Windows 10: free document editor

Discus and support free document editor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can you please recommend a free basic editor for documents that I can scan and edit, doesn't have to be anything fancy. Thanks Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ugabulldog, Nov 8, 2018 at 5:27 PM.

1. ugabulldog Win User

free document editor

Can you please recommend a free basic editor for documents that I can scan and edit, doesn't have to be anything fancy. Thanks

2. Prabhavathi Patil Win User

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 8, 2018 at 5:28 PM
  3. Darleen Pen Win User
    Document Reader & Editor for Windows 10

Hi,

Misconfiguration in your system's settings could be a possible cause why you are experiencing an issue with opening your Word documents. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need to know which build and edition of Windows 10 is currently installed
    on your device.

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you set Microsoft Word as the default application for Microsoft Word document files. Follow these steps to do so:

• Using Cortana, type default app.
    • From the search results, click on Default app settings (System settings).
    • Click on Choose default apps by file type.
    • Look for .docx, click on the Choose a default button beside it and then select Word.

free document editor 3cf328aa-8f1c-4300-b428-2c7af08bc78c?upload=true.png

Once done, restart your device and then check if the same issue persists.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Darleen Pen, Nov 8, 2018 at 5:28 PM
  4. ct5098 Win User

free document editor

Text Editor on Webpage

I'm creating a website that requires an advanced text editor, similar to the word processor in Google docs. I'm planning on creating the editor from scratch, but I'm not sure what language to use. I was thinking of using a Java applet, but I'm open to other suggestions. Some of the features that are required are highlighting and drawing (such as Microsoft Paint). Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thema:

free document editor

1. free document editor - Similar Threads - free document editor

2. Video Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Editor: I just created a video using over 150 photos and I want it to play continuously. I can't figure out how to do that. Can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps/video-editor/2f4f4ca8-336e-4e79-bb09-ea508b1b7807
  3. Registry Editor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry Editor: Hi, everyone. I need your help. Ive deleted something in registry editor then i dont have any backup to restore the messed ive done. I want to ask if i change a new os in my laptop is it possible that my registry will be newly again? Your response is very much...
  4. Popular free photo editor Paint.NET is getting a big update on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Popular free photo editor Paint.NET is getting a big update on Windows: If you consider that Photoshop is too difficult and MS Paint is too simple to work, you might want to try Paint.NET, a powerful and free image editor for Windows developed on the .NET Framework platform. Earlier this year, the developer of the Paint.NET app published the app...
  5. Open Source/free video editor with custom resolution

Open Source/free video editor with custom resolution: Hello All I am trying to find a free video editor that allows for a canvas size of 5760x1080. Premier pro allows this but so far i do not know of a free option that allows the same. I understand its an odd resolution but where i work we have three projectors projecting one...
  6. Free PDF Editor - PDF SPLIT AND MERGE

Free PDF Editor - PDF SPLIT AND MERGE: Great free app for editing PDF files e.g. deleting pages, merging pages, rotating pages etc. Only minor missing is inserting a page(s) (or I have not worked out how to do it). Easy enough to split a fie at pdf insertion point e.g. part 1, part 2, and merge as follows :-...
  7. Simple FREE LOSSLESS MKV/MP4 editor (Cut sections)

Simple FREE LOSSLESS MKV/MP4 editor (Cut sections): Hi there I found this SIMPLE Free video editor -- I basically just want to remove bits of MKV / MP4 rips without any loss in quality for example I'm saving some classic old TV programs from a Classic Movie Satellite channel and want to remove the breaks. Look for THIS...
  8. How to sing documents? Digital sign or certificate free

How to sing documents? Digital sign or certificate free: As i say i am wirter and like to sing my documents whith digital sing ¿Are a free alternative to sing documents? 105400
  9. Looking for free MP3 editor

Looking for free MP3 editor: I like to use streamWriter to record web radio shows so I can listen to them while I am working on stuff in my shop. On one of the stations I like to listen to the level is about 6-9dB lower than on the others and I would like to increase the signal level on those recordings...
  10. Local Group Policy Editor Microsoft XPS Document Writer xps extension

in Windows 10 Support
    Local Group Policy Editor Microsoft XPS Document Writer xps extension: Anyone know why this particular group policy edit setting quit working after the W10 v1803 update? It is not a big deal I just have a lot of xps files and really do not want to start mixing oxps files with them. The 1803 update did not restore the original gpedit defaults and...