong. It is laggy and sometimes hang. I play random games and found out that the FPS drops. GTX 1050 Intel i5-7300HQ Ram -8 GB HDD -1TB...
  5. Low fps in everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low fps in everything: Resetted my laptop and after the installation felt something wrong. It is laggy and sometimes hang. I play random games and found out that the FPS drops. GTX 1050 Intel i5-7300HQ Ram -8 GB HDD -1TB...
  6. Low fps in everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low fps in everything: So Today i reseted my pc to a fresh start, and when the system installed, i felt something was wrong, like that the whole system was laggy than before the reset, and when i launched a random game that i installed, i had 5 fps in it even tho i always had like 100 fps Idk i...
  7. FPS increase

FPS increase: I play games but when I play any browser game like krunker.io which is multiplayer but when I play it I get around 60 FPS and it sometimes around 20 which is too lag but around 60 it works smooth, but how can I even increase more then 60 fps like around 150 fps or more then...
  8. Low FPS/GPU

Low FPS/GPU: I got this Gaming Laptop that is a ASUS - ROG Strix G15 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti - 512GB SSD - Electro Punk I got it around August and wasn't playing it for games, mostly just for school. Later on i had started playing...
  9. High FPS background, low FPS when tabbed in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High FPS background, low FPS when tabbed in?: High FPS background and low FPS when tabbed in I recently reset my entire PC and after installing, of what I believe to be, all drivers, windows updates and some games, I am now experiencing the issue above. When I am tabbed into a game, my CPU and GPU are barely being used...
  10. Low FPS in games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low FPS in games: Hi - My laptop is reasonably well spec'd: i7, RTX 2070, 32 GB RAM. For whatever reason, games like Minecraft and GTA V don't run as smoothly as they used to, getting only about 70 and 40 FPS respectively. Is there anything I can do to fix it other than updating my...