Windows 10: Free 2015 upgrade to Windows 10 expired?

Discus and support Free 2015 upgrade to Windows 10 expired? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; (Unfortunately), I took advantage of the free Windows 10 upgrade in 2015 and it's not been a rewarding relationship, not least because it seemed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SimpleSimone, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Free 2015 upgrade to Windows 10 expired?

(Unfortunately), I took advantage of the free Windows 10 upgrade in 2015 and it's not been a rewarding relationship, not least because it seemed to offer me less functionality and it turned out to be incompatible with my HP printer! I am now getting constant messages that my subscription has expired. I can't remember ever getting a digital licence and wonder if someone can tell me how I would have received that. I was happily using 8.1. and if there is any way to revert back to it is and if there is anyone who can explain in simple speak how to do that I would be very grateful.

:)

SimpleSimone, Apr 1, 2019
  2. Kronvict Win User

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

It seems there's still confusion. It is very clear from this post "http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/01/21/the-next-generation-of-windows-windows-10/" that for the first year it's available, you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free if you have Windows 7 or 8. You will not pay for it. After that year is up, nothing will happen to your Windows 10 license. If you do not upgrade within that year, however, you will have to pay for an upgrade. The offer expires after a year, not the upgrade.

Kronvict, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 1, 2019
  4. Free 2015 upgrade to Windows 10 expired?

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Free 2015 upgrade to Windows 10 expired?

1. Free 2015 upgrade to Windows 10 expired? - Similar Threads - Free 2015 upgrade

2. Free Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free Windows 10 upgrade: Device name DESKTOP-BJ4Q8SL Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB Device ID 91F58026-B03B-45C3-AAAC-D47A26CECD54 Product ID 00330-50000-00000-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch...
  3. Upgrade free to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade free to windows 10: Whats better from windows 7 or 8 ? I have licences for both but didnt want to purchase a furthur third. 160219
  4. windows 10 free upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 free upgrade: I did the windows 10 upgrade from windows 8.1 and I cant get it activated due to product key or digital license i dont think i ever got a digital license information email or anything where can i find the license information to activate the free upgraded windows 10...
  5. Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB Upgrade

Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB Upgrade: Hi MS Team , i have a product from Honeywell ,its a WIFi/Cellular device which is running on OS Windows 10 64bit and believed to be a very2 old build , what is the best way of upgrading this device to at least 1607 build to make MDM work. FYI i have around 200 unit of...
  6. Definitive Answer: Is the free upgrade really expired?

Definitive Answer: Is the free upgrade really expired?: @Kari, @simrick, Ok. So there's this "rumor" floating around that the free upgrade has been "extended" by Microsoft. So I did a little experiment on my custom built computer that has never had Windows 10 Home on it before. Here's the results: Clean install of Windows 10...
  7. Anyone able to get free upgrade after deadlline expired?

Anyone able to get free upgrade after deadlline expired?: If you did, please post your local time and your timezone. Upgrade or fresh install? Note that we are talking here only about systems that have not been previously upgraded to Win 10 and then rolled back to Win 7 or 8. 57992
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade is not Free

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Upgrade is not Free: I have been using Windows 10 upgrade and having worked in IT support. I have been thinking about Microsoft and their motives. I decided to change my hard drive and Win 10 deactivated. I called MS and was told I had to reinstall qualifying product and do another upgrade. Soon...
  9. Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?

Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?: Hmm I firstly thought that free upgrade to windows 10 has end but now I see MS giving away windows 10 free again in this wsite?- Here 74024
  10. Get 10 of the top albums of 2015 in the Windows Store for free

in Windows 10 News
    Get 10 of the top albums of 2015 in the Windows Store for free: I’m Christina Calio, and I’m on the Groove team here at Microsoft. Today I’m happy to let you know that we’re making 10 of the top albums from 2015 available in the Windows Store, for free for our Windows 10 fans as a gift from us for the holidays, and to say thank you for...