Windows 10: Free reliable software to monitor resource use and make speedup recommendations??

Discus and support Free reliable software to monitor resource use and make speedup recommendations?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop is getting slower and it's only a couple of years old. I make sure I keep a chunk of the hard drive free and don't really use stuff that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AceCarpets, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Free reliable software to monitor resource use and make speedup recommendations??

My laptop is getting slower and it's only a couple of years old. I make sure I keep a chunk of the hard drive free and don't really use stuff that is too demanding. What software would you recommend that will sit in the background and keep an eye on the system resource use to check if anything is slowing up the laptop? Many thanks.

submitted by /u/AceCarpets
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AceCarpets, Oct 13, 2020
  2. Jessen P Win User

Cortana Error in Reliability Monitor

Hi,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue fixed.

If you don't find any error with Cortana, and the issue is only with reliability monitor projecting an error with Cortana. I would then request you to perform DISM and check if the issue is removed.

• Press Windows key, and type CMD in search. Right click on CMD and click on Run as administrator.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Please revert if you face any issues with reliability monitor.

Jessen P, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Reliability Monitor - View All Problem Reports Empty

Hi Ryan,

Windows update can reset your system settings and could've affected the information on your reliability monitor. To help us scan and fix your concern, we suggest that you run an sfc scan. Here are the steps on how to:

• Press Windows

Free reliable software to monitor resource use and make speedup recommendations?? 5be689fe-c53f-45b9-85f5-44c8f2bae2b4.png
      key +
      X key.
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type in sfc /scannow.
    • Press the Enter key.

Once done with the scan, try to re-launch your reliability monitor and check if information is now available. If the concern persist, you can restore from a system restore point by clicking this

link

Let us know if you need further assistance regarding your reliability monitor concern.

Darwin Dim, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Free reliable software to monitor resource use and make speedup recommendations??

Reliability Monitor - View All Problem Reports Empty

If the SFC scan and system restore didn't resolve your concern, then we proceed in resetting your Reliability monitor's database. Here are the steps on how to:

Disclaimer: In resetting the data base, any information that were initially recorded will be deleted and the Reliability Monitor may require 24 hours to generate a new set of historical data.

• Copy this text on a Notepad. It's a command to reset Reliability Monitor.
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Reliability Analysis\WMI" /v WMIEnable /T

REG_DWORD /D 1 /F

del /f /S /Q /A "%ProgramData%\Microsoft\RAC\PublishedData\*"

del /f /S /Q /A "%ProgramData%\Microsoft\RAC\StateData\*"

@Echo off

FOR /F "tokens=1,2*" %%V IN ('bcdedit')

DO SET adminTest=%%V

IF (%adminTest%)==(Access) goto noAdmin

for /F "tokens=*" %%G in ('wevtutil.exe el') DO (call :do_clear "%%G")

echo.

echo

goto theEnd

:do_clear

echo clearing %1

wevtutil.exe cl %1

goto :eof

:noAdmin

exit

2. Save and name the file as resetRM.bat

3. Right-click and select Open. If prompted for a UAC, then click Yes.

Note: You must be the admin of your Windows to open the file.

4. Once you select Open, you'll see a set of commands running inside

the command prompt to reset Reliability Monitor.

If in case you don't find Reliability Monitor in a reset condition, then repeat the steps 3 & 4. Reboot your device and this time it should reset the Reliability Monitor.

Once done with the steps, allow 24 hours and relaunch the reliability monitor. Check if your concern persists.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Free reliable software to monitor resource use and make speedup recommendations??

1. Free reliable software to monitor resource use and make speedup recommendations?? - Similar Threads - Free reliable software

2. an anyone recommend a reliable video editing software that works well with Microsoft...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    an anyone recommend a reliable video editing software that works well with Microsoft...: This question seeks recommendations from the Microsoft community for video editing software that is compatible and works efficiently on the Windows 10 operating system. The user is specifically interested in software that can handle high-quality video editing tasks, and they...
  3. an anyone recommend a reliable video editing software that works well with Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    an anyone recommend a reliable video editing software that works well with Microsoft...: This question seeks recommendations from the Microsoft community for video editing software that is compatible and works efficiently on the Windows 10 operating system. The user is specifically interested in software that can handle high-quality video editing tasks, and they...
  4. an anyone recommend a reliable video editing software that works well with Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Make scspline.c free software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make scspline.c free software: In the Microsoft ecosystem there is a source file called ntgdi/fondrv/tt/scaler/scspline.c , also called the 'New Scan Converter Spline Module'. I would like Microsoft to release this file as free software, so as to improve the render quality of free software renderers....
  6. Make scspline.c free software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make scspline.c free software: In the Microsoft ecosystem there is a source file called ntgdi/fondrv/tt/scaler/scspline.c , also called the 'New Scan Converter Spline Module'. I would like Microsoft to release this file as free software, so as to improve the render quality of free software renderers....
  7. Any recommendations for a free and reliable screen recorder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any recommendations for a free and reliable screen recorder?: I have always used the Xbox Game Bar for Windows 10, however my main purpose for screen recording is for my engineering programming classes (specifically using Arduino right now) and I always get a message saying “Game features aren’t available for the Windows desktop or File...
  8. Reliable Backup Software with Low Resource Requirement

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reliable Backup Software with Low Resource Requirement: Hi All, I am looking for a reliable backup application that runs only when I decide to do the backup, and it is completely off otherwise. I have read that backup applications like Acronis use computation resources also when inactive. Any suggestion? Thank you in advance!...
  9. Windows Reliability Monitor - How to Use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Reliability Monitor - How to Use: So my PC has been crashing every so often lately, some due to java, others due to BSOD. I recently learned of the Windows Reliability Monitor, which shows all critical events and what caused them. WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS How do I take the info the Monitor provides and act...
  10. Free NAS Monitoring Software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Free NAS Monitoring Software: I have had my NAS for a few weeks now. I am puzzled as to why its lights are always flashing even when theres no scheduled backup taking place or when all the computers in the house are turned off. I would like to be able to monitor IPs and file names and I wonder if this...