Windows 10: Fraud telephone calls from Microsoft

Discus and support Fraud telephone calls from Microsoft in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Received a phone call from a person stating he was from Microsoft Refund Department and I needed to be in front of my computer or laptop and he would... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ReeseRussell1, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Fraud telephone calls from Microsoft

Received a phone call from a person stating he was from Microsoft Refund Department and I needed to be in front of my computer or laptop and he would walk me through how to get my $249.95 refund either by check, credit card department, or directly to my checking account. When I asked him what the refund was for, he said for unused technical support for Windows Operating System. So far I have had 4 phone calls from two different numbers in two different states, same person. Cannot call Windows customer service, just a recordings and they disconnect you. Has anyone else received these calls?

:)

ReeseRussell1, Jul 17, 2020

2. Telephone call from Microsoft

These scams happen world-wide 1,000s of times a day and have been for many years.

A lot of the time phone numbers are "spoofed" to appear to be calling from a local area, when in fact they are calling from countries which are outside western law enforcement jurisdiction.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

It is a Scam.

Microsoft will never contact you with cold-calls, popups, etc.

This is the advice given to anyone who has any phone calls, etc. like this about Malware, License Expiry, Refunds, etc..

And your machine does not send out messages to anyone saying that it has problems or is infected with Malware, etc.

We all have errors and warnings in our event viewer, which is another ploy they use to scare you

These so-called "Microsoft" Tech Companies either want to sell you worthless software, or gain Remote Access to your Computer to try and steal your Banking and Credit Card details and to also carry out an Identity Theft on you.

You are the only one who knows if you have given them Remote Access.

If you have given them Remote Access and if you do Internet Banking, contact your Bank, explain it to them and change Passwords.

If you use your Credit Card online, cancel it and get a new one issued to you.

And the only way that you willl know that you are free of them is to save your Data and do a clean install of your Operating System.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

And Microsoft does not contact you, unless YOU have made prior arrangements with them to do so.

There is a section in the link I am supplying you about this at the end of it

Read this Microsoft Information:

Protect yourself from tech support scams:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4013405/windows-protect-from-tech-support-scams

"Avoid tech support phone scams"

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/avoid-phone-scams.aspx

Do not trust unsolicited calls. Do not provide any personal information.

Here are some of the organizations that cybercriminals claim to be from:

• Windows Helpdesk
    • Windows Service Center
    • Microsoft Tech Support
    • Microsoft Support
    • Windows Technical Department Support Group
    • Microsoft Research and Development Team (Microsoft R & D Team)
    Report phone scams

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Bastet Win User
    Bogus "Microsoft" Telephone calls

Regularly we receive calls purporting to be from British Telecom (we’re not customers), Windows technical department or Microsoft technical department - scammers the lot of ‘em.
    In the UK there’s the Telephone Preference Service but it’ll not stop international scam calls.

Bastet, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Fraud telephone calls from Microsoft

Bogus "Microsoft" Telephone calls

We are regularly getting telephone calls from people saying they are from Microsoft and that there is a problems with our computers I know this is a con and tell them to get stuffed my sister in law was conned by them and lost £5000.I know that most people on this site will know it is a con but millions of other users do not and this is a world wide problem could not Microsoft put on their websites and communications with customers that they do not phone people saying they have problems the banks and other large organisations do it. If anyone on this site has any influence with Microsoft could they bring this problem to their attention

lawnmower74, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Fraud telephone calls from Microsoft

1. Fraud telephone calls from Microsoft - Similar Threads - Fraud telephone calls

2. Telephone Call from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Telephone Call from Microsoft: I received a telephone call from 1-913-348-7459 this morning from a technician from Microsoft--supposedly. The tech had a foreign accent and said my computer was sending Microsoft information from my computer, but he did not tell me it was from my laptop or desktop. He...
  3. Telephone Call . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Telephone Call . . .: I want to be able, to make a phone number, using my computer, speakers and microphone. If it works, I want to call 816 ***-****. 536-2203 That way . . . I can talk to my wife "Dana" Thanks for reading . . . Jerry If, I install Skype . . . You have to pay for it's...
  4. Telephone Call . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Telephone Call . . .: I'm living in a retirement home. But, I have no access to a telephone. Would it be possible, to make a phone call? Using my, computer speakers & mic? Would it, be a free app? How do I, dial etc. Please explain everything. Thanks for reading . . . Jerry...
  5. Telephone call from some saying they are from Microsft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Telephone call from some saying they are from Microsft: I have just had a call from a guy claiming to be from Microsoft saying I have problems with my computer. He is saying that my computer is open to hackers gaining access to my personal information and that he would talk me through sorting it out. There was no way I was going...
  6. telephone calls on renewing

telephone calls on renewing: Getting calls from a woman stating that my microsoft windows will expire today if I do not call 860-503-8831 immediately https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/telephone-calls-on-renewing/d00eb4f4-ec1e-46e1-bb3e-ea94402cf06f"
  7. Telephone calls identifying themselves as with Microsoft

Telephone calls identifying themselves as with Microsoft: Hi, My mother is getting numerous calls from people who identify themselves as representatives of Microsoft. Our question is: Are these calls coming from you company? They claim unauthorized people are using her laptop. Mom wants the calls stopped. First she said it is...
  8. FRAUD PHONE CALL!!!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FRAUD PHONE CALL!!!!!: I just thought I would let the community know that I got a phone call this morning telling me that my computer is in security breach and to contact Microsoft before using my laptop. I've been had before by a message like this right on my laptop, I called and inadvertently let...
  9. Bogus "Microsoft" Telephone calls

Bogus "Microsoft" Telephone calls: We are regularly getting telephone calls from people saying they are from Microsoft and that there is a problems with our computers I know this is a con and tell them to get stuffed my sister in law was conned by them and lost £5000.I know that most people on this site will...
  10. Telephone calls

Telephone calls: We are regularly getting telephone calls from people saying they are from Microsoft and that there is a problems with our computers I know this is a con and tell them to get stuffed my sister in law was conned by them and lost £5000.I know that most people on this site will...