Windows 10: Free malware scanners

Discus and support Free malware scanners in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; just a word of warning on free scanners. I have Free Malwarebytes its suggested by Techies to have a second opinion scanner even though Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by fedbil100, Nov 12, 2018.

1. fedbil100 Win User

Free malware scanners

just a word of warning on free scanners. I have Free Malwarebytes its suggested by Techies to have a second opinion scanner even though Windows Security is now very good. Over recent times Ive uninstalled it on the Apps section no problem but ending up downloading it again its reassuring to have. One Moderator suggested adding Emsisoft Emergency Kit I gave it a try then thought I was being Paranoid and uninstall it. I thought it had gone it wasnt on the usual list of Apps. I found it sitting in a Zip File I couldnt get rid of it Im a novice I found it disturbing It happened a few years ago with a Commodo App which wrecked my System when I tried to Uninstall it. I ended up calling a Technician to the house he found it hiding away like a Demon . It cost me £30 . I contacted Microsoft Support the Technician was brilliant and sorted it out at no cost thanks Redmond. Just stick to Malwarebytes its great in fact Bill Gates buy the Company

:)

fedbil100, Nov 12, 2018
  2. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Nov 12, 2018
  3. johnspack Win User
    Spyware/malware scanners ect

I seem to have dropped out of the loop somewhere... I remember Malwarebytes used to be good, but guess not anymore. Found a nasty little bug using Spyhunter, which which was causing a bad browser issue. Now I know not to be so complacent about something as benign, or nasty, as malware. Got spybot installed now, and will try others. I hate that I missed a stupid bug, what other good malware/spyware scanner/removers do others recommend?

johnspack, Nov 12, 2018
  4. Free malware scanners

What are some good free malware, adware, etc. scanners??

AVG Free is good. I use it on my computer and my file server too. And Windows defender is great for a free real time scanner that's not intrusive, but I suggest using Spybot Search and Destroy with Defender.

beyond_amusia, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

Free malware scanners

1. Free malware scanners - Similar Threads - Free malware scanners

2. Malware attack, but the virus scanner didnot detect it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malware attack, but the virus scanner didnot detect it.: My desktop was attacked by some malware.At first, it was detected, and windows defender delete it. I guess the virus has been spread to lots of space as the security warning happen 3 times: one in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one in the evening.After that, the...
  3. Malware attack, but the virus scanner didnot detect it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malware attack, but the virus scanner didnot detect it.: My desktop was attacked by some malware.At first, it was detected, and windows defender delete it. I guess the virus has been spread to lots of space as the security warning happen 3 times: one in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one in the evening.After that, the...
  4. free virus and malware scans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    free virus and malware scans: what are free virus and malware scans that can be downloaded and are legit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-virus-and-malware-scans/74132a42-ce4e-4d89-a342-c42804750c66
  5. free virus and malware scans

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    free virus and malware scans: what are free virus and malware scans that can be downloaded and are legit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-virus-and-malware-scans/74132a42-ce4e-4d89-a342-c42804750c66
  6. free virus and malware scans

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Malware downloaded with Free Music App

Malware downloaded with Free Music App: This free Music app I downloaded came with lots of add on's including advertising. My computer slowed down to a snails pace due to being bombarded with adverts, shortly after my first use I uninstalled all the programmes associated with this app. Unfortunately the adverts...
  8. AV-Lab's test of FREE malware scanners

AV-Lab's test of FREE malware scanners: In the modern world, both individual and corporate users reach from time to time for software presented in the report. Due to the growing number of easy to detect generic threats and reviving samples of malware which uses malicious scripts, the role of traditional scanners is...
  9. anti malware scanner

anti malware scanner: Hi I have tried Trend Micro, Emisoft and a couple of other stand alone scanners to check my a/v program - Defender. Each has been detrimental. One left "bin" a folder that only Unlocker could remove. Another I had to use Revo to uninstall. Is there a reliable one that...
  10. Free antivirus scanners for Windows PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Free antivirus scanners for Windows PCs: Is your system riddled with viruses? Your antivirus program out of date? Need a decent – but free – security program for a loved one who doesn't see the point in paying for protection? No one wants malware on their PCs, so antivirus and antimalware scanners are a must,...