Windows 10: FREAK: Another day, another serious SSL security hole

Discus and support FREAK: Another day, another serious SSL security hole in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It seemed like such a good idea in the early 90s. Secure-Socket Layer (SSL) encryption was brand new and the National Security Agency (NSA) wanted to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Mar 3, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

FREAK: Another day, another serious SSL security hole

Source

labeeman, Mar 3, 2015
  2. LEE
    Lee Win User

. . .where did it bite us. . .I am wondering because I didn't feel a thing.

:)

3. Paola Gar Win User
    Yet another Adobe Flash security hole that needs patching. Win10

Hi,

Which browser are you using? If you're using Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome, Adobe Flash Player installed with Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 10 and 8.1 will be automatically updated to the latest version, which will include Adobe
    Flash Player 23.0.0.205. But if you're using other browsers, you have to manually update Adobe Flash Player.

Keep us posted.

Paola Gar, Mar 3, 2015
  4. Taffy087 Win User

Yet another Adobe Flash security hole that needs patching. Win10

FWIW, there's an interesting thread on this subject
    in this Norton Forum thread.
    As well as giving details of different versions of the update that are available, one member had reported CompuServe as saying the update is 'horrible'!

Taffy087, Mar 3, 2015
Thema:

1. FREAK: Another day, another serious SSL security hole - Similar Threads - FREAK Another another

2. Microsoft Account Security Hole

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Security Hole: I was getting a lot of "Single use code" emails saying:We received your request for a single-use code to use with your Microsoft account.etc.So as it was linked to an old email address I decide to update my email address.on my microsoft account.I do this and I get a verify...
  3. Microsoft Account Security Hole

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account Security Hole: I was getting a lot of "Single use code" emails saying:We received your request for a single-use code to use with your Microsoft account.etc.So as it was linked to an old email address I decide to update my email address.on my microsoft account.I do this and I get a verify...
  4. Microsoft Account Security Hole

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Another security update install error 0x80070643?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Another security update install error 0x80070643?: Anyone experiencing another security update install error 0x80070643? I've experienced this last month of January. I tried the sfc and dism on cmd and even tried restarting my windows update on services.msc but nothing worked. I ignored it anyway, thinking that it might be on...
  6. Another update sent from microsoft, another day of trying to get my computer working with...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Another update sent from microsoft, another day of trying to get my computer working with...: Here we go again! I receive another forced update sent from Microsoft now my computer ****p, mouse not working properly, visual distortions in display, etc. I tried to roll back the update and now the work files are missing that I need. The big question is, how do I stop the...
  7. Another day, another Stop Code

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Another day, another Stop Code: BSOD's everyday either in Chrome or Rise of the Tomb Raider. Not sure what part is causing the problem. Removing the 780 Ti GFX card still repro's the problem. Ran Windows 10 memory tester once, no problems. My build: cpu: i7-6700K gpu: asus GTX 780 Ti ram: 2x4GB...
  8. Another Update Another Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Another Update Another Problem: Really getting tired of this OS. Second time this happened. 1 >Default browser went back to IE. 2 >Settings opens Control Panel 3 >Programs that should appear on Task bar DON'T 4 >More that I didn't write down 1 > Ran sfc /scannow TWICE nothing 2 > This one is great...
  9. LastPass is scrambling to fix another serious vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    LastPass is scrambling to fix another serious vulnerability: The flaw could allow for remote code execution or password theft. For the second time in two weeks developers of the popular LastPass password manager are working to fix a serious vulnerability that could allow malicious websites to steal user passwords or infect computers...
  10. Microsoft reveals Windows vulnerable to FREAK SSL flaw

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals Windows vulnerable to FREAK SSL flaw: The FREAK security bug that allows attackers to conduct man-in-the-middle attacks on Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) connections encrypted using an outmoded cipher has claimed another victim. This time, it is Microsoft's Secure Channel stack....