Windows 10: Free AV Reviews

Discus and support Free AV Reviews in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Below is a lengthy, but informative article from ZDNet which reviews free AV software. May be of interest to those who prefer. WD fully meets my needs... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by pericles, May 4, 2021.

1. pericles Win User

Free AV Reviews

Below is a lengthy, but informative article from ZDNet which reviews free AV software. May be of interest to those who prefer. WD fully meets my needs and I don't keep up with other AV's. But I have never heard of Sophos or Kaspersky Security Cloud. Best free PC antivirus software in 2021 | ZDNet

:)

pericles, May 4, 2021
  2. swarfega Win User

What is the best free AV software, Bitdefender or Avast?

You're going to get a long list of people's differing suggestions as to which AV is best. Do some research and watch various reviews on youtube like this https://www.youtube.com/user/ThePCSecurity.

swarfega, May 5, 2021
  3. trevo Win User
    Free AV Reviews

I wonder why Bitdefender wasn't included in their list of products tested, they always get high ratings from other testing labs...

trevo, May 5, 2021
  4. Steve C Win User

Free AV Reviews

Free AV Reviews

Sophos and Kaspersky AV software is well known. Note Kaspsersky software is Russian.

Steve C, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Free AV Reviews

1. Free AV Reviews - Similar Threads - Free Reviews

2. Unable to free up space since installed apps are not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to free up space since installed apps are not showing up: I am running out of capacity to upgrade things on my cpu so I go to the system storage to see where its all going. Seeing 332G in installed apps I think great lets click on that to remove some. My largest app is 2G.......... everything else is lower so I can barely free...
  3. Unable to free up space since installed apps are not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to free up space since installed apps are not showing up: I am running out of capacity to upgrade things on my cpu so I go to the system storage to see where its all going. Seeing 332G in installed apps I think great lets click on that to remove some. My largest app is 2G.......... everything else is lower so I can barely free...
  4. How much is Recommended free space for Windows drive partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How much is Recommended free space for Windows drive partition?: Hello everyone,I'm planning to divide my Windows drive into three partitions: C, D, and E. My intention is to allocate the C drive solely for Windows, the D drive for data storage, including files such as documents, photos, and more, and the E drive for installed programs I...
  5. How much is Recommended free space for Windows drive partition?

How much is Recommended free space for Windows drive partition?: Hello everyone,I'm planning to divide my Windows drive into three partitions: C, D, and E. My intention is to allocate the C drive solely for Windows, the D drive for data storage, including files such as documents, photos, and more, and the E drive for installed programs I...
  6. 5KPlayer Review: The Best Free Media Player for your PC

in Windows 10 News
    5KPlayer Review: The Best Free Media Player for your PC: A definition of a media player today is constraint to a piece of software that can a play audio or a video file. Pretty much we all are aware of some popular media players like the VLC, RealPlayer, KM Player, etc. but 5KPlayer stands out and redefines what a media player can...
  7. Great video review of updated Bitdefender free!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Great video review of updated Bitdefender free!: Great video review of the updated Bitdefender free. What are your thoughts? Bitdefender Free Antivirus 2017 Review - YouTube My subscription of Norton AV runs out soon and I might go for a free anti virus instead. Bitdefender looks good. 74187
  8. 'Best' 90 free apps - reviewed for Gizmo

'Best' 90 free apps - reviewed for Gizmo: Best Free Windows Apps | Gizmo's Freeware Best? It's a personal opinion and different for each person of course, but here's a starter for (Win) 10. There are a few interesting ones presented in 8 categories including educational resources such as Howstuffworks, Stanford...
  9. Review: Younited by F-Secure, free secure cloud storage

in Windows 10 Support
    Review: Younited by F-Secure, free secure cloud storage: Kim Dotcom & downfall of Megaupload, Edward Snowden & NSA leaks and many other recent news have accelerated the discussion about privacy concerns regarding online communications and services. Giant US companies like Microsoft and Google are constantly criticized by both users...
  10. MS Wants to Make Win 10 Spam-Free: Abusive App Reviews to Be Remove

in Windows 10 News
    MS Wants to Make Win 10 Spam-Free: Abusive App Reviews to Be Remove: Microsoft Wants to Make Windows 10 Spam-Free: Abusive App Reviews to Be Removed Redmond now working to improve the Windows Store Back in 2012, everyone claimed that Microsoft had an app problem because nobody wanted to create programs that would run in the Modern...