Windows 10: Free alternative to malwarebytes Pro

Discus and support Free alternative to malwarebytes Pro in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; MalwareBytes Pro is really not cheap. Do you have recommendations for a free ant-malware application with realtime protection ? Or is it just OK now... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kensiko, Jan 26, 2017.

1. kensiko Win User

Free alternative to malwarebytes Pro

MalwareBytes Pro is really not cheap.

Do you have recommendations for a free ant-malware application with realtime protection ? Or is it just OK now to stick to Windows Defender only ?

:)

kensiko, Jan 26, 2017

2. Bad Pool header.....window 10.......

What happens if you replace
    Malwarebytes Pro with Malwarebytes Free?

Gerry C J Cornell, Jan 26, 2017
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Trouble getting rid of Palikan

See the following free multi-step removal guide from Malwaretips.com:
    How to easily remove Palikan.com Redirect (Virus Removal Guide)

After scanning with AdwCleaner, JRT and Malwarebytes Free, it may not be necessary to run Hitman Pro (Trial Version) as suggested in step 4 but you may need to reset your browsers (see step 5).

Alternatively try the (free) Emsisoft Emergency Kit:
    https://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/eek/

Good luck…

Le Boule, Jan 26, 2017
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

It's called HUMAN BRAIN.

If you just stick to WD and use Internet sensibly you'll have ZERO problems. Most people who have problems these days usually open dubious email links, give away personal info on Social Media sites or generally don't READ before downloading - loads of sites have "special offers", "test software" etc. when you are looking for a download -- finding the real download link amongst a forest of Green Arrows is made deliberately confusing.

Always CHECK CAREFULLY before the mouse click and remember Banks etc won't ask for things like passwords etc online.

I'd also use a "rubbish" or "dummy" account for online shopping - so if you buy something from Amazon etc you won't get pestered with offers for "things you can't possibly do without". Just delete the zillions of emails that go to that account without reading them - even if it gets hacked it won't reveal any info.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 26, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    I got Malwarebytes Pro a few years ago, think it was only $24.95 for 3 devices, not exactly expensive. I also use the Free version on some Notebooks, quite inexpensive.

Berton, Jan 26, 2017
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

but does it actually do anything you wouldn't do yourself.

Might only be 25 USD or whatever - but is it really fit for purpose.

NO software can protect you against 95% of current scams / fraud. Whether or not you feel paying extra for the possible 5% that WD *might* guard against is up to you - even here SAFE and sensible use of computers and the Internet will be the best possible protection IMO but everybody has their own take on this.

It's fairly obvious though that the days of "Schoolboy / Teens" in bedrooms writing malevolent programs just for the fun of it are long GONE --that was LAST CENTURY.

Name of the game now is MAKING MONEY by duping less educated users -- no software can guard against that - only YOU can do it.

Note all my remarks here apply to HOME computers -- corporate networks etc face different (and more serious) challenges.

UK Police Crime statistics report while things like Burglary etc have shown a decrease - Computer Fraud has shown a very large increase.

I haven't got USA stats but it's probably similar (although with liberal gun laws in USA the situation isn't the same as in UK).

Holland with fairly tight Gun Control has similar crime stats to UK regarding Computer crime too and I'd imagine most Western type countries to show similar patterns.

As far as Iceland is concerned - there's almost ZERO crime in the conventional nature of "Crime" -- few Drunks etc at weekends in City Centres (Reykjavik, Akureryi, Hafnarfjordur etc) ) - Not by any manner of means all tourists !!! but some quite sophisticated white collar and computer crime !!!! although again very small compared by international standards -- even taking into account population size.

So if you visit this Easter / Summer keep your "Computer Wisdom" with you. !!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 26, 2017
  7. clam1952 Win User
    So went for a look.....
    £39.99 (around $50.00 at current exchange rates) for 1 PC for 1 year = too expensive for many now. From Version 3 you can only get the free version after using the trial for 30 days where it reverts to the limited function version if you don't pay them.
    If you are using Malware Bytes Anti-Exploit Free the New Malwarebytes 3 removes it as it's included with it, however on reversion to free you loose it and there no longer appears to be a download for the free stand alone version.
    Afraid is another case of a company seeing Dollar Signs.....

clam1952, Jan 26, 2017
  8. jimbo45 Win User

@clam1952

Use your own BRAIN -- far cheaper

Remember the old adage - translated from Icelandic

"The Price of Education is expensive .... but the price of Ignorance is Astronomical. !!!! "

Have fun and I'd just stick with WD --works fine and I'm not admitting in public how many of those sites I've used starting with the ship flying The Jolly Roger" !!!!!!.

