Windows 10: Free Archive Software PeaZip 7.5.0 has been released

Discus and support Free Archive Software PeaZip 7.5.0 has been released in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; PeaZip 7.5.0 is the latest version of the free archive software for Microsoft Windows devices. The release is available as an installer and a portable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 15, 2020.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Free Archive Software PeaZip 7.5.0 has been released

PeaZip 7.5.0 is the latest version of the free archive software for Microsoft Windows devices. The release is available as an installer and a portable version as usually, and will replace the current version on the target system.

Existing users of PeaZip may select Help > Check for Updates to run an update check from within the application. PeaZip 32-bit and 64-bit downloads are available on the official download page.

PeasZip became one of my go-to file archivers after my previous favorite, Bandizip, started to display advertisement in the free version. I reviewed PeaZip in 2010 for the first time, and have followed its development ever since. Major milestones were PeaZip 6.0 in 2016 and PeaZip 7.0 in 2019.

PeaZip 7.5.0

Free Archive Software PeaZip 7.5.0 has been released peazip-7.5.0.png

PeaZip 7.5.0 is a major new version of the file archiver; it includes several improvements and changes.

Note: The installer may display a Windows SmartScreen warning prompt when executed.

Veteran users who use the program's built-in file manager may notice that archive file types are displayed with new icons now to better distinguish them from each other and other files. Nothing changes if you operate the program from the context menu of File Explorer.

As far as extracting is concerned, PeaZip 7.5.0 comes with the new "Extract everything for special file types" option for 7z-supported archives; this allows you to extract the entire archive or current path to preview file types that usually require other files. A basic example is a HTML file that requires images, scripts, CSS files to display correctly.

Free Archive Software PeaZip 7.5.0 has been released peazip-archive-manager-extract-everything.png

PeaZip includes an option in the program Settings to configure the behavior. Select Options > Settings > Archive Manager to customize the feature under Extract. The two options that are provided change when "extract everything" is used by the program, and whether it is applied to everything, or only to the displayed objects. Display objects refers to items under the current path or items displayed as search results.

The archive manager features another new option. You may check "Auto close after extraction if no browsing actions took place" to get the PeaZip interface closed automatically, e.g. after opening a download quickly for inspection before extraction.

PeaZip users who use the program to create archives may notice that the creation of ZIP and 7Z archives is faster in the new version. The default compression algorithms for these two formats is set to FAST in the new version instead of normal; this speeds up the creation of ZIP archives by over 400% and the creation of 7z archives by 500% at the expense of making the archives slightly larger (for ZIP 2%, for 7z 5%).

The official changelog highlights several other improvements in the new version of the archive software. Create new folder is available for 7z, p7ZIP, and RAR archives, and the file renaming algorithm has been improved with several new options including the ability to cut file names at specified lengths and a function to replace or remove non-ASCII characters.

Now You: which archive software do you use, and why?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Free Archive Software PeaZip 7.5.0 has been released appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 15, 2020
  2. Uplink10 Win User

Archive Manager, can't extract without creating subfolder

I just gave WinRAR as an example where you have both options:

PeaZip works as I need it to, I guess I'll be using PeaZip for these kind of archives.

Uplink10, Nov 15, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Any Modern Looking Free Archivers for Windows 10? (without ads)

7-Zip is open source, as are many others. Try one that takes the technology of several and bundles then in a prettier package, such as PeaZip.

Screenshots | PeaZip file manager, rar zip archive browser

4. Free Archive Software PeaZip 7.5.0 has been released

PeaZip Archive File Utility break Windows Explorer Jumplist on Windows 10

from Windows 7 onward PeaZip uses by default new context menu model https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc144171(VS.85).aspx#static_cascading

In Windows 10 previews I'm testing, it seems for some reason PeaZip's subcommands for Directory class are given the precedence over MS subcommands when using the jumplist, causing PeaZip to open instead of File Explorer.
    It also seems there is no way to tell Windows what subcommand it should use, which is quite strange.

In current versions, when installing PeaZip (or running Options > System integration) you can de-select "Cascaded menu" to switch to classic menu entries (does not trigger the issue), or check the "No context menu" option in Context menu screen.

In future releases I'm testing, as possible solution, moving the subcommands to Directory class to Folder class, which seems not interfering with jumplist.

Giorgio Tani, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Free Archive Software PeaZip 7.5.0 has been released

1. Free Archive Software PeaZip 7.5.0 has been released - Similar Threads - Free Archive Software

2. WizTree 4.00 has been released

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WizTree 4.00 has been released: Disk Space Analyzer WizTree 4.00 has been released - gHacks Tech News 181275
  3. Windows 10 version 21H1 has been released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 21H1 has been released: Microsoft released Windows 10 version 21H1, a new feature update for its Windows 10 operating system, on May 18, 2021. John Cable, Vice President, Program Management, Windows Servicing and Delivery, published the news on the Windows Experience Blog. The phased rollout of...
  4. Microsoft Software for images and archiving?

Microsoft Software for images and archiving?: Does anything come with Windows 10 that will turn a folder into an image file like .img or extract one to a folder? Software that will burn a folder to an optical disc either with or without closing disc session? Any software that can format a CD as an MP3 disc?
  5. Has there been a fix released for the driver issues with the new 20h2 version release ?...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Has there been a fix released for the driver issues with the new 20h2 version release ?...: I just keep getting an error message that I don't have an output device installed , yet all my devices are installed but it won't let me update the drivers, just keeps sending me around in circles. HELP!!!! PLEASE!!! Jeffriel...
  6. Sandboxie 5.30 has been released

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sandboxie 5.30 has been released: Sandboxie stable version 5.30 was released today. If you are a Sandboxie user, then you are probably aware that sandboxie.com and the Sandboxie servers have been down this past few days. This problem has caused users to experience issue when activating their licenses,...
  7. Sandboxie 5.28 has been released

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sandboxie 5.28 has been released: Sandboxie 5.28 has been released. If you like to try a full blown Sandbox program, Sandboxie is the one. Its been around since 2004. This is a mature program designed for Windows that does what is supposed to do (keep the system intact). Unlike the Windows sandbox, in this...
  8. Free Software

Free Software: Is there a list for free software on the website; like the one on Windows 7 forum? 120742
  9. AIMP v 4.50 has been released as Final

AIMP v 4.50 has been released as Final: Download Center » AIMP for Windows AIMP v4.50, build 2056 18.12.2017 | 10.0 MByte | MD5: 9d08b820fb639774faf4c3f22d817ad5 [img] Requirements: Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 (8.1) / Windows 10 Minimal screen resolution: 1024x768 Download from:...
  10. A GandCrab ransomware decryption tool has been released

in Windows 10 News
    A GandCrab ransomware decryption tool has been released: Victims of one the newest - and most unusual - families of ransomware could now be able to recover their files without giving into the demands of criminals because decryption tools have been released for free. A GandCrab ransomware decryption tool has been released as part...