Windows 10: Free CD/DVD Software For Windows 10

Discus and support Free CD/DVD Software For Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having problems with my CD/DVD device on my Dell Inspiron 3650 desktop Windows 10 no longer recognizes any CD/DVD media I insert. I won't go into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rockydean, Apr 13, 2020.

1. rockydean Win User

Free CD/DVD Software For Windows 10

I am having problems with my CD/DVD device on my Dell Inspiron 3650 desktop Windows 10 no longer recognizes any CD/DVD media I insert. I won't go into the details about the problems since I had already opened an issue about this, and it was never resolved. There is a lot of information on the web about fixing this updating the BIOS, changing the registry, ….. Since there were a lot of cautions about doing this, I have not attempted those steps. The only thing I have done is uninstall/re-install the Windows CD/DVD device software, which did not fix the problems.

Since at one time I did not have these problems, I assume MS caused them. IF that is true, why don't they take care of them with a software update ?

What I am asking in this post, does anyone know of free CD/DVD software that I could try that won't mess up my system ?

thanks for your help

:)

rockydean, Apr 13, 2020

2. Uploading CD's, DVD's and Software

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Which software are you using to play CD, DVD?
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below method.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Hardware and devices under Devices.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 2.

I recommend you to un-install/re-install the DVD drive deriver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Click on DVD/ CD-ROM drives to expand, right click on the
      device and click on Uninstall.

• Once you are done un-installing the driver restart the computer, it will automatically install the generic driver.
    If the issue still persist, try updating DVD/ CD-ROM drives
    and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Click on DVD/ CD-ROM drives to expand, right click on the
      device and click on Update.
    If the above method sis not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to go to the DVD/ CD-ROM drives manufacturer website and download the latest updated
    DVD/ CD-ROM drives driver and install the same. If the available driver is not for Windows 10 you try install the driver in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 13, 2020
  3. CD/DVD drive (EFree CD/DVD Software For Windows 10 :) will not open, it is detected

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the drivers for CD/DVD drive by following the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows key + R and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives.
    • Right click on the driver and select update driver software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts and to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 13, 2020
  4. RLRehm Win User

Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Free CD/DVD Software For Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Free DVD Software

2. FREE DVD BURNING SOFTWARE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FREE DVD BURNING SOFTWARE: I have full movie files that are MP4 Video File (VLC) (.mp4) format. Is there a free software that I can use to burn theses files to dvd-r? I've tried; imgburn, winx dvd author, no results. Windows 10 home
  3. CD DVD

CD DVD: Morning,I have problem with CD DVD that is unable to be formatted, when I create a backup for disc it says that needs to be blank when there are no files into the CD even I try to erase it works but not formatting. I don't trust from youtubers at all which may be unsafe. I...
  4. CD DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD DVD: Morning,I have problem with CD DVD that is unable to be formatted, when I create a backup for disc it says that needs to be blank when there are no files into the CD even I try to erase it works but not formatting. I don't trust from youtubers at all which may be unsafe. I...
  5. CD/DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD: i just loaded windows 10pro on my computer with my CD/DVD player, and now that everthing is loaded and running i cant find or use my cd/dvd player how do i get win10 pro to find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd/a5bb5714-7a73-440f-9f4c-f8f6e389f33d
  6. cd and dvd

cd and dvd: can any one tell me how to format a cd or dvd in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-and-dvd/cbb85540-9e45-4c5e-adf0-db53aed81ad4
  7. Installing from cd/dvd software

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing from cd/dvd software: I have a Surface Go and would like to install software from CD/DVD format. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-from-cddvd-software/518308be-9cd0-48ce-b02c-755c31c1a14f"
  8. dvd/cd reader/recorder software missing

dvd/cd reader/recorder software missing: missing program software for my dvd/cd player/recorder when i updated to win 10 from win 7 the cyberlink software did not come up, how do i get it back...
  9. Best FREE MP4 to DVD Software?

Best FREE MP4 to DVD Software?: I saw that there were several packages that I have always used, like CDBurnerXP and ImgBurn. However, these will not work with MP4 files. So, is there any good FREE software out there I should get? I ask as I only use this once or twice a year at the most. Thank you all. OH,...
  10. Any FREE CD / DVD creating software comparable to K3b

Any FREE CD / DVD creating software comparable to K3b: Hi there I'm looking for a FREE Windows equivalent to the Linux K3b CD / DVD creating / copying software. Anything out there with a decent GUI - [img] Cheers jimbo 66064