Windows 10: Free MP3 to WAV converter

Discus and support Free MP3 to WAV converter in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm looking for a Free program to convert MP3's to WAV that will work on Windows 10. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Mary 21885 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MNMary, Sep 8, 2015.

1. MNMary Win User

Free MP3 to WAV converter

I'm looking for a Free program to convert MP3's to WAV that will work on Windows 10.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Mary

:)

MNMary, Sep 8, 2015
  2. booh---01 Win User

nokia 5300 ringtones??

Convert your ringtones to WAV. There are still size limitations but it's do-a-ble. I'm up to 600kb and no problem.

It just takes time to set up....You maybe interested in this from:

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_do_i_customize_ringtones_on_my_nokia_cellphone.html

Convert MP3s to ring tones.

Compared with MIDI music, MP3 songs make much more impressive ring tones. MP3 files can incorporate human voices and other sound effects. Most important of all, you probably already have your favorite music collection in MP3 format.

Unfortunately, most Nokia phones cannot use MP3 files directly as ring tones. The hack here is to first convert MP3 music to Audio/Modem Riser (AMR) or WAV audio files, which Nokia devices do support. The AMR and WAV files can hold the same type of sound as
    MP3 files, but the former are less compressed.

WARNING You have to be careful with the size of the AMR and WAV files. A full-length song in .wav format can be more than 50 MB. That is much larger than the memory space of most Nokia phones. I recommend you convert only a 5 to 10 second clip of your favorite
    MP3 song into an AMR/WAV ring tone.

The Nokia Multimedia Converter is a standalone application outside of the Nokia PC Suite. It converts a variety of PC audio/video formats to mobile phone formats. Also, it supports MP3-to-AMR conversion. You can download the Nokia Multimedia Converter program
    for free from Forum Nokia (Web Server's Default Page).

Also, many MP3-to-WAV file converter programs are available on the Internet as shareware or freeware. For instance, the very popular and free MP3 player, Winamp (Winamp — It really whips the llama's ass!), can export MP3s to
    .wav files.

booh---01, Sep 8, 2015
  3. It is in M4A format which causes problems for me. Can I change this to MP3, WMA or WAN uncompressed. HOW?

Try Switch Audio Converter. 30-day unlimited free trial. It's fantastic...

Convert Audio File Formats MP3/WMA/WAV & More. Free Download :

Convert Audio Files To/From All Audio Formats with Switch

Ramesh Srinivasan, Sep 8, 2015
  4. marlman Win User

marlman, Sep 8, 2015
  5. Joergi Win User
    Not with a graphical user interface, meaning: It only works on the commandline, but: ffmpeg is a really great tool to basically do any kind of conversion, be it audio or video.

Many other programs basically are a graphical interface, which then hands the things you have set inside that interface to a version of ffmpeg, which comes with them.

However, the purist may prefer the elegant black of the commandline over a cluttered interface full of buttons no one needs.

Joergi, Sep 8, 2015
  6. PJLLB Win User
    I use Free Studio fro DVDSoft.

PJLLB, Sep 8, 2015
  7. rez001 Win User
    Audacity Portable can open AU, AIFF, MP3, OGG and WAV files and can save to WAV, OGG or MP3 (with the free lame plugin).
    it's a full blown audio editor as well, but you can easily use it just for converting stuff. The interface is easy to use. And having all the extra stuff like noise filtering and effects is handy. Plus, it's only 5MB.
    Download Adio city protable from here
    Download lame plugin from here

Adding LAME MP3 and FFMPEG Support

To add LAME MP3 support to Audacity, download Lame and unzip the download (get the ZIP download, the second link in the center). Place lame_enc.dll in your AudacityPortable\App\LAME directory. Audacity Portable will automatically detect it and set Audacity to use it on launch.
    To add FFMPEG support to Audacity, download the alternate zip for Windows package from the Audacity website and unzip it. Extract all files to AudacityPortable\App\FFMPEG. After starting Audacity Portable, go to Edit - Preferences. Select Libraries. Click Locate under FFmpeg Import/Export Library. A box will appear saying that the library has been automatically located and asking if you still want to locate it manually. Select No. Click OK in Audacity preferences.

Enjoy!!!

rez001, Sep 9, 2015
  8. Bhrayan23 Win User

You can use a third party converter to easily convert MP3 to WAV. You can actually find a lot of free, easy to use and reliable tools over the internet.

Bhrayan23, Oct 19, 2015
  9. fredc Win User
    I used to love Freemake but they went way over the top with "pups" and other crap when you install it , think you avoided the pups ? Think again as "Eset online scanner" will find every single one of them and there's a ton now compared to in the past .

Make sure you check the " enable pups detection " check box with Eset or you will come up empty, every other scanner i have tried fails in finding all of them but Eset will find a page full of crap even if you think you avoided them by being careful .

fredc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Free MP3 to WAV converter - Similar Threads - Free MP3 WAV

2. Convert a wav file to an mp3 in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert a wav file to an mp3 in windows 11: Trying to convert a simple wav file - audio to an audio mp3 file. Without downloading some software. Is that possible or do I have to use a converter software...
  3. Convert a wav file to an mp3 in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert a wav file to an mp3 in windows 11: Trying to convert a simple wav file - audio to an audio mp3 file. Without downloading some software. Is that possible or do I have to use a converter software...
  4. Windows 11 will not play mp3 or wav files

Windows 11 will not play mp3 or wav files: Windows 11 will not play mp3 or wav files consistently. Sometimes it will and sometimes mostly it won't. Occasionally it will work if I reboot. Windows 11 is updated. The error code I'm getting for both of these files is: We can't open x file. It uses unsupported encoding...
  5. Cannot Download MP3 or WAV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Download MP3 or WAV: I am trying to download some songs, but it does not allow me to download them as either MP3 or WAV; only MPEG Video, MPEG Audio, and All Files show when clicking the drop-down menu. I have looked everywhere but have not found a solution to this issue. How can I fix this?...
  6. Cannot Download MP3 or WAV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Download MP3 or WAV: I am trying to download some songs, but it does not allow me to download them as either MP3 or WAV; only MPEG Video, MPEG Audio, and All Files show when clicking the drop-down menu. I have looked everywhere but have not found a solution to this issue. How can I fix this?...
  7. Cannot Download MP3 or WAV

8. Safe free mp3 converter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe free mp3 converter: Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of any free and safe mp3 converter that doesn’t give virus? submitted by /u/Arrow45877 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k0h8b3/safe_free_mp3_converter/
  9. Mp3 and wav files won't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mp3 and wav files won't open: I go on the Libraries app on my taskbar, and try playing mp3 and wav files. When I click on them, nothing pops up, and the app says it's not responding at the top, then exists out. Help? [ATTACH]...
  10. Audio converter? Mp4 to wav

Audio converter? Mp4 to wav: I'm looking for a way to convert an mp4 audio file to wav. Free would be preferable. I tried free:ac but it stops a third of the way in. It's a huge file, about 10.5 hours long.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Nokia Mp3 to wav converter

2. Nokia phone how to convert songs wav format