Windows 10: Fps Stuttering/Frame Skipping in Games

Discus and support Fps Stuttering/Frame Skipping in Games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HELLO I've been getting the fps stuttering/frame skipping in all the games I play Rainbow Siege Siege, Apex Legends, CSGO, PUBG. I get just a bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RoyLi1, Feb 14, 2019.

1. RoyLi1 Win User

Fps Stuttering/Frame Skipping in Games

HELLO

I've been getting the fps stuttering/frame skipping in all the games I play Rainbow Siege Siege, Apex Legends, CSGO, PUBG. I get just a bit over 60 fps in all those games but the stuttering and frame skipping makes it feel like I'm getting 20. I get about 60-75 degrees on the GPU and CPU when gaming. It happens every time. i have a laptop with:

MSI GE40 2QD
    Windows 10Home 64bit

Nvidia GTX 950M 2GB
    8GB RAM
    I7 4712MQ 2.30Ghz-3.30Ghz

1T HDD / 128GB SSD

The solutions that I've tried to fix but didn't work:

High performance in Power Options

Maximum performance in Nvidia control panel

Running the games on high priority

Disabling Game DVR

CCleaner

Deleting temps

Overclocking

Limiting the minimum and maximum processor state in power options.

If you have any questions or solutions please respond. THX

:)

RoyLi1, Feb 14, 2019

2. Gaming FPS Drop/Stutter after recent Windows 10 update.

After this new years update, I noticed that my games have been getting frame drops and stuttering. I have a NVIDIA GEforce 1070 and I was able to run games such as CS:GO or League of Legends smoothly before the new year. However, after the recent Windows
    10 update, my computer can't handle the games well. For example, League of Legends ran at 144 fps (I capped it there) and constantly ran at 144 fps before the new year. However, after the new year update, my League fails to consistently run 144 fps, drops
    down to even 90 sometimes, and there is a lot of frame stuttering that is inhibiting my ability to play the game. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

PenguinYuki, Feb 14, 2019
  3. High end build, stuttering in every game

Capping the frame rate to 60hz and playing it at 72hz with vsync enabled shoudl reduce the stuttering but there's some games having troubles with 144hz vsync actually, I'm still investigating if this is a problem of my hardware or a problem of the games.

djanthony93, Feb 14, 2019
  4. BossDweeb Win User

FPS STUTTER

COD4 = COD4-MW , yes ? (vs COD-BOps 4)

"updated NVIDIA drivers, but for nothing."

- In regard to COD4-MW it would have been for nothing as
    the game is too old to benefit from any recent driver optimisations

(they popped out another update on the 11th as well).

- Stutter has been an issue for years, and is not related to Win10. Some people are more sensitive to stutter as well.

It has, in part, to do with getting the correct balance between the frame rates the game is running at, and your monitors refresh rate.

A neither world between lag and smooth running.

Some games seem to be more prone to stutter, and because most fps players run and pan constantly (especially online) they are

more likely to have a problem with stutter, as this makes the game load objects/scenery more than if moving and panning more slowly.

Outdoor areas are generally more impacted by stutter for this reason.

Using V-sync can either help or exacerbate the issue. Again it depends on the game, so you need to experiment.

You also have to experiment with things such as lowering the games graphics settings. Sometimes a particular setting which

is not as well optimised for the game as it could have been (which can cause fps drops) will contribute to stutter.

eg - MSAA over 2x can have a big impact on performance. Some games more than others.

- A monitor with a 120+ refresh rate can also help. Partly because you can disable V-sync without causing screen tearing while

running higher frame rates.

- Your 2.2GHz cpu may also be a just bit underwhelming. COD4 has a minimum cpu requirement of 2.4GHz.

Note too that some games don't play well with Hyper-threading enabled, so you may want to experiment with disabling that,

if you have it enabled.

If the cpu use is not approaching 100% use the clock speed it is not so likely to be contributing to the stutter though.

