Windows 10: Free Processor Upgrade With Latest Update, Thanks Microsoft!

Discus and support Free Processor Upgrade With Latest Update, Thanks Microsoft! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SaddenedBKSticks [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SaddenedBKSticks, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Free Processor Upgrade With Latest Update, Thanks Microsoft!

/u/SaddenedBKSticks, Feb 29, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Feb 29, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Free Processor Upgrade With Latest Update, Thanks Microsoft!

CPU / CPU Processor problems / Processor affinity

We appreciate the information you provided. Your processor is working as expected. CPU affinity is only showing CPU (0) since 1 processor is working at the moment. It's very likely that your computer is using a balanced power plan, so we suggest changing
    your power plan to High Performance by following these steps:

• Right-click Start.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Choose High Performance.

In addition to that, we recommend installing the latest updates to keep your system current and secure. Go to
    Start > Settings > Update & Security > Check for updates.

Some programs may also be automatically launching whenever you boot your computer, affecting the performance. To disable them, follow these steps:

• Right-click your taskbar.
    • Click Task Manager.
    • Under the Startup tab, find the programs that you don't need.
    • Right-click the program and choose Disable.

You're also using your computer for a game that was designed to run on an earlier version of Windows, so it's possible that it's slowing down your computer. In this case, use the Compatibility Troubleshooter to find and fix problems with the program using
    these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting and press Enter.
    • Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.
    • Click Next.
    • Choose the program from the list and click Next.

Let us know if you need further assistance with your computer.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Free Processor Upgrade With Latest Update, Thanks Microsoft!

1. Free Processor Upgrade With Latest Update, Thanks Microsoft! - Similar Threads - Free Processor Upgrade

2. fixed the processor issue thanks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fixed the processor issue thanks: hello it fixed the processor issue sya it passed but in windows up still says it is not still see red dot saying i do not meeet the requirements for windows 11 thanks for fixing the issue...
  3. fixed the processor issue thanks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fixed the processor issue thanks: hello it fixed the processor issue sya it passed but in windows up still says it is not still see red dot saying i do not meeet the requirements for windows 11 thanks for fixing the issue...
  4. fixed the processor issue thanks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Thanks Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thanks Microsoft: Hi Microsoft.I just want to thank however is creating new drivers for my old intel G31 G33 express chipset for the past 2 weeks.Ive observed a big improvement in my games and system performance.Thanks to the parties for creating this.Im grateful...
  6. Processor nogo Win11 upgrade - Upgrade processor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Processor nogo Win11 upgrade - Upgrade processor?: Windows 10 Pro 21H1 I ran the MS Win11 hardware suitability tool. And my trusty, 3 year old Lenovo P50 failed--reason: processor. The machine's processor is: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz Just curious... is it reasonable that a newer processor might be...
  7. Processor upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Processor upgrade: The board is a GIGABYTE B450 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI ATX AMD. There is 32 GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 288-Pin DDR4 memory. The SSD is MKNSSDPL1TB-D8 [Hard drive] (1000.20 GB) Replaced a AMD RYZEN 3 2200G Quad-Core 3.5 GHz with an AMD RYZEN...
  8. Thanks Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Thanks Microsoft: The Forum users get such great help from the Staff of Helpers and Advisers . But does anyone ever say thank you. People crying for help Viruses, Bugs ,Ransomeware, Scammers , etc. And its Free . We now have a top of the range Windows Security getting better AV Test results...
  9. Latest processors denied Win 7/8.1 updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest processors denied Win 7/8.1 updates: Ok, it's not Win 10, but the argument is that this could be a move to promote Win 10 uptake. someone at Microsoft decided to deny Windows 7/8.1 updates to the users of the following CPU architectures: Intel seventh (7th)-generation processors (Kaby Lake); AMD "Bristol...
  10. Thanks for reserving your free upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Thanks for reserving your free upgrade: Hello, I have a problem in that I have reserved my free windows 10 upgrade, BUT for some reason which I certainly don't I am unable to upgrade, it keeps say that we're validating windows 10 for your pc, we recommend that you update after you get your notification, well I...