Windows 10: free software to convert almost 50000 text fles to a single PDF file

Discus and support free software to convert almost 50000 text fles to a single PDF file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Drag all text files to one directory eg c:\text Open command prompt cd \text copy *.txt text.dat exit Then load text.dat into notepad or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sam9, Apr 24, 2017.

1. sam9 Win User

free software to convert almost 50000 text fles to a single PDF file

Thanks for the details but somewhere I think you want me to first combine all text files into a single Text file. Sir, I already have a single Text file which I have splitted into 50000 text files because these 50000 files are one page letters which I need to print randomly as per my search criteria. In notepad I can not select and print the required letter and I have to first copy the required letter to another notepad to finally print that particular letter. In a combined pdf, I can select the page to print. Hope I am able to explain to you. Thanks

2. Bree New Member

So your problem is not really how to make a combined pdf, but how to print an individual page out of the 50000. Neither Notepad or Wordpad support page breaks, which is what you'd need to be able to have each letter on a single page. A plain text document is not really suitable for what you want to achieve.

If you have Microsoft Word you could insert a page break between each letter. If you do not have Word, then Libre Office (or Open Office) is free and includes Writer, their equivalent of Word.

3. sam9 Win User
    Yes, you are right. I have office 2016. Can you please guide how to open this single text file of 50000 letters with MS world and insert page break between each letter. Though each letter can come on a single page but number of lines in each letter can differ. But one thing is there that all letters start with a specific world and also ends with another specific word. Thanks

4. Bree New Member

To open in Word, right-click on the text file and choose 'Open with..' then select Word.

In Word, at the end of each of your letters insert a Page Break. I don't have Word 2016, but in Word 2010 it's on the 'Insert' tab. You'll then have to save it in a format that supports page breaks, .rtf, .docx .odt or even .pdf will do.

5. sam9 Win User
    I have 50000 letters. It means breaking 50000 times. It is practically a huge task which is not possible for me. Any other solution.

6. Bree New Member
    Only if each letter ends (or starts) with a unique word or phrase, such as your signature or name. Then you could use 'Replace all' in Word to replace the phrase with the same phrase, but with a manual page break added. 'Find and Replace' has a 'Special' button that allows you to put a Page Break in the replacement string.

If there is such a word, but it occurs elsewhere too, you can still use 'Find and Replace', but you'd have to click 'Replace' for each page break you want, and 'Find next' when the word occurs in the middle of a letter.

7. sam9 Win User
    Thanks, I will try this and will let you know.

8. sam9 Win User

Thanks very much. I never knew that we can insert page break with 'Find and Replace'. Your advice completely served my requirement. Though I have to made two world files because my pages were around 48000 and MS world said that it could handle 25000. Thanks again.

9. Bree New Member
    Glad to have been able to help.

Thema:

1. free software to convert almost 50000 text fles to a single PDF file - Similar Threads - free software convert

2. Assistance required in converting a PDF file to Text file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Assistance required in converting a PDF file to Text file: Hello everyone. I am facing issues in converting a PDF file to a plain text file in Windows 10 Professional 64-bit. It is prompting: "Access Denied". Please assist me further....
  3. convert pdf files to jpeg

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    convert pdf files to jpeg: Does anyone know how to convert PDF files to JPEG in Windows 10? I received some pictures of a great niece that I would like to open in my photo editor so that I can print them but they came in PDF form and my photo editor will not accept PDF files. I am using Windows 10,...
  4. Free Program to convert PNG to Text?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free Program to convert PNG to Text?: Is there a free program I can install (Windows 10 Pro-1909) that will let me convert a PNG to an editable text file? We get a capture using the Nimbus screenshot tool and it saves it as a PNG. However we then wish to just convert it to an editable text file for printing, etc....
  5. file convert jpg to pdf

in Windows 10 Customization
    file convert jpg to pdf: HOw can I change or file convert jpg to pdf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-convert-jpg-to-pdf/dd6f392f-0245-447c-81a8-24ba2b4e453d
  6. Can I convert .pdf to .xls for free?

Can I convert .pdf to .xls for free?: I have a .pdf that is basically a table. I would like to put it into Excel. Can I do this for free? I found one set of instructions online that requires you to buy a subscription. There are other instructions, but none of them seem to work.
  7. removal procedure for free pdf converter?

removal procedure for free pdf converter?: how can i get rid of free pdf converter? 105347
  8. HTML to PDF File Converter

HTML to PDF File Converter: What's a good (preferably free) HTML to PDF file converter? As always, the community input is appreciated. 100337
  9. Free Graphics Converter Software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Free Graphics Converter Software: 500+ Formats: Imports from more than 500 graphics formats, including JPG, JPEG2000, PDF, PNG, GIF, EMF, TIF, WMF and more. For more details, please read List of 500 Supported Formats. Exports 6 common graphics formats, including JPG, GIF, TIFF and PNG. 50 Filters & Effects:...
  10. Converting a pdf file

in Windows 10 Support
    Converting a pdf file: I am using Windows 10 at the moment and am wondering if I can convert a pdf file to jpeg. Anyone know please? 79629