Windows 10: Free photo editing software

Discus and support Free photo editing software in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I see a download that mimics the old PICASA: https://picasa.en.uptodown.com/windows. Is this legit? Is it malware?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PaulGardella, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Free photo editing software

I see a download that mimics the old PICASA: https://picasa.en.uptodown.com/windows. Is this legit? Is it malware?

:)

PaulGardella, Nov 5, 2018

2. Photos / Edit Stopped Working

This seems to be a hiccup with the application's software. What you can try is to do the following steps which will reset the internal state of the Photo app:

• Press Windows button + R.
    • Type: %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of that folder

Let us know if this suggestion helped.

Regene Jos, Nov 5, 2018
  3. davidhk Win User
    photo edit & print software not working correctly with W10

@ granddad,
    May I suggest " process of elimination".

1. Uninstall > then reinstall photo editing program. If that makes no difference, then #2.
    2. Uninstall > then reinstall Epson printer.

Sorry. Not much of a suggestion.

davidhk, Nov 5, 2018
  4. lxROKxl Win User

Free photo editing software

Windows 10 Photos App crashing when in the edit menu

Hello everyone!
    Just recently (within the week) my Photos Application has started crashing

Free photo editing software [​IMG]

This happens most often when I'm in the editing menu

Sometimes it crashes on startup - Sometimes when I enter the Editing Menu - Sometimes when I attempt to edit

Things I've attempted to do to fix

• Uninstall and reinstall the app
    • Contact Microsoft Support (cringe)
    • sfc /scannow
    • Restore Libraries to default
    • Created another local account
    • Clear the app cache
    • Check disk health (extremely healthy)
    • Add a Microsoft Account / Connect a Microsoft account
    • Put photos in a different folder / drive
    • The system Troubleshooter.

NOTHING HAS WORKED

Possible Causes .
    • My photos are located on another disk Free photo editing software :)G) - I have an SSD (128GB) for boot - A 1TB regular drive for Programs and another 1 TB drive for documents/photos/etc.

I've followed every guide possible and still nothing has worked. I need some serious help *Mad
    So strange how it just started happening, Please help, any suggestions are appreciated as this is a major headache for me!

lxROKxl, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Free photo editing software

1. Free photo editing software - Similar Threads - Free photo editing

2. New photo editing software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New photo editing software: I was just forced to get the new Microsoft photo editing software. It suddenly appeared replacing my current Microsoft photo editing program. No notice, no option not to take it, just "boom", here it is on your pc, deal with it. Here's the problem. Unlike the old software the...
  3. New photo editing software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New photo editing software: I was just forced to get the new Microsoft photo editing software. It suddenly appeared replacing my current Microsoft photo editing program. No notice, no option not to take it, just "boom", here it is on your pc, deal with it. Here's the problem. Unlike the old software the...
  4. Good free image editing software?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Good free image editing software?: Hello there, do you know a good image editing software which is free of charge? For example to create icons and so on. Thanks in advance. Gute kostenlose Bildbearbeitungssoftware?
  5. best photo editing software

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    best photo editing software: What is the best free photo editing software that works with windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-photo-editing-software/e07c2cab-ca06-40a4-992f-a1b26c111c4f"
  6. Problem with installing My Photos free app for photo editing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problem with installing My Photos free app for photo editing: I cannot install My Photos photo editing app from the Microsoft store. It says I don't have the system requirements needed to install it however I do. Not sure why it won't let me install the app....
  7. Any free software for "photo fuse" utility

Any free software for "photo fuse" utility: One of the apps that I enjoyed in the Windows Live Essentials suite was Photo Gallery specifically a utility in that program called "photo fuse." MSFT discontinued Windows Live Essentials with the entry of the "Photos" app in Windows 10. Photo fuse had the ability to swap...
  8. Free Software to add Timestamps to Photos

Free Software to add Timestamps to Photos: Hello dear members, I would like to find a free software to add Timestamps to some of my personal and family photos and would like the software to identify and add the time and date the photo was taken onto the photo itself. (Most of the photos I would like to have Timestamps...
  9. Free Software to add Timestamps to Photos

Free Software to add Timestamps to Photos: Hello dear members, I would like to find a free software to add Timestamps to some of my personal and family photos and would like the software to identify and add the time and date the photo was taken onto the photo itself. (Most of the photos I would like to have Timestamps...
  10. Free Music Editing Software

Free Music Editing Software: I'm looking for software that can edit music files i.e. fade in/out, snipping, etc. Any suggestions? Cheers! 1407