Windows 10: FPS stuck at 60 after doing Fresh Start.

Discus and support FPS stuck at 60 after doing Fresh Start. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; First of all you shouldn't have such a thing. Secondly all my apps and softwares got uninstalled and now my game which used to give 150-200 fps is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AkshatPandey1, Aug 17, 2018.

1. FPS stuck at 60 after doing Fresh Start.

First of all you shouldn't have such a thing. Secondly all my apps and softwares got uninstalled and now my game which used to give 150-200 fps is stuck on 60 fps. Please help I have my tournament coming.

:)

AkshatPandey1, Aug 17, 2018
  2. WorMeX. Win User

FPS Stuck 60

Hey, after i reinstall my windows i show my games is stucked on 60 fps, i try everything i can but don't work. I want to restore the previous update without windows creators fall update because before reinstall windows my games was work very good. I search
    on the internet about 'Restore Previous' but in my settings this options doesn't appear because at the moment when i install windows, it make auto updates. Please HELP me!

WorMeX., Aug 17, 2018
  3. All games are capped at 60 fps after Windows 10 Update

After the latest windows 10 update. All games seem to be capped at 60 fps when before the update I got well over 80 fps. I DO NOT have vsync enabled nor do I have Game DVR enabled. I looked all over online and have received no help. Any suggestions?

JesusVelarde1, Aug 17, 2018
  4. FPS stuck at 60 after doing Fresh Start.

FPS Stuck 60

Hi,

Corrupted components of your system is one possible reason why you are experiencing FPS drop. Here are methods on how to troubleshoot low FPS on Windows 10:

Method 1: Switch the Game bar off.

The Game bar is switched on by default. First, switch the Game bar off via the Settings app. You can configure the Game bar’s settings as follows.

• First, press the Cortana button and enter ‘settings’ in the search box. Select to open the Settings app.

• Alternatively, you can also press the Win key + I hotkey to open Settings.

• Next, click Gaming to open the options shown in the snapshot directly below.

• Select Game bar on the left of the Settings window.

• Then toggle the Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar setting switch to Off.

• Below that setting there’s a Show game bar when I play full-screen games Microsoft has verified option. Uncheck that option’s check box so that it’s not selected.

Method 2: Switch off Game DVR.

The Game bar includes Game DVR to record video so that you can capture clips of those more exciting gaming moments. Even though you’ve switched the game bar off, Game DVR still remains on. This is how you can disable the Game DVR.

• Open Cortana and enter ‘xbox’ in the search box.

• Select to open the Xbox app.

• Open Settings and then select the Game DVR tab.

• Turn the Take screenshots using Game DVR setting off.

• If switching Game DVR off with Xbox app isn’t enough, you can also disable it via the registry. Press the Win key + R to open Run.

• Enter ‘regedit’ in Run’s text box to open the Registry Editor.

• First, open this registry path in the editor’s window: HKEY_CURRENT_USER > System > GameConfigStore.

• Double-click the GameDVR_Enabled DWORD to open the Edit DWORD window directly below.

• Enter ‘0’ in the Value data text box, and click the OK button.

• Next, browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Policies > Microsoft >Windows in the Registry Editor.

Method 3: Update the Graphics Card Driver.

The low FPS issue can also be due to an outdated graphics card driver. Maybe the graphics card driver needs updating. This is how you can update it in Windows 10.

• Open the Win + X menu by pressing the Win key + X hotkey.

• Select Device Manager on the Win + X menu.

• Now click Display adapters on the Device Manager window.

• Right-click the listed graphics card to open the context menu, and select the Update driver option.

• Select the Search automatically for updated driver software option on the Update Drivers window.

• If Windows finds anything, follow the further guidelines to install the driver; and then restart Windows.

Let us know how it turns out.

Jomari Arc, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

FPS stuck at 60 after doing Fresh Start.

1. FPS stuck at 60 after doing Fresh Start. - Similar Threads - FPS stuck doing

2. YourPhone stuck at 60%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YourPhone stuck at 60%: On my Windows 10 computer OS Build 18363.657, I launched the YourPhone app to see how it works with my phone. I open the YourPhone app and click iOS since I have an iPhone. Then it just sits there at 60% with a message under it. "Please open Microsoft Edge and sign in with...
  3. FPS in some games are being capped at 60 FPS.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FPS in some games are being capped at 60 FPS.: After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I am experiencing annoying thing. My fps are being capped at 60 in some games BUT ONLY IN FULLSCREEN MODE!!! and because of that my mouse movement is much laggier, heavier.. I've turned off VSync , Game DVR, GameMode etc. My...
  4. windows fresh start stuck at 1%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows fresh start stuck at 1%: my pc has been really slow so I'm trying to do a fresh start. its just been stuck on the blue popup saying Refreshing your PC, getting a few things ready and its just been stuck at 1%. how do I fix this and properly fresh start my PC?...
  5. Constant stuttering and fps drops after fresh installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant stuttering and fps drops after fresh installation: I had a long running problem where whenever playing a certain game for longer than an hour 2, id blue screen with various error messages including but not limited to: kernel_mode_heap_corruption and Kernel_security_check_failure. I reinstalled windows and updated my drivers...
  6. Fresh Start stuck in the middle or failed??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Start stuck in the middle or failed??: Tried to the "Fresh Start" on a Lenovo IdeaPad, Flex 4 running x86. I haven't really used PCs in 5 years so I'm a little out of it, but the instructions said files would be kept and didn't say anything about exporting the actual Windows program files to an external disk for...
  7. Most Fullscreen Games Capped at 60 FPS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Most Fullscreen Games Capped at 60 FPS: Hi, The problem is that If the game is in windowed mode, it reaches 144 fps, but in fullscreen it can't get over 60 fps. - Not due to a hardware limit - Any fps limit disabled in games. - V-sync disabled in games and in nvidia control panel. - Re-installed graphics...
  8. All games are capped at 60 fps after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All games are capped at 60 fps after Windows 10 Update: After the latest windows 10 update. All games seem to be capped at 60 fps when before the update I got well over 80 fps. I DO NOT have vsync enabled nor do I have Game DVR enabled. I looked all over online and have received no help. Any suggestions?...
  9. Game FPS capped at 60

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game FPS capped at 60: So I'm pretty sure this started happening after the Creator's update. I can't get more than 60 FPS in the games I play (League of Legends, Overwatch). Before I was constantly getting 100+. VSync is off, frame limit is uncapped in both game. Using latest NVidia drivers,...
  10. Win10 Creator update 60-30 FPS

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Creator update 60-30 FPS: 2 days ago i updated to creator..had to update video drivers,but since then in mostly all games i get that fps drops to 30 for like 10 seconds and goes back to 60..that comes and goes...VERY annoying disabled any win10 "gaming" bull* "Disable fullscreen optimizations"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 60 fps stuck

2. low fps after fresh reinstall