Windows 10: Fraud/Scam e-mail on Windows Defender Subscription

Discus and support Fraud/Scam e-mail on Windows Defender Subscription in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, Please advise as it seems I have received a spam e-mail confirming completion of one year subscription of Windows Defender Team. QTE... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GoldyR, Nov 23, 2020.

1. GoldyR Win User

Fraud/Scam e-mail on Windows Defender Subscription

Hi all,

Please advise as it seems I have received a spam e-mail confirming completion of one year subscription of Windows Defender Team.

QTE

From: Rose Eliot Rose Eliot <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>
    Sent: 23 November 2020 10:14
    Subject: Invoice Paid

Thank You On The Completion

We thank you on the completion of your 1 year

Windows Defender Protection Plan 24/7 Technical Support

We have charged you $399 for the 12 months of subscription from your account.

We tried to contact you on your registered number for queries but could not get through.

Deduction of Amount will appear on your account within 24 hours.

if you have any question or wish to cancel the renewal

Please contact us on +44 800 917 5611 TOLL-FREE NUMBER within two working days

Thank You

Melissa from Antivirus Help

Windows Defender Team

HELPLINE NUMBER - +44 800 917 5611

Need Some Help? Feel free to contact us.

Helpline Number+44 800 917 5611

Window Defender Team

Thank you

UNQTE

I had never subscribed to this which I understand is free.....but wondering if my account has been compromised or my PC?

Any advise will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Goldy

:)

GoldyR, Nov 23, 2020
  2. Newegg Win User

NewEgg Scam E-Mails

Newegg.com just became aware of a phishing e-mail scam disguised as an order confirmation e-mail. Newegg takes the security of customer information extremely seriously and wants to assure you these phishing e-mails are in no way affiliated with or originating from Newegg. We have taken immediate steps to verify no customer data has been breached and to inform the proper authorities. Rest assured your information is safe with us.

If you have received a suspect email, we strongly advise that you DO NOT respond, download or click any of the links on the e-mail. Please refer to our FAQ page for tips on how to identify and protect yourself against such attacks in the future:

Should you have any further questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact me at L: Maverick.B.Iniguez@newegg.com or call me at 1800-390-1119 ext 25062.

Thank you.

Newegg.com

Newegg, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    NewEgg Scam E-Mails

A couple of people here at work received e-mails "from" NewEgg saying that their order had been successfully charged to their Visa card.

These are not originating from NewEgg. It's some kind of scam, but the e-mails look exactly like a NewEgg order confirmation.

Just a heads-up, as a lot of us use the 'Egg to get our parts.

Kreij, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Fraud/Scam e-mail on Windows Defender Subscription

quietman7 - MVP, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Fraud/Scam e-mail on Windows Defender Subscription

1. Fraud/Scam e-mail on Windows Defender Subscription - Similar Threads - Fraud Scam mail

2. Scam e mails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scam e mails: Ive received an e mail from this address Mail Admin <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> requesting I validate my hotmail account otherwise it will be shut down. Im assuming this is a scam but how do i report this as Ive had a few scam e mails in particular a...
  3. Scam e mails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scam e mails: Ive received an e mail from this address Mail Admin <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> requesting I validate my hotmail account otherwise it will be shut down. Im assuming this is a scam but how do i report this as Ive had a few scam e mails in particular a...
  4. Scam e mails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows defender subscription renewal scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender subscription renewal scam: I unfortunately called the number saying that my windows defender is being renewed and I will be charged for $399. I stupidly give access to my PC and bank account on my laptop. I turne it off when I realized it is a scams. Called my bank and blocked my account. How safe is...
  6. Windows defender subscription renewal scam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender subscription renewal scam: I unfortunately called the number saying that my windows defender is being renewed and I will be charged for $399. I stupidly give access to my PC and bank account on my laptop. I turne it off when I realized it is a scams. Called my bank and blocked my account. How safe is...
  7. Windows Defender subscription renewal scam

Windows Defender subscription renewal scam: I stupidly called the number on the email stating that my Windows Defender subscription was renewed and $399.00 would be charged. And to add insult to injury, I followed their every request to open a website where they had control of my laptop and even had me login to my...
  8. Scam E-mail?

Scam E-mail?: I received an e-mail saying it is my last notice before incoming messages will no longer be processed due to me failing to "verify my account". See below. Is this a scam/phishing attempt? Thanks for any help. [ATTACH]...
  9. e-mail scam

e-mail scam: I just need an e-mail address so I can send the scam mail I get. I'm sure Microsoft would like to know whos trying to bug there clients. This way when I get a bad e-mail I can forward to MSN for you to take whatever action you need to take to eradicate these crooks. An...
  10. Fraud scam

Fraud scam: During a support session, there was a response that said "this person is not from microsoft". Click here if they say they are from microsoft. Then was sent to the following page which I'm not sure was from microsoft. Was I really talking to "Microsoft support" or a fake...