Windows 10: Free Imaging Apps - Windows 10

Discus and support Free Imaging Apps - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I currently have Macrium (Free) - I say 'have' rather than 'use' because it's too complicated & Macrium have refused to let me have a User Guide. To... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Taffy087, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Taffy087 Win User

Free Imaging Apps - Windows 10

I currently have Macrium (Free) - I say 'have' rather than 'use' because it's too complicated & Macrium have refused to let me have a User Guide. To make matters worse, every hour they send me a notification that an update is available; when I click on their link, no update is shown.

Friends have recommended two alternative free Apps: Active@Disc Image and Seagate Disk Wizard. (I already have a Seagate Drive.)

Has anyone any experience of these two Apps please?

:)

Taffy087, Dec 20, 2018

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Free Imaging Apps - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Free Imaging Apps

2. Free Video Editor app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free Video Editor app in Windows 10: I cannot find the video editor app in my latest Windows 10. What should I do? it is also not included in features. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-video-editor-app-in-windows-10/13698bb7-8dd2-4674-ac2b-4aebbb538d97
  3. Good free image editing software?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Good free image editing software?: Hello there, do you know a good image editing software which is free of charge? For example to create icons and so on. Thanks in advance. Gute kostenlose Bildbearbeitungssoftware?
  4. What's the best free app with good image printing capability?

What's the best free app with good image printing capability?: Hi, I'm looking for a free (or inexpensive) app/program that has good, flexible image printing settings. The Win 10 Photos app has no way (that I can see) to move images around or resize them in the printing settings (like Photoshop has). Thanks. - - - Updated - - -...
  5. Free Macrium for Linux Imaging and restoring (Not cloning but imaging)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Free Macrium for Linux Imaging and restoring (Not cloning but imaging): Hi folks The standalone version of Free Macrium will backup and restore Linux systems -- but with a slight proviso you will probably have to re-generate the bootloader / grub on the first boot of the restored system. I'm specifying IMAGING the systems and not cloning them as...
  6. Restoring Image by free Macrium Reflect

Restoring Image by free Macrium Reflect: In the past I was able to restore a Disk Image in the Windows 10 interface without using the Rescue Disk. Lately this is no longer possible and restoration through the Rescue Disk is the only way now. This is not a big hassle but it is an unwelcome nag. Is it possible to go...
  7. Macrium Free disk imaging

Macrium Free disk imaging: Ok, using a Macrium made boot USB I can create an image of my boot SSD (all partitions needed to boot Windows), to any other attached disk, this works perfectly. My question is about using Macrium while in Windows, is the disk image made this way identical to the image made...
  8. free app on windows 10 for typing?

in Windows 10 Customization
    free app on windows 10 for typing?: Please help me. Is there an app on Windows 10 for typing say, a chart/report for free all the time? I really couldn't find an appropriate topic. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-app-on-windows-10-for-typing/7581795c-23b0-4d41-a72d-9b5eae814bad
  9. Are the 3D Paint images royalty free?

Are the 3D Paint images royalty free?: I am wanting to use Microsoft Paint 3D to create teacher worksheets to sell on Teachers Pay Teachers. If I use the images that come with Paint 3D on worksheets I sell am I violating copyright?...
  10. Image Windows 10 laptops with DISM (or other free tool)

Image Windows 10 laptops with DISM (or other free tool): Hi All I'm about to rollout about 100 Lenovo Carbon X1 laptops with Windows 10 Pro on them and I wanted to find out how I can create an image of a fully patched Windows 10 install. From what I have read ImageX is no longer so I assume I have to use DISM. Can DISM be...