Windows 10: free document editor

Discus and support free document editor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can you please recommend a free basic editor for documents that I can scan and edit, doesn't have to be anything fancy. Thanks Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ugabulldog, Nov 8, 2018.

1. free document editor

Can you please recommend a free basic editor for documents that I can scan and edit, doesn't have to be anything fancy. Thanks

ugabulldog, Nov 8, 2018

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Document Reader & Editor for Windows 10

Hi,

Misconfiguration in your system's settings could be a possible cause why you are experiencing an issue with opening your Word documents. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need to know which build and edition of Windows 10 is currently installed
    on your device.

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you set Microsoft Word as the default application for Microsoft Word document files. Follow these steps to do so:

• Using Cortana, type default app.
    • From the search results, click on Default app settings (System settings).
    • Click on Choose default apps by file type.
    • Look for .docx, click on the Choose a default button beside it and then select Word.

free document editor 3cf328aa-8f1c-4300-b428-2c7af08bc78c?upload=true.png

Once done, restart your device and then check if the same issue persists.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Darleen Pen, Nov 8, 2018
  4. ct5098 Win User

free document editor

Text Editor on Webpage

I'm creating a website that requires an advanced text editor, similar to the word processor in Google docs. I'm planning on creating the editor from scratch, but I'm not sure what language to use. I was thinking of using a Java applet, but I'm open to other suggestions. Some of the features that are required are highlighting and drawing (such as Microsoft Paint). Any suggestions would be helpful.

ct5098, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

free document editor

1. free document editor - Similar Threads - free document editor

2. Free Slideshow Maker & Video Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free Slideshow Maker & Video Editor: I purchased this today Free Slideshow Maker & Video Editor but cannot unlock. Help please when I click on premium it just returns to home screen yet it tells me I have purchasedCheersDale...
  3. Document Editor for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Document Editor for Windows 10: On Document Editor for Windows 10 the cursor is misaligned by about 1 space, although it is hard to work out exactly what it is doing, as it seems inconsistent.Word in Microsft365 works correctly....
  4. Document Editor for Windows 10

Document Editor for Windows 10: On Document Editor for Windows 10 the cursor is misaligned by about 1 space, although it is hard to work out exactly what it is doing, as it seems inconsistent.Word in Microsft365 works correctly....
  5. Looking for a free photo editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for a free photo editor: Hi,I'm looking for a free photo editor that won't trick me into getting pro. I've tried Gimp, but it doesn't give the optionto convert to JPG files. I have the free photoshop, but it's also limited in its editing features. I need a simple, yet full featured editorthat can...
  6. Looking for a free photo editor

Looking for a free photo editor: Hi,I'm looking for a free photo editor that won't trick me into getting pro. I've tried Gimp, but it doesn't give the optionto convert to JPG files. I have the free photoshop, but it's also limited in its editing features. I need a simple, yet full featured editorthat can...
  7. Free Video Editor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Free Video Editor?: Hi everyone. Just wanted to know of a decent, free, video editor for Windows 10? All I want to do is cuts, fades, and add text. submitted by /u/slinkyrichie [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/il6r3t/free_video_editor/
  8. Where is the Registry Editor documentation?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where is the Registry Editor documentation?: Where is the documentation for this stuff? I was just messing with some of the colors for fun, but I don't know what most of this stuff is and can't find any official docs on it. I mean some of them are obvious but I don't know what "button face" is for example. submitted by...
  9. Free Video Editor

Free Video Editor: Just for fun I'm thinking about recording video of gameplay and uploading to YouTube. I have found a good free program for recording called OBS studio, but I would also like a free video editing program. I have windows 10 and it comes with video editor but I'm not sure how...
  10. Looking for free MP3 editor

Looking for free MP3 editor: I like to use streamWriter to record web radio shows so I can listen to them while I am working on stuff in my shop. On one of the stations I like to listen to the level is about 6-9dB lower than on the others and I would like to increase the signal level on those recordings...