Windows 10: Free firewalls

Discus and support Free firewalls in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey guys, Just wondering is the windows firewall any good? What is a really good firewall that is free and not Comodo nor zone alarm?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kiwiprobie1, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Free firewalls

Hey guys,

Just wondering is the windows firewall any good?

What is a really good firewall that is free and not Comodo nor zone alarm?

:)

Kiwiprobie1, Dec 27, 2018

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Free firewalls

firewall

Hi Jackie,

For you to be able to get to your firewall, please follow the steps below:

• Go to start Button.
    • Open Windows defender Security Center.
    • Then go to Firewall & network protection.
    • Then choose a network profile.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Free firewalls

1. Free firewalls - Similar Threads - Free firewalls

2. Unable to free up space since installed apps are not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to free up space since installed apps are not showing up: I am running out of capacity to upgrade things on my cpu so I go to the system storage to see where its all going. Seeing 332G in installed apps I think great lets click on that to remove some. My largest app is 2G.......... everything else is lower so I can barely free...
  3. Unable to free up space since installed apps are not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to free up space since installed apps are not showing up: I am running out of capacity to upgrade things on my cpu so I go to the system storage to see where its all going. Seeing 332G in installed apps I think great lets click on that to remove some. My largest app is 2G.......... everything else is lower so I can barely free...
  4. How much is Recommended free space for Windows drive partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How much is Recommended free space for Windows drive partition?: Hello everyone,I'm planning to divide my Windows drive into three partitions: C, D, and E. My intention is to allocate the C drive solely for Windows, the D drive for data storage, including files such as documents, photos, and more, and the E drive for installed programs I...
  5. ZoneAlarm NG Free Firewall causes my Windows 11 desktop PC to crash with BSOD error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ZoneAlarm NG Free Firewall causes my Windows 11 desktop PC to crash with BSOD error...: Subject: ZoneAlarm NG Free Firewall causes my Windows 11 desktop PC to crash with BSOD error "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Netio.sys" when I upload files to the cloud Good day from Singapore, I have recently installed ZoneAlarm NG Free Firewall on my Windows 11 desktop...
  6. ZoneAlarm NG Free Firewall causes my Windows 11 desktop PC to crash with BSOD error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ZoneAlarm NG Free Firewall causes my Windows 11 desktop PC to crash with BSOD error...: Subject: ZoneAlarm NG Free Firewall causes my Windows 11 desktop PC to crash with BSOD error "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Netio.sys" when I upload files to the cloud Good day from Singapore, I have recently installed ZoneAlarm NG Free Firewall on my Windows 11 desktop...
  7. Free/cheap easy-to-use allow-by-default firewall to block applications

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Free/cheap easy-to-use allow-by-default firewall to block applications: Hello everyone A little background: I have a program on my computer that legitimately access the internet very, very regularly (a text editor that consults an online database and adds to it), but whenever it does so, it slows down the program. I would like to be able to...
  8. is windows 10 firewall free with my computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    is windows 10 firewall free with my computer?: is windows 10 firewall free with my computer? I have never paid before that I can recall but had a telephone call saying my firewall is expired and to pay $200 plus. thank you....
  9. Free AntiVirus program w/configurable firewall protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Free AntiVirus program w/configurable firewall protection: Hello, After much aggravation, I determined that my AntiVirus program was not letting me run the web interface for my home automation program all of a sudden. I disabled the firewall part and still have Windows Firewall on. Is there any AntiVirus program that can allow...
  10. Windows Firewall or ZoneAlarm Free and stop internet access?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Firewall or ZoneAlarm Free and stop internet access?: What do you think of Windows own firewall? Does it also stop outbound connections? What is it like compared to Zone Alarm? Is ZA in itself any good? Also, is there a tool similar to ZA's internet lock where you can temporarily enable / disable internet access? 64100

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows firewall any good?