Windows 10: Free game - no download or install button

Discus and support Free game - no download or install button in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I am trying to get an old board game -Twixt. I found it through a bing search, the result of Get TwixT gives me this address: Get TwixT - Microsoft... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by PaulNielsen1, May 14, 2020.

1. Free game - no download or install button

PaulNielsen1, May 14, 2020

2. Downloaded a Redeemed game.

Hi HEggens,

To better help you with your concern, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

Method 1: How to find games and game content after you redeem a code online on Xbox One

• Press the Xbox button on your controller to return to the Home screen.
    • Pull the right trigger to scroll down, and then press the A button to select My games & apps.
    • Scroll right to the Ready to Install section.
    • Highlight the game you want to install, press the A button on your controller, and then select Install.
    Method 2: How to install a Game on Windows 10.

• Using your Microsoft account, sign in to the PC where you want to install your games.
    • On the Start screen, select the Store icon.
    • In the Store, select Games from the menu.
    • Browse to and select the game you want to buy or install.

If you already own the game, you can install it on your PC. Otherwise, select Install to download and install the game.

For additional information regarding Xbox Play Anywhere, we suggest that you check out this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Wilfred Mac, May 14, 2020
  3. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, May 14, 2020
  4. Free game - no download or install button

Downloading games

Hi,

Install game in Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the game I compatibility mode and check: Follow these steps:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists

Hope it helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Free game - no download or install button

1. Free game - no download or install button - Similar Threads - Free game download

2. Install button for games greyed out and missing downloaded games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install button for games greyed out and missing downloaded games.: I just yesterday tried to download a game that's available to me since I have PC gamepass however when I try and download it the download button turns grey and it just doesn't install.As well, I've been missing downloaded games from my apps section for a while now, I have...
  3. Install button for games greyed out and missing downloaded games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install button for games greyed out and missing downloaded games.: I just yesterday tried to download a game that's available to me since I have PC gamepass however when I try and download it the download button turns grey and it just doesn't install.As well, I've been missing downloaded games from my apps section for a while now, I have...
  4. free download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    free download: Is there a free download to upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-download/90da4ca2-b07d-4e13-8a9a-faf3b04061bf
  5. Free download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free download: Hello I'm interested in downloading a free version of Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-download/ceb29291-def0-44fb-a94b-187a71ca6624
  6. Free download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Free download: Hello I'm interested in downloading a free version of Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-download/ceb29291-def0-44fb-a94b-187a71ca6624
  7. Cannot download and install free games/apps or buy games/apps in the Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot download and install free games/apps or buy games/apps in the Microsoft store: Ever since my Xbox One was stolen, my account linked to that Xbox One has been unable to download & install free games/apps or even buy them from the Microsoft store. Every time I try to check out, the order will not process and it keeps reloading the page asking for my...
  8. I downloaded a free game, Lily's Garden. It says it's installed. It won't open.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I downloaded a free game, Lily's Garden. It says it's installed. It won't open.: How do I open a game that has been installed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-downloaded-a-free-game-lilys-garden-it-says-its/25106098-29cc-4a34-9362-6d2a0165c9a1
  9. free download

free download: trying to download app for spider solitaire but wants microsoft store account info https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-download/f9690d18-c83e-4421-b574-b8bd7313ff8c"
  10. Unable to click "free" button download in store...

Unable to click "free" button download in store...: Hello, Noticed this issue on my laptop recently. I chose to reset my laptop to factory settings as it wasn't running the way I wanted to so I did a factory reset. Since the reset and updates installed I noticed that when I attempt to choose an app to download (apps I...