Windows 10: Free Software to "Cold Backup" Windows 10 ?

Discus and support Free Software to "Cold Backup" Windows 10 ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I want to make a cold backup of Windows 10 but is there any free software that will allow me to make such backup ? The only one that I have heard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Green_Carnage, May 4, 2020.

1. Free Software to "Cold Backup" Windows 10 ?

Hi,

I want to make a cold backup of Windows 10 but is there any free software that will allow me to make such backup ? The only one that I have heard is Norton Ghost 15 but I think it's not free and doesn't support Windows 10.

Any recommendations ?

Thanks

submitted by /u/Green_Carnage
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Green_Carnage, May 4, 2020
  2. SIW2 Win User

Software to backup windows

I suggest Aomei Backupper. It is very simple to use. The free ( standard version) will be fine.

Under the backup Tab, click System backup, then at Step 2 , browse to the location you want to save the backup image. Then click "Start Backup"

Free Software to "Cold Backup" Windows 10 ? [​IMG]

Download it from here:

Best Windows Backup and Restore Software | AOMEI Backupper

SIW2, May 4, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, May 4, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

Free Software to "Cold Backup" Windows 10 ?

Reliable backup software for Windows 7?

If you want to backup to a standard format, Comodo allows it, and I'm sure the rest do as well.. even using 7z or ZIP. The problem you'll find is that they take up more space than proprietary formatting and in my experience take longer as well. I think you're trying to over-complicate something you want to be simple in all honesty man. No offense meant by that, but I feel you're trying too hard to minimize what you backup...what is the size of the data you want to backup?

As I said before, a system image is going to be the largest and easiest, I realize you want to narrow it down and you can do that with pretty much everything suggested here, including Windows Backup. If you were on Windows 8 or newer, it's backup is just a file-for-file backup and between that and shadow copies you'd be set. I really like it for quick and easy access without needing any image software (though Win8+ natively mounts and accesses ISO's). Plus it keeps track of changed files and backs them up using spare/idle resources. Maybe this is the answer you seek...

What's stopping you from upgrading to Windows 10?

Honestly something like Macrium works well even with it's proprietary format for image access, super easy to mount, like an ISO, but you gotta have Macrium installed of course...similar to the rest of these software packages...that's part of their catch. I feel what you ask for doesn't happen any more, it would ruin good marketing opportunities and probably cause infringement on managing backup images with other software...no bueno when bottom lines count.

Kursah, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Free Software to "Cold Backup" Windows 10 ?

1. Free Software to "Cold Backup" Windows 10 ? - Similar Threads - Free Software Cold

2. Free software suggestions to automatically backup certain folders in computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Free software suggestions to automatically backup certain folders in computer?: I'm just looking for a software that automatically backs up a couple folders on my computer with important documents and backups automatically without me having to do anything for peace of mind. submitted by /u/fallszero_5 [link] [comments]...
  3. Advice for free backup software with incremental backup capability?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Advice for free backup software with incremental backup capability?: I've tried Easeus, AOMEI, and a few others, but can't figure out how to do an incremental backup. Basically I'd like to either backup my Disk or just the files and folders on my C:/ drive, and have the ability to do an incremental backup every week or so. Easeus says free...
  4. Is there any free software to backup/restore OS or Files?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is there any free software to backup/restore OS or Files?: I have a MyCloud device which hasn’t worked seamlessly since the day that I purchased it a few years ago. So I bought a Seagate EHD and have been using their Toolkit until their hardware EHD failed. I tried using Toolkit with my WD devices and found that it’s only good with...
  5. Free Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free Software: Is there a list for free software on the website; like the one on Windows 7 forum? 120742
  6. backup software windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    backup software windows 10: I TRIED TO MAKE A BACKUP DRIVE -A ANSWER CAME YP DAYING I AM MISSING SOMEDRIVERS JUST WHAT HAPPENED I DO NOT KNOW-I NEED TO GET A COPY OF ALL THE SOFTWARE OR I WILL HAVE TO DO A COMPLETE REDOO AND THIS WILL TAKE ME A LONG TIME, ANY SUGGESTIONS...
  7. Tape backup software for Windows 10

Tape backup software for Windows 10: OK I've got external HDDs, but not enough to store all my systems, so I have an HP Ultrium 460 LTO tape drive. What software do you recommend for tape bckup on Windows 10? I tried Easeus Todo backup trial but that was painfully slow. Acronis Advanced Backup is rather...
  8. Recommend backup software for 10

Recommend backup software for 10: Hi ... I'm curious if anyone is using a backup software with windows 10 ? And, if so which are you using ? I always been a Acronis True Image user but their latest version 2015 I really hate the whole interface of it . I did try it out but it has fail when I try to restore an...
  9. In search of free backup software

In search of free backup software: Few months back I lost all my favorites in Microsoft Edge. Some great folks here recommended I try a program called Recuva from the same folks that make Malwarebytes. Although I tried the program I was never able to recover my favorites file. So, I've learned my lesson and...
  10. Free file backup software

Free file backup software: Hi, Can anyone suggest a good free third party software for file backup.....? I googled it, but it seems that some free tools do not work well with W10. I have Macrium and use it for Imaging/Cloning, but the free version does not offer file backup. I would like to...