Windows 10: Free MS Office Alternative

Discus and support Free MS Office Alternative in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; For those who would like an alternative to Microsoft Office for one reason or another (cost mainly), here's a free alternative; WPS for Business:... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Wynona, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Wynona Win User

Free MS Office Alternative

Wynona, Jan 20, 2016
  2. neilpzz Win User

Free Windows 10 upgrade Product key

A web search for MS Office will find the available options. (as already posted) There are free alternatives available, for example:

1. LibreOffice

2. Open Office

neilpzz, Jan 20, 2016
  3. Apps for Microsoft Office, MS Project and Antivirus for Windows Phone

I am trying to make a presentation at work for alternatives for free Apps available for MS Office and MS Projects on a WIndows Phone/ Andorid/ iOS. I also need to recommend Antivirus. Based on this , they will decide the devices to purchase for a mobility
    project.

I understand that most people believe that WIndows Phones don't need antivirus.

Please recommend some Apps.

Simran Sawhney, Jan 20, 2016
  4. vgchat Win User

I'll stick with Google Documents.

vgchat, Jan 20, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    The more widely known free alternative is LibreOffice.

swarfega, Jan 20, 2016
  6. Polaris Office is free, but if you can get away with cloud services, Office Web Apps are free, and so is Google Docs.

DeaconFrost, Jan 20, 2016
  7. Wynona Win User
    Nice!

I posted here not because I was interested in an alternative, since I have a subscription to Office 365, but it's nice to see all the other freebies.

Suggestion, please . . . For those who don't know how to get them, when you suggest a freebie, could you post a link?

Thanks for the other suggestions so far.

LibreOffice Official Site: Home | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Fun Project - Fantastic People
    Google Docs: docs.google.com
    Polaris Office: Polaris Office
    MS Office for Android: Microsoft Office for Android Tablet | Outlook, Word, Excel (Just be sure your tablet is 10.1" or smaller or you'll need a subscription)

Wynona, Jan 20, 2016
  8. WHS
    whs Win User

Thanks Wynona. It never hurts to have options.

9. I am surprised no one has mentioned Apache OpenOffice yet.

z31fanatic, Jan 20, 2016
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    I currently use it and I really like it.

BunnyJ, Jan 20, 2016
  11. Wynona Win User
    Link, Jeff? *Smile

Wynona, Jan 20, 2016
  12. WHS
    whs Win User
  13. Wynona Win User

Wynona, Jan 20, 2016
  14. cereberus Win User
    You can run simplified cloud versions of MS office from any pc.

cereberus, Jan 21, 2016
  15. lx07 Win User
    MS Office will also be free for a year if you have > 5MB in OneDrive
    OneDrive Changes FAQ | OneDrive Blog

Thema:

1. Free MS Office Alternative - Similar Threads - Free Office Alternative

2. MS Office is not free with windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MS Office is not free with windows 10: Hi All,I bought a new HP laptop with windows 10 and when I am accessing excel/word it says I need to buy license but I thought MS office should be free with windows.It's frustrating and from now I will never buy laptop with windows. How come they ask/beg from day 1....
  3. Free alternative to Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Free alternative to Windows Defender?: For selection: Kaspersky Security Cloud Free and Avira Free Security Suite Considering only these two programs, which one would be better? Without assuming that the Defender is actually good enough. (Use it yourself) Which one would be better, especially in terms of...
  4. Is there really free MS Office?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is there really free MS Office?: Hello, everyone. My old notebook gave up the ghost. The new one, of course, doesn't have Office installed. After x-years I also have no more access data. Now I am looking for a free version. Does anyone of you have a tip or link for me? Thank you. Gibt es wirklich...
  5. SAMBA alternatives (Free)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SAMBA alternatives (Free): Hi folks anybody got a decent suggestion on replacing SAMBA. Windows has to be able to see and access files on Linux NAS boxes, while Linux has to be able to access files on Windows via network browsing. Also Smart TV's / amazon firesticks etc have to be able to access...
  6. Free alternative to Malwarebytes Premium?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Free alternative to Malwarebytes Premium?: Malwarebytes Premium again and again protects me from computer nasties from the web that Windows Defender simply does not. Malicious websites etc. I only have the Premium trial. I can not afford to pay for a Premium licence. Is there a free alternative to Malwarebytes...
  7. Free or paid alternatives to OneDrive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Free or paid alternatives to OneDrive: Hi all, When I was traveling all the time due to work I started using One Drive as the place to store all of my personal documents and files due to the fact that I use my personal MS account to sign into all of my desktop and laptop devices. I have recently stopped...
  8. Free Mobile APP Of MS WORD and OFFICE ?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Free Mobile APP Of MS WORD and OFFICE ?: Hello, Just came across the free (called "mobile") downloads of MS WORD, etc. for W10. From what I can see, they really are free. Sure I am missing something: If free, why would anyone buy Office ? What am I, as usual, missing ? Thought I would ask here first before...
  9. Free alternative to malwarebytes Pro

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Free alternative to malwarebytes Pro: MalwareBytes Pro is really not cheap. Do you have recommendations for a free ant-malware application with realtime protection ? Or is it just OK now to stick to Windows Defender only ? 75887
  10. Unlocker Free Alternative?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unlocker Free Alternative?: I have used to use Unlocker for a while on windows 7 and sometimes on windows 10. Do you have better performing and Free alternative! 79570