Cheers
    jimbo.

jimbo45, Jan 26, 2017
  9. kensiko Win User
    It's not only for me, I can use my brain but the others here might not. 1 year license is now about 55 CAD$

kensiko, Jan 26, 2017
  10. How often does Windows Defender detect a threat on your computer?
    It very rarely does so on mine.

Matthew Wai, Jan 26, 2017
  11. clam1952 Win User
    Which is how it should be if one is using common sense, it's never detected anything here on 3 PC's.
    @jimbo45
    I actually agree with you and only use Windows Defender, I have used the free Malwarebytes a few times on other Peoples PC's along with a load of other stuff when sorting out the results other peoples bad browsing habits / stupidity / carelessness, so I can say it does work reasonably well at removing stuff, how it performs in realtime I have no idea.

clam1952, Jan 26, 2017
  12. prikker Win User
    WD is very basic and doesn't offer much protection and never scores high in the different AV tests. Before MBam 3 I always used Avira free icw MBam 2. But the best AV is you.

prikker, Jan 26, 2017
  13. Free alternative to malwarebytes Pro

You do not need a standalone anti-malware, any free AV with a good detection will do, like 360 Essential.

But if you insist, go for Zemana, it is currently better than Malwarebytes anyway and it is really cheap.

AntiMalware - Buy Your AntiMalware - Zemana Store

TairikuOkami, Jan 27, 2017
  14. GregoryP Win User
    AdwCleaner

GregoryP, Jan 27, 2017
  15. Bree New Member
    No, you can get Malwarebyte Free immediately, just turn the trial off as soon as it's installed and running. In the setup for Malwarebytes 2 you had to opt in to the trial, if you didn't it installed as Free. You don't get an option in version 3's setup, the trial starts automatically, but once it's installed you can opt out.

If you go into 'MalwareBytes - Settings - My Account' you can turn off the 'premium trial'. It then becomes 'MalwareBytes Free' straight away,

Thema:

1. Free alternative to malwarebytes Pro - Similar Threads - Free alternative malwarebytes

2. Malwarebytes AntiMalware Free 1.70

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes AntiMalware Free 1.70: This malwarebytes antimalware looks like. I think this is old. But it is compatible with vista,xp,Windows 7 and 8. And I don't know can use it on windows 11 or not....
  3. Are there any free Adobe Acrobat PRO alternatives?!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are there any free Adobe Acrobat PRO alternatives?!!: I want to be able to edit PDFs, Copy text with the format, use a highlighter, and easy word search throughout the file. Are there any PDF readers out there that can compete with Adobe Acrobat PRO submitted by /u/VeganShooter_ [link] [comments]...
  4. MalwareBytes Pro about to expire. . . alternatives?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MalwareBytes Pro about to expire. . . alternatives?: Win10 Pro 1909 x64 My malwarebytes pro license is about to expire. Along with common sense and MSE/Defender I've used it forever. But, now is not a great time to renew that license. Any suggestions for solid freeware replacements? Thanks for reading! -R submitted by...
  5. SAMBA alternatives (Free)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SAMBA alternatives (Free): Hi folks anybody got a decent suggestion on replacing SAMBA. Windows has to be able to see and access files on Linux NAS boxes, while Linux has to be able to access files on Windows via network browsing. Also Smart TV's / amazon firesticks etc have to be able to access...
  6. Free alternative to Malwarebytes Premium?

Free alternative to Malwarebytes Premium?: Malwarebytes Premium again and again protects me from computer nasties from the web that Windows Defender simply does not. Malicious websites etc. I only have the Premium trial. I can not afford to pay for a Premium licence. Is there a free alternative to Malwarebytes...
  7. Malwarebytes Free

Malwarebytes Free: Windows Security is now recognised as a fully comprehensive System and gets stronger . We are told you don't need Third Party and judging by AV Testing 100% on most occasions that's great . However why the care free attitude to PUPs . I accidently clicked on to something...
  8. What are alternatives to Malwarebytes?

What are alternatives to Malwarebytes?: My MBAM Premium 3.0.6 had the "Exploit Protection" not initializing problem again this morning. My system was a cold boot with the problem. Restarting Win 10 fixed the problem, but it shouldn't be happening. I'm open to alternatives. MBAM does not leave me with a good...
  9. Malwarebytes (free) Question

Malwarebytes (free) Question: I run occasional manual scans with Malewarebytes (free version). While on the Web, I got a pop up today from Malwarebytes telling me it had caught one malware. It found a Trojan (DNS changer) on my computer and I immediately quarantined it. I thought the free version had to...
  10. Unlocker Free Alternative?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unlocker Free Alternative?: I have used to use Unlocker for a while on windows 7 and sometimes on windows 10. Do you have better performing and Free alternative! 79570

Users found this page by searching for:

1. best free alternative to malwarebytes