Windows 10: Fraud Alert

Discus and support Fraud Alert in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Victim of Fraud here.... computer popped up warning from Microsoft beeping and voice command to call the 1-877 number. Looked legit, called sounded... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by charlettekradovill, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Fraud Alert

Victim of Fraud here.... computer popped up warning from Microsoft beeping and voice command to call the 1-877 number. Looked legit, called sounded legit. Long story short they got my information. No money exchanged, called my credit card company cancelled card and informed all my other financial interests. But now will probably be a victim of identity fraud. Police were notified. I did get suspicious and video recorded what they were doing and saying to me. This is ridiculous how many scams are out there. Get a new system for detection before everyone goes back to the old days when everything was done on paper, seems safer now.

:)

charlettekradovill, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Billy Med Win User

Emergency Alerts

Hi Stephanie,

Just to confirm, is this the same thing that you tried on your phone, in order to turn off Amber Alerts?

• Open Settings.
    • Tap on System.
    • Tap on Messaging.
    • Tap on the Change emergency alert settings link.
    • Turn on or off the emergency alerts you want.

Let us know if this was the same thing that you tried.

We would also suggest to reset your phone after doing these steps to ensure that the changes on your phone's settings will be refreshed.

Simply press and hold the Power and Volume down button for 15 seconds and then release your hold afterwards.

Billy Med, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Darkleoco Win User
    Fraud involving a video game distributor?

I wasn't sent any kind of fraud alert and visiting my bank twice resulted in no mention of fraud other than charging them with fraudulently taking payment.

Darkleoco, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Fraud Alert

e mail alerts

Hello,

Try these steps:

To turn on and turn off email notifications, follow these steps:

• From the Start screen, touch the screen and slide left.
    • Scroll to and tap Settings.
    • Tap ringtones+sounds.
    • Tap manage app sounds.
    • Tap the email account.
    • Tap the Notification sound field.
    • Select the desired alert option.

Smittychat., Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Fraud Alert

1. Fraud Alert - Similar Threads - Fraud Alert

2. I received an email stating there was a a fraud alert-what should be done I don’t want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I received an email stating there was a a fraud alert-what should be done I don’t want to...: I received an email stating there was a a fraud alert-what should be done I don’t want to hit any links https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-an-email-stating-there-was-a-a-fraud/7168827f-5690-43f3-8988-f1d8f6b32bd6
  3. I received an email stating there was a a fraud alert-what should be done I don’t want to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I received an email stating there was a a fraud alert-what should be done I don’t want to...: I received an email stating there was a a fraud alert-what should be done I don’t want to hit any links https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-an-email-stating-there-was-a-a-fraud/7168827f-5690-43f3-8988-f1d8f6b32bd6
  4. I received an email stating there was a a fraud alert-what should be done I don’t want to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Is this fraud alert telephone number 1-855-379-8100 valid? My other laptop was shut down...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this fraud alert telephone number 1-855-379-8100 valid? My other laptop was shut down...: I received a fraud alert and this number was reported to be a microsoft number: 1-855-379-8100. Is it a real microsoft number or a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-fraud-alert-telephone-number-1-855-379/1dad537d-6d9e-48bb-a57d-f75bd41d4e7e
  6. Is this fraud alert telephone number 1-855-379-8100 valid? My other laptop was shut down...

Is this fraud alert telephone number 1-855-379-8100 valid? My other laptop was shut down...: I received a fraud alert and this number was reported to be a microsoft number: 1-855-379-8100. Is it a real microsoft number or a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-fraud-alert-telephone-number-1-855-379/1dad537d-6d9e-48bb-a57d-f75bd41d4e7e
  7. Fraud alert - DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY EMAILS IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ON THIS SITE. Scammed me.

Fraud alert - DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY EMAILS IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ON THIS SITE. Scammed me.: Microsoft Community (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***)To:you Details [ATTACH] Microsoft Community Your question has a reply Hi Anne Marie Kearns, Tim Lar5 has replied to your question WIndows Photo Gallery in Microsoft Community. Thank You For Posting in...
  8. [Duplicate. Deleted.] Fraud alert - asked a question on this board about Windows Gallery...

[Duplicate. Deleted.] Fraud alert - asked a question on this board about Windows Gallery...: Microsoft Community (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***)To:you Details [ATTACH] Microsoft Community Your question has a reply Hi Anne Marie Kearns, Tim Lar5 has replied to your question WIndows Photo Gallery in Microsoft Community. Thank You For Posting in...
  9. Fraud alert - DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY EMAILS IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ON THIS SITE. Scammed me.

Fraud alert - DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY EMAILS IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ON THIS SITE. Scammed me.: Microsoft Community (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***)To:you Details [ATTACH] Microsoft Community Your question has a reply Hi Anne Marie Kearns, Tim Lar5 has replied to your question WIndows Photo Gallery in Microsoft Community. Thank You For Posting in...
  10. Fraud alert - asked a question on this board about Windows Gallery and received below...

Fraud alert - asked a question on this board about Windows Gallery and received below...: Microsoft Community (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***)To:you Details [ATTACH] Microsoft Community Your question has a reply Hi Anne Marie Kearns, Tim Lar5 has replied to your question WIndows Photo Gallery in Microsoft Community. Thank You For Posting in...