Windows 10: Free software suggestions to automatically backup certain folders in computer?

Discus and support Free software suggestions to automatically backup certain folders in computer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm just looking for a software that automatically backs up a couple folders on my computer with important documents and backups automatically without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fallszero_5, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Free software suggestions to automatically backup certain folders in computer?

I'm just looking for a software that automatically backs up a couple folders on my computer with important documents and backups automatically without me having to do anything for peace of mind.

submitted by /u/fallszero_5
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fallszero_5, Feb 9, 2021
  2. Sean8 Win User

Automatic backup

I'm trying to setup automatic backup. In windows 7 I have it setup but it doesn't backup everything in that folder it backs up only stuff that was edited which causes confusion. Is there any easier way to automatically backup everything in a single folder to my external hd

Sean8, Feb 9, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Find Folders Without Filetype - Need App Suggestion

windows 7 - Find folders NOT containing a particular filemask - Software Recommendations Stack Exchange
    You can use the shareware XYplorer, which has a 30-day trial period. In version 14.80, it introduced the feature that you want: Find Containing Folders. Now you can list all folders containing a certain file or file type, files of a certain size or age, or with certain other properties. You can as well list all folders NOT containing such files.

Free software suggestions to automatically backup certain folders in computer? [​IMG]

Quicksearch - example with switch.

Free software suggestions to automatically backup certain folders in computer? [​IMG]

(You can just see the switch on the bottom - sorry, clipped the text)

dalchina, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Free software suggestions to automatically backup certain folders in computer?

Unable to Backup certain number of files

Hi Virgilio,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• How are you trying to back up the data?
    • Did you make any changes in prior to this issue?
    • Do you gat any error code on the screen?
    I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to start Volume Shadow Copy service
    and set it to Automatic.

Steps to Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Volume Shadow Copy service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict and check.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot
    state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

For reference: Backup and restore your files

Backup and Restore in Windows 10

Hope the information helps. Please let us now if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

Free software suggestions to automatically backup certain folders in computer?

1. Free software suggestions to automatically backup certain folders in computer? - Similar Threads - Free software suggestions

2. Easy, Free backup suggestions 2023 FR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Easy, Free backup suggestions 2023 FR: Your files should always be backed up because a hard drive can die at any time without notice. Don't be one of the many I've seen who are crushed by the loss of irreplaceable family pictures or valuable documents! Some suggestions are here based on helping for 14 years in...
  3. Easy, free or cheap Backup Suggestions 2023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easy, free or cheap Backup Suggestions 2023: Your files should always be backed up because a hard drive can die at any time without notice. Don't be one of the many I've seen who are crushed by the loss of irreplaceable family pictures or valuable documents! Some suggestions are here based on helping for 14 years in...
  4. Easy, free or cheap Backup Suggestions 2023

Easy, free or cheap Backup Suggestions 2023: Your files should always be backed up because a hard drive can die at any time without notice. Don't be one of the many I've seen who are crushed by the loss of irreplaceable family pictures or valuable documents! Some suggestions are here based on helping for 14 years in...
  5. Easy, free Backup Suggestions 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Easy, free Backup Suggestions 2023: Your files should always be backed up because a hard drive can die at any time without notice. Some suggestions here based on helping for 14 years in forums with what works best: 1 You can sync your Desktop, Documents and Pictures folder using OneDrive Backup, or just drag...
  6. Easy, free Backup Suggestions 2023

Easy, free Backup Suggestions 2023: Your files should always be backed up because a hard drive can die at any time without notice. Some suggestions here based on helping for 14 years in forums with what works best: 1 You can sync your Desktop, Documents and Pictures folder using OneDrive Backup, or just drag...
  7. Easy, free Backup Suggestions 2023

8. Suggestions for free audio software

Suggestions for free audio software: Am set up now and wanting to add some software for copying to and playing audio from the Music library now that WMP is not in 10. So any suggestions welcome *Smile 55432
  9. In search of free backup software

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    In search of free backup software: Few months back I lost all my favorites in Microsoft Edge. Some great folks here recommended I try a program called Recuva from the same folks that make Malwarebytes. Although I tried the program I was never able to recover my favorites file. So, I've learned my lesson and...
  10. Free file backup software

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Free file backup software: Hi, Can anyone suggest a good free third party software for file backup.....? I googled it, but it seems that some free tools do not work well with W10. I have Macrium and use it for Imaging/Cloning, but the free version does not offer file backup. I would like to...