Windows 10: free antivirus

Discus and support free antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Does any user recommend a free safe and effective virus scan and remover?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CarolForbes, Mar 29, 2020.

1. free antivirus

Does any user recommend a free safe and effective virus scan and remover?

:)

CarolForbes, Mar 29, 2020

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Foolproof Idiotproof Antivirus

I'm about to help someone with an internet cafe and i'd like an antivirus that can withstand the most clueless and the most purposeful idiot. Any suggestions?

[I.R.A]_FBi, Mar 29, 2020
  4. kath_986 Win User

free antivirus

Avira Antivirus

Windows cannot send updates due to Avira Antivirus (not Aviva) - they suggest uninstalling Avira but it is not listed and I am not aware that I ever downloaded it. Presume its some sort of malware - any suggestions please if anyone has had the same problem
    - thank you

Kath Oliver

kath_986, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

free antivirus

1. free antivirus - Similar Threads - free antivirus

2. Defender not updating on w8.1, Please suggest a free antivirus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender not updating on w8.1, Please suggest a free antivirus: My w8.1 Window updates have not been working for some 2-3 years, Automatic Maintenance has also not been working for the same duration, now Windows Defender has also started NOT updating virus definitions.I can manually download mpam-fe.exe and run to update that, but that is...
  3. Defender not updating on w8.1, Please suggest a free antivirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender not updating on w8.1, Please suggest a free antivirus: My w8.1 Window updates have not been working for some 2-3 years, Automatic Maintenance has also not been working for the same duration, now Windows Defender has also started NOT updating virus definitions.I can manually download mpam-fe.exe and run to update that, but that is...
  4. Is the Microsoft Defender Antivirus which comes pre-installed on my windows for free more...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the Microsoft Defender Antivirus which comes pre-installed on my windows for free more...: Should I buy a subscription of Mcafee but I do not want to spend money if Microsoft Defender Antivirus also has same powers like them and performs like the other subscription based apps....
  5. Is the Microsoft Defender Antivirus which comes pre-installed on my windows for free more...

Is the Microsoft Defender Antivirus which comes pre-installed on my windows for free more...: Should I buy a subscription of Mcafee but I do not want to spend money if Microsoft Defender Antivirus also has same powers like them and performs like the other subscription based apps....
  6. by the way can someone suggest me a free antivirus software without any gimmicks??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    by the way can someone suggest me a free antivirus software without any gimmicks??: by the way can someone suggest me a free antivirus software without any gimmicks?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/by-the-way-can-someone-suggest-me-a-free-antivirus/00651d33-4138-42f1-a420-b3c4c0c77761
  7. by the way can someone suggest me a free antivirus software without any gimmicks??

by the way can someone suggest me a free antivirus software without any gimmicks??: by the way can someone suggest me a free antivirus software without any gimmicks?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/by-the-way-can-someone-suggest-me-a-free-antivirus/00651d33-4138-42f1-a420-b3c4c0c77761
  8. by the way can someone suggest me a free antivirus software without any gimmicks??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. How can i install a third-party antivirus like Kaspersky security cloud free and disabled...

How can i install a third-party antivirus like Kaspersky security cloud free and disabled...: Hi,I am facing an issue regardless Windows Defender.Yesterday i did a Windows Clean Install.I am installing all the software i usually use. I noticed that booth my Kaspersky security Cloud and Microsoft Windows Defender are Both working.I tried to go to gpedit.msc > Computer...
  10. Each Free Antivirus Claims?

Each Free Antivirus Claims?: Dear Sir/Madam, How's things?,I explored every free antivirus claim/s directly from their website and noticed they all are against another free antivirus by showing off their excellent results that's much higher than their rivals.I also went to the AV-Comparatives website to...