Windows 10: FPS stuck at 60 after doing Fresh Start.

Discus and support FPS stuck at 60 after doing Fresh Start. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; First of all you shouldn't have such a thing. Secondly all my apps and softwares got uninstalled and now my game which used to give 150-200 fps is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AkshatPandey1, Aug 17, 2018.

1. FPS stuck at 60 after doing Fresh Start.

First of all you shouldn't have such a thing. Secondly all my apps and softwares got uninstalled and now my game which used to give 150-200 fps is stuck on 60 fps. Please help I have my tournament coming.

:)

AkshatPandey1, Aug 17, 2018
  2. WorMeX. Win User

FPS Stuck 60

Hey, after i reinstall my windows i show my games is stucked on 60 fps, i try everything i can but don't work. I want to restore the previous update without windows creators fall update because before reinstall windows my games was work very good. I search
    on the internet about 'Restore Previous' but in my settings this options doesn't appear because at the moment when i install windows, it make auto updates. Please HELP me!

WorMeX., Aug 17, 2018
  3. All games are capped at 60 fps after Windows 10 Update

After the latest windows 10 update. All games seem to be capped at 60 fps when before the update I got well over 80 fps. I DO NOT have vsync enabled nor do I have Game DVR enabled. I looked all over online and have received no help. Any suggestions?

JesusVelarde1, Aug 17, 2018
  4. FPS stuck at 60 after doing Fresh Start.

FPS Stuck 60

Hi,

Corrupted components of your system is one possible reason why you are experiencing FPS drop. Here are methods on how to troubleshoot low FPS on Windows 10:

Method 1: Switch the Game bar off.

The Game bar is switched on by default. First, switch the Game bar off via the Settings app. You can configure the Game bar’s settings as follows.

• First, press the Cortana button and enter ‘settings’ in the search box. Select to open the Settings app.

• Alternatively, you can also press the Win key + I hotkey to open Settings.

• Next, click Gaming to open the options shown in the snapshot directly below.

• Select Game bar on the left of the Settings window.

• Then toggle the Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar setting switch to Off.

• Below that setting there’s a Show game bar when I play full-screen games Microsoft has verified option. Uncheck that option’s check box so that it’s not selected.

Method 2: Switch off Game DVR.

The Game bar includes Game DVR to record video so that you can capture clips of those more exciting gaming moments. Even though you’ve switched the game bar off, Game DVR still remains on. This is how you can disable the Game DVR.

• Open Cortana and enter ‘xbox’ in the search box.

• Select to open the Xbox app.

• Open Settings and then select the Game DVR tab.

• Turn the Take screenshots using Game DVR setting off.

• If switching Game DVR off with Xbox app isn’t enough, you can also disable it via the registry. Press the Win key + R to open Run.

• Enter ‘regedit’ in Run’s text box to open the Registry Editor.

• First, open this registry path in the editor’s window: HKEY_CURRENT_USER > System > GameConfigStore.

• Double-click the GameDVR_Enabled DWORD to open the Edit DWORD window directly below.

• Enter ‘0’ in the Value data text box, and click the OK button.

• Next, browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Policies > Microsoft >Windows in the Registry Editor.

Method 3: Update the Graphics Card Driver.

The low FPS issue can also be due to an outdated graphics card driver. Maybe the graphics card driver needs updating. This is how you can update it in Windows 10.

• Open the Win + X menu by pressing the Win key + X hotkey.

• Select Device Manager on the Win + X menu.

• Now click Display adapters on the Device Manager window.

• Right-click the listed graphics card to open the context menu, and select the Update driver option.

• Select the Search automatically for updated driver software option on the Update Drivers window.

• If Windows finds anything, follow the further guidelines to install the driver; and then restart Windows.

Let us know how it turns out.

Jomari Arc, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

FPS stuck at 60 after doing Fresh Start.

1. FPS stuck at 60 after doing Fresh Start. - Similar Threads - FPS stuck doing

2. 60 fps capped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    60 fps capped: ever since i upgraded windows 10 to windows 11 i get 60 fps capped in fullscreen mode but in windowed mode i get 200+ fps also i did everything i can do to remove it but it didn't work i tried:1 disable fullscreen optimzation 2disable v_syncand more of this things i have...
  3. 60 FPS CAP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    60 FPS CAP: Hi so when ever i go into a game my game is capped at 60 FPS even tho i have selected more and my pc is more than capable of running more Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/60-fps-cap/82fa1ade-8376-4b9b-b87d-f751bc700dc6
  4. All games stuck at 60 FPS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All games stuck at 60 FPS: No clue why but all my games are stuck at 60 fps today. Both my displays are set to higher refresh rates and my configuration can run games at high frame rates easily but it’s self capping at 60fps. Uninstalling and reinstalling games and drivers did nothing. Changing display...
  5. All games stuck at 60 FPS

All games stuck at 60 FPS: No clue why but all my games are stuck at 60 fps today. Both my displays are set to higher refresh rates and my configuration can run games at high frame rates easily but it’s self capping at 60fps. Uninstalling and reinstalling games and drivers did nothing. Changing display...
  6. All games are stuck on 60 fps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All games are stuck on 60 fps: Whenever I try to play a game on my laptop, it gets capped to 60 fps. The problem has occurred for both Valorant and Geometry Dash I have FPS counters in both games. V-Sync is off, FPS is uncapped well, capped to 165fps, which shouldn't limit it to 60 fps. Both my laptop's...
  7. All games are stuck on 60 fps

All games are stuck on 60 fps: Whenever I try to play a game on my laptop, it gets capped to 60 fps. The problem has occurred for both Valorant and Geometry Dash I have FPS counters in both games. V-Sync is off, FPS is uncapped well, capped to 165fps, which shouldn't limit it to 60 fps. Both my laptop's...
  8. only 60 fps

only 60 fps: fps are capped at 60 fps only i cant get more that 60 fps i turned off vsync in games and it still is capped at 60 fps on windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-60-fps/e312fb6f-3240-4fd6-8d0b-d415da006c47
  9. FPS stuck at 60 after alt tab nothing helps but restart

FPS stuck at 60 after alt tab nothing helps but restart: Hi.I've been having this issue for such a long time now. It just happened out of a blue after NVIDIA graphics update. Shortly, newest updates are making my games stuck at 60FPS not feeling smooth at all after random alt tab not everytime, but if I do it alot. I searched on...
  10. FPS stuck at 60 after alt tab nothing helps but restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS stuck at 60 after alt tab nothing helps but restart: Hi.I've been having this issue for such a long time now. It just happened out of a blue after NVIDIA graphics update. Shortly, newest updates are making my games stuck at 60FPS not feeling smooth at all after random alt tab not everytime, but if I do it alot. I searched on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 60 fps stuck

2. low fps after fresh reinstall