Windows 10: Framework 4.6.2 required but not available in the Visual Studio

Discus and support Framework 4.6.2 required but not available in the Visual Studio in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need to create a create a custom workflow which is a DLL for CRM365 platform, on premise. The CRM installation we use requires that the DLL be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrownBlitz, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Framework 4.6.2 required but not available in the Visual Studio

I need to create a create a custom workflow which is a DLL for CRM365 platform, on premise.

The CRM installation we use requires that the DLL be compiled with .Net Framework 4.6.2 which is not available in the list the Visual Studio provides in the Project Properties.

I've decided to install it separately but the Microsoft installer refuses the installation because it sees other higher versions of the Framework being in the system. It just does not like 4.6.2 running side by side to the other newer versions. It looks to be a special case because I can see 4.6.1 being available.

I cannot update the CRM365 Framework without running high risks, that is done only through Microsoft Service Packs for CRM365.

So I am kind of stuck and looking for a solution.

One would be to reset one machine and update the system up to 4.6.2 and eventually install an older version of the Visual Studio but I found this as a last resort and stupid. It must be a way to compile against the 4.6.2.

Thank you.

:)

BrownBlitz, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Framework 4.6.2 required but not available in the Visual Studio

1. Framework 4.6.2 required but not available in the Visual Studio - Similar Threads - Framework required available

2. Visual Studio & .Net Framework on Windows ARM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio & .Net Framework on Windows ARM: Is it possible to use Visual Studio to create Windows Forms Applications so using the .Net Framework on Windows ARM?This is kind of urgent....Thank you in advance for any help!...
  3. Visual Studio & .Net Framework on Windows ARM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Studio & .Net Framework on Windows ARM: Is it possible to use Visual Studio to create Windows Forms Applications so using the .Net Framework on Windows ARM?This is kind of urgent....Thank you in advance for any help!...
  4. Visual Studio (.NET Framework)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Visual Studio (.NET Framework): I have the latest Framework 48 installed (along with the 48 runtime) on my Windows 10 desktop. Running Visual Studio 2017 Community. When I select a NEW PROJECT and specify (.NET Framework) -- I get a dialog box which reads: THIS TEMPLATE IS NOT PRESENT ON THE...
  5. Visual Studio 2019 version 16.1 Preview 2 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio 2019 version 16.1 Preview 2 now available: The second preview of Visual Studio 2019 version 16.1 is now available. You can download it from VisualStudio.com, or, if you already have installed Preview, just click the notification bell inside Visual Studio to update. This latest preview contains additional performance...
  6. Windows Update - Visual Studio requirement

Windows Update - Visual Studio requirement: I have used Windows10 update assistant 3 times now and Visual Studio still tell me to update to version 10.0.17763.0 or later. What's going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-visual-studio-requirement/d8cd75e3-a0aa-4fbe-a721-6cfda85ee90c
  7. Unable to install visual studio, required .net framework.

Unable to install visual studio, required .net framework.: I'm trying to install visual studio community 2015, however it has an error '.net framework required for setup'. Tried installing .net framework 4.5 but it is stated that 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is already a part of this operating system. You do not need to install the...
  8. Visual Studio 2017 version 15.6 Preview 2 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio 2017 version 15.6 Preview 2 now available: In this article, you will find information regarding the current Preview release for Visual Studio 2017. Click the button to download the latest preview release. [img] [img] Note This release is not "go-live" and not intended for use on production computers or...
  9. Visual Studio Modeling SDK is now available with Visual Studio 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio Modeling SDK is now available with Visual Studio 2017: You might want to use the Visual Studio Modeling SDK if you have one of these requirements: Create Graphical or Form-Based modeling designers. For these, you can use the DSL Tools Enable transformation of T4 templates part of the build. For these you can use the T4 SDK...
  10. Visual Studio 2017 is Now Available

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio 2017 is Now Available: Visual Studio 2017 is here! Celebrate 20 years of Visual Studio with fellow developers in your area, join us on Twitter, and download Visual Studio 2017 now. Don’t forget to sign up for tomorrow’s full day of free training at Microsoft Virtual Academy on Wednesday, March 8....