Windows 10: Free alternative to Malwarebytes Premium?

Discus and support Free alternative to Malwarebytes Premium? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Malwarebytes Premium again and again protects me from computer nasties from the web that Windows Defender simply does not. Malicious websites etc. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sweetsweetcorn, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Free alternative to Malwarebytes Premium?

Malwarebytes Premium again and again protects me from computer nasties from the web that Windows Defender simply does not.

Malicious websites etc.

I only have the Premium trial. I can not afford to pay for a Premium licence. Is there a free alternative to Malwarebytes Premium that works just as well?

:)

Sweetsweetcorn, Jun 27, 2019
  2. Ramhound Win User

How do I get rid of the Malwarebytes Premium trial?

Just do the following:

Free alternative to Malwarebytes Premium? Kq1sX.png

Source

Ramhound, Jun 27, 2019
  3. ConiGL Win User
    Malwarebytes Premium icon no longer in System Tray after latest update

Yes sorry I did mean premium. I did correct in my last post but you must have read it before the correction.. It seems lots of people in the malwarebytes forums are having some troubles with it staying on. I suggest you post with malwarebytes or look through
    their forum to see if there is a solution.

Malwarebytes Forums

ConiGL, Jun 27, 2019
  4. ROD
    Rod Win User

Free alternative to Malwarebytes Premium?

How do I get rid of the Malwarebytes Premium trial?

I've used Malwarebytes for years, when wanting to do a scan for viruses. I use the free version, running it manually when I want to. My wife recently performed an AV scan using Malwarebytes when something suspicious was going on with my PC and I wasn't there. Apparently she choose the Premium trial. I don't want the Premium version, so I uninstalled it. I thought that would take care of it.

And I was wrong.

I installed the free version - making certain that it was the free version, from MalwareBytes' website. The instant I got into it, it immediately popped up the message, "Your Premium trail expires in 3 days". I do not want this at all.

I'm sure some will say, "Hey, just wait 4 days and its gone." Well, remember what I said about my wife pressing the wrong button when running it? This PC is used by all members of my family - I have to be certain that no one else comes along and selected the "Upgrade Now" button.

So, how do I get rid of this Premium trial for good?

Thema:

Free alternative to Malwarebytes Premium?

1. Free alternative to Malwarebytes Premium? - Similar Threads - Free alternative Malwarebytes

2. Malwarebytes Premium protection and Microsoft Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malwarebytes Premium protection and Microsoft Defender: if I have malwarebytes premium protection with real protection and microsoft defender with real protection, does it cause performance conflicts?...
  3. Malwarebytes Premium protection vs Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes Premium protection vs Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection: Malwarebytes Premium Protection/Malwarebytes free edition protection has a lots of bugs more a lot than Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection Malwarebytes Premium Protection/Malwarebytes free edition protection keeps app crashing and keeps showing BSOD more a lot than Malwarebytes...
  4. MalwareBytes Pro about to expire. . . alternatives?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MalwareBytes Pro about to expire. . . alternatives?: Win10 Pro 1909 x64 My malwarebytes pro license is about to expire. Along with common sense and MSE/Defender I've used it forever. But, now is not a great time to renew that license. Any suggestions for solid freeware replacements? Thanks for reading! -R submitted by...
  5. Malwarebytes Premium free trial compatibility with Windows 10 Defender

Malwarebytes Premium free trial compatibility with Windows 10 Defender: Does the installation of Malwarebytes Premium free trial disable or prevent Windows 10 Defender from running? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malwarebytes-premium-free-trial-compatibility-with/5850b911-e1e0-4eac-b44c-cfb90730f494
  6. Malwarebytes Free

Malwarebytes Free: Windows Security is now recognised as a fully comprehensive System and gets stronger . We are told you don't need Third Party and judging by AV Testing 100% on most occasions that's great . However why the care free attitude to PUPs . I accidently clicked on to something...
  7. Malwarebytes Premium Installation Problem

Malwarebytes Premium Installation Problem: I had Malwarebytes Premium Installed until recently but, about 09 Sept, it seems to have become downgraded to the free version. I tried reinserting my Identifier and Key but these were not accepted. I then tried to reinstall the program from my Downloads folder but that has...
  8. What are alternatives to Malwarebytes?

What are alternatives to Malwarebytes?: My MBAM Premium 3.0.6 had the "Exploit Protection" not initializing problem again this morning. My system was a cold boot with the problem. Restarting Win 10 fixed the problem, but it shouldn't be happening. I'm open to alternatives. MBAM does not leave me with a good...
  9. Malwarebytes (free) Question

Malwarebytes (free) Question: I run occasional manual scans with Malewarebytes (free version). While on the Web, I got a pop up today from Malwarebytes telling me it had caught one malware. It found a Trojan (DNS changer) on my computer and I immediately quarantined it. I thought the free version had to...
  10. Free alternative to malwarebytes Pro

Free alternative to malwarebytes Pro: MalwareBytes Pro is really not cheap. Do you have recommendations for a free ant-malware application with realtime protection ? Or is it just OK now to stick to Windows Defender only ? 75887