- Then we come to other less obvious issues such as
    other software you may have running that may conflict, or use system resources.

Particularly things that interact with the game such as Skype and other COM programs, or using things such as DVR to make

a video of your game.

- Further to that, a search for COD4 stutter problems at one of the dedicated COD forums, or Steam, should come up with some

fixes that may work for the game in question. Fixes that worked with Win7 should also apply to Win10.

BossDweeb, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Fps Stuttering/Frame Skipping in Games - Similar Threads - Fps Stuttering Frame

2. Fps drops and Stuttering on all games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drops and Stuttering on all games: Pc specs: Ryzen 7 7800x3d RTX 4070 superMag b650 Tomahawk wifiSamsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB 32gb ram Corsair Rm850 gold plusI updated all bios and drivers. Reinstalled them as well. Did a full Windows reinstall. Temps are below 80 degrees Celsius for both CPU and GPU. Usage...
  3. Fps drops and Stuttering on all games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drops and Stuttering on all games: Pc specs: Ryzen 7 7800x3d RTX 4070 superMag b650 Tomahawk wifiSamsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB 32gb ram Corsair Rm850 gold plusI updated all bios and drivers. Reinstalled them as well. Did a full Windows reinstall. Temps are below 80 degrees Celsius for both CPU and GPU. Usage...
  4. Whole OS stutters/frame skips on new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whole OS stutters/frame skips on new PC: Hello,I have a relatively new computer:Windows 11 ver. 10.0.22621RTX 4070 16GB of RAM 2x DDR4AMD Ryzen 5 5600XRecently I have had weird issues on windows I also get constant stutters not matter which or how many apps are open. By stutters I mean that it almost seem like the...
  5. Whole OS stutters/frame skips on new PC

Whole OS stutters/frame skips on new PC: Hello,I have a relatively new computer:Windows 11 ver. 10.0.22621RTX 4070 16GB of RAM 2x DDR4AMD Ryzen 5 5600XRecently I have had weird issues on windows I also get constant stutters not matter which or how many apps are open. By stutters I mean that it almost seem like the...
  6. FPS stutters in every game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS stutters in every game: I have rebooted my whole System/Windows completely and also completely formatted all my hard drives with [diskpart > clean all]. Now I noticed that I have random fps stutters in games. Such problems like that I never had before, everything ran super smooth. Does anyone have...
  7. FPS stutters in every game

FPS stutters in every game: I have rebooted my whole System/Windows completely and also completely formatted all my hard drives with [diskpart > clean all]. Now I noticed that I have random fps stutters in games. Such problems like that I never had before, everything ran super smooth. Does anyone have...
  8. Game frames and audio in game stutter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game frames and audio in game stutter: Recently did a fresh reset of windows several times and once from my recovery usb now my games audio will stutter which causes the games frames to stutter. This is not a hardware issue as the games themself don't consume much resources. Neither is this a driver version issue....
  9. Videos in all browsers skipping frames / stuttering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Videos in all browsers skipping frames / stuttering: I have ryzen 2700x and rtx2060, W10 1909 with latest updates, latest driver/bios, have tried a lot of fixes and none have worked. Videos in browsers skip frames, including in firefox, chrome, brave, opera, edge, ie, etc. The stutter is pretty bad, tons of skipped frames,...
  10. FPS STUTTER

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FPS STUTTER: So, i have got a completely brand new Laptop and i was trying to run some Cod4 to play with my friends where i encountered a thing called stutter, updated NVIDIA drivers, but for nothing. Also its not overheating problems and exc, the gpu, cpu are not Overheating. Need Help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. league of legends frame skipping

2. pc skipping frames in online games

3. frame skipping in games

4. csgo stuttering,
  5. csgo frame skipping stuttering,
  6. frame skipping in windows,
  7. frame skipping ,
  8. apex legends skipping frames,
  9. steam games frame skipping