Windows 10: Freaky Connection Problem

Discus and support Freaky Connection Problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Having trouble getting wifi from my comcast router. - on PC wifi, it says connected to router, but under IPv4Connectivity, "no internet access"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimlau, Feb 10, 2017.

1. jimlau Win User

Freaky Connection Problem

Having trouble getting wifi from my comcast router.

- on PC wifi, it says connected to router, but under IPv4Connectivity, "no internet access"
    IPv6Connectivity, it says "internet"; oddly, some sites work (facebook, gmail) even when it says IPv4 has no internet access. but most sites don't.

- on Ipod, connection works and have internet.

- on PC, the free hotspot xfinity connection works.

I made the setting to automatically get IP address. Tried rebooting.

Any ideas how to get the internet? I could get it on my PC with my first router. Same PC, wifi adapter, and all settings.

Thanks.

:)

jimlau, Feb 10, 2017

2. N95 trouble..

freaky firmware.....

darkmax---01, Feb 10, 2017
  3. Nokia n95 zoom/volume keys not working

freaky my increase button broke 2day too

irishpal25---01, Feb 10, 2017
  4. bookfox Win User

Had that happen to someone last week. I reinstalled the wifi card, ipconfig, etc - no change. Came across a post saying to reset winsock, and sure enough that fixed it. Might work for you too. Open elevated command prompt, type 'netsh winsock reset' (without the apostrophes) and reboot.

bookfox, Feb 10, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    Sounds like IPv4 is disabled or on manual is why it is trying to get a IPv6 IP.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Freaky Connection Problem - Similar Threads - Freaky Connection Problem

2. connecting problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    connecting problems: Hello to reader.I have been trying to log in for a while now.when I'm trying to log in for the family settings, I can't log in for internet problems.all inspections made by the system are not finding a problem, only with excess to the site itself.I would like my kid to be...
  3. connection problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connection problems: hello I have a connection problem, there was error 45 on the microsoft wifi direct adapter and Ralink Rt5390r drivers so I uninstalled them and now I see them no longer on "device hide"and now i want to bring them back but i don't know how help me my laptop is windows 10 HP...
  4. Connection Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connection Problem: I recently had a different issue with my minecraft server that I host using port but I fixed my issue but one of the methods I tried was me going into command prompt and using these commands.ipconfig/flushdns ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew ipconfig/registerdnsAnd since doing...
  5. Problem with connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with connection: My Dell Inspiron 15, 5000 series, is having problems with connecting to networks. I have been using it to share my home wifi connection to my phone, using the mobile hotspot feature, as the connection to the home router can be a bit shaky from my room. The router had to be...
  6. Connection problems

Connection problems: I am using an app called Lockbox Pro. It has worked just fine for several years until i upgraded to Windows10. Now it will not connect my computer to the app through a wireless connection. When i put in the url address of http://10.254.254.254:88 it will not connect. This...
  7. Connectivity problems

Connectivity problems: After a while the good old connectivity issues are back again. Instead of the normal Internet there is either NoNet timeouts, reset or closed connections or SlowNet takes forever to connect. Also, some pages I know for years suddenly are reported ''insecure''....
  8. FREAKY WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FREAKY WINDOWS 10: Dear Windows 10 Community I have been at war with my laptop for about the last 8 months. Since about a month after upgrading to Windows 10. My laptop started doing so many differant malicious destructive things to itself that I feared I was going to need a Priest to perform a...
  9. Problem with connection

Problem with connection: Split from this thread. i have seriously problem with conection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-connection/162ff5a2-3847-480c-a43a-7d33b05a7b53
  10. problems connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    problems connection: I have problems to connect to my Wi-Fi network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-connection/4e2367d5-f1ea-412d-8283-171326254eeb