Windows 10: free games and apps

Discus and support free games and apps in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am new to playing games and only choose the "Free" ones to play but when I am playing the "Free" games they have popups that ask me to "Buy" items to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bthomas24, Sep 14, 2019.

1. bthomas24 Win User

free games and apps

I am new to playing games and only choose the "Free" ones to play but when I am playing the "Free" games they have popups that ask me to "Buy" items to continue playing the "Free" games. Is there a way to get rid of this option? I am recovering from cancer surgery and just want something to help keep my mind occupied during treatment.

:)

bthomas24, Sep 14, 2019

2. Windows 10 Game Apps

Based on the error you've received, this seems to be due to corrupted Store cache. We suggest manually resetting the Store app from the Settings menu. Here are the steps:

• Click Start, then Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Find the Store app, then click Reset.
    • Click Reset again to confirm.
    • Restart your device so that the changes will take effect. Sign in to the app. Launch the game and check if the same issue occurs.

We also recommend accessing the game from the Start menu. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select All apps, and then find your game in the list. Check if you encounter the same issue.

We also recommend signing in to a different user profile. This can help determine if this is due to corrupted user profile. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon from the bottom-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select your account name from the top-left corner of the menu, and then select Switch account.
    • Sign in with an account other than the one you were using.
    • Restart the game to see if it works correctly.

If you don't have a different user profile, kindly perform the steps provided on this link

Catherine Cus., Sep 25, 2019
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Sep 25, 2019
  4. free games and apps

SOLITARE CARD GAME

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how annoying it could be when the Solitaire card game is getting timed out.
    In this scenario, we would suggest you to reset the Solitaire game from Apps and feature.

Steps to reset the Solitaire app.

1. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Windows Settings.
    2. Select Apps. Click on
      Apps & feature from the left pane.
    3. Search and select Solitaire app and click on
      Advanced options.
    4. Click on Reset and follow the onscreen steps.

However, if the issue still persist. I suggest you to get in touch with the

Microsoft Casual Game support
    team, and they help you with the appropriate details regarding this query.

Regards

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

free games and apps

1. free games and apps - Similar Threads - free games apps

2. Cannot download and install free games/apps or buy games/apps in the Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot download and install free games/apps or buy games/apps in the Microsoft store: Ever since my Xbox One was stolen, my account linked to that Xbox One has been unable to download & install free games/apps or even buy them from the Microsoft store. Every time I try to check out, the order will not process and it keeps reloading the page asking for my...
  3. commercial free games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    commercial free games: I paid for commercial free games but am still seeing commercials. Can I get the service provided or a refund??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/commercial-free-games/2a31e8e4-3926-4490-b1d5-7afa75fcdcbc
  4. Downloading free app

Downloading free app: My Snip and Sketch app stopped working on my Windows 10 ver1903. I followed instructions that said to uninstall and reinstall. When I went to the Windows app store and added the app to my cart it won't install on my device. Even though I signed into my Microsoft account and I...
  5. Error on Free Games

Error on Free Games: Hi, I know Quantum Retribution is going free today and I would like to claim it. But there's an error and here's how it says: "Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help." AFgplzrUnkSUiIXF.0.0.40.5 2020/04/21 - 10:23:04 UTC I have retried and no luck. Does...
  6. Free Architecture Apps?

Free Architecture Apps?: I've been looking around for quite some time, but I can't find any apps on Microsoft Store that offer tools to design multiple-storey houses with. I'm hoping for something similar to Planner 5D, or I suppose the Sims? If anyone has any ideas, I'd be grateful to hear them....
  7. Free Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free Games: Epic Games store opens, get a free game every two weeks through 2019 | Gizmo's Freeware https://sharewareonsale.com/s/free-s...100-discount-2 https://sharewareonsale.com/s/free-g...t-100-discount 123673
  8. Free Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free Game: Subnautica is free until the holidays on the Epic Game Store | PC Gamer https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/ 123488
  9. FREE SOLITAIRE GAMES

FREE SOLITAIRE GAMES: I[VE BEEN FREE MS SOLITAIRE GAME ON SURFACE 10! TONIGHT IT WON'T LET ME IN UNLESS I PLAY ONLINE I DON'T WANT TO! SHOULD I DELETE IT AND RE-DOWNLOAD? *********** **Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked...
  10. Free cell game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free cell game: Why does my free cell game keep freezing up. It's my favorite game. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/free-cell-game/f4f714b1-f58c-4392-b3f4-079954170106