Windows 10: free software to convert almost 50000 text fles to a single PDF file

Discus and support free software to convert almost 50000 text fles to a single PDF file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can someone suggest a free software to convert around 50000 text files to a single PDF file. 82858 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sam9, Apr 24, 2017.

1. sam9 Win User

free software to convert almost 50000 text fles to a single PDF file

Can someone suggest a free software to convert around 50000 text files to a single PDF file.

:)

2. Print to PDF Rotation Issue

Now that the images are converted to PDF and combined into a single file, you can use your PDF editor or reader software to rotate the pages individually. Those settings will save to the PDF file once saved. Please let me know if this helps.

digitaltorres, Apr 24, 2017
  3. Nokia Asha 311 PDF reader

Hi, There is a yong reader which suits , i think, the need. pl try it. First, select the pdf file and then convert it to text file by using boxoft pdf to txt a free ware , and then read in your device using yong reader.if you think, that your problem is
    solved mark this as solution

ezreaderdocpdf, Apr 24, 2017
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Windows 10. Sorry, it may not be free, but if you already have it, it will cost you nothing.

You can do it in one go. Print to PDF in Windows 10 - Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

Select all the files to be combined into a PDF file.

Press ctrl+P, and choose the "Microsoft Print to PDF" printer from the list of printers. Off you go. Make sure you have sufficient free disk space before you start.

Fafhrd, Apr 24, 2017
  5. Superfly Win User
    That's quite cool... does it combine it as well?..sequentially - pdf is a different animal

Superfly, Apr 24, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    That will print each text file to a separate .pdf (I've just tried it). You would need to combine the 50000 files into a single text file first if you want one .pdf.

One way to do that would be from a command prompt. Make a new sub-folder to hold the output file, then type all the files and pipe them to the single output file. Something like this:

Code: mkdir TEMP for %F in (*.txt) do type "%F" >> TEMP\out.txt[/quote] The sub-folder is necessary, otherwise 'out.txt' will be copied to itself. You need it to be in a different directory.

Then print out.txt to the Microsoft PDF printer.

7. Fafhrd Win User
    See the tut, according to the second poster... @ARC1020

It's like printing a lot of files in one print job.

Fafhrd, Apr 24, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Sorry, but I did say I'd tried it. Selecting multiple .txt files then right-click and select Print as shown in that post just opens multiple Notepads, each of which immediately starts to print its own individual pdf. At no point do you get a chance to select 'multiple pages'.

9. Fafhrd Win User
    Sorry I read it in a tutorial here with Shawn's thumb of approval, and thought it was good to go.

My first thought had been copy *.txt newfile.txt to append all files to a new file for printing, but came unstuck on printing to the PDF printer from the commandline. Then I thought to look in TF Tutorials. My mistake.

Can't even use shell:sendto in file explorer to send to the PDF printer, it doesn't appear on the sendto menu alongside send to fax recipient - which after all is another virtual printer.

Fafhrd, Apr 25, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    It is - for image files, that is.

11. Fafhrd Win User
    Yes, I've noted that in the Tut, but the blanket statement had me fooled:

free software to convert almost 50000 text fles to a single PDF file [​IMG]

But it can be done: here I merge all the .ini files in Windows\system32 to a file called Big.ini (Ini files are text files), then
    open the Big.ini file in Notepad and print to the Microsoft PDF printer to make a bigini.pdf file which is shown opened in Edge. The printing slowed and the dialog stopped responding after about 200 pages been printed. Maybe 50000 is a big ask!

free software to convert almost 50000 text fles to a single PDF file [​IMG]

note: Shawn has let me know he has edited the tutorial.

Fafhrd, Apr 25, 2017
  12. sam9 Win User
    I tried but at the time of printing, it is not printing all files in one go. Instead for each file it is asking to suggest a file name and then it save. It means for 50000 times I will have to name the file and then click save. The same thing happened with PDF Creator. If a single pdf with 50000 is made, I am o.k but even if 50000 pdf are made, I have no problem but the printing should be automated and the files name can remain same as the text files or anything random.

13. sam9 Win User

The sub-folder is necessary, otherwise 'out.txt' will be copied to itself. You need it to be in a different directory.

Then print out.txt to the Microsoft PDF printer.[/quote] I am not competent enough for cmd. Can you please attach screenshot of cmd commands.

14. cereberus Win User
    Drag all text files to one directory eg c:\text

Open command prompt

cd \text

copy *.txt text.dat
    exit

Then load text.dat into notepad or word etc. and print file to pdf.

cereberus, Apr 25, 2017
  15. sam9 Win User
    The sub-folder is necessary, otherwise 'out.txt' will be copied to itself. You need it to be in a different directory.

Then print out.txt to the Microsoft PDF printer.[/quote] I am not competent enough to understand the codes but somewhere I think you want me to first combine all text files into a single Text file. Sir, I already have a single Text file which I have splitted into 50000 text files because these 50000 files are one page letters which I need to print randomly as per my search criteria. In notepad I can not select and print the required letter and I have to first copy the required letter to another notepad to finally print that particular letter. In a combined pdf, I can select the page to print. Hope I am able to explain to you. Thanks

Thema:

1. free software to convert almost 50000 text fles to a single PDF file - Similar Threads - free software convert

2. Assistance required in converting a PDF file to Text file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Assistance required in converting a PDF file to Text file: Hello everyone. I am facing issues in converting a PDF file to a plain text file in Windows 10 Professional 64-bit. It is prompting: "Access Denied". Please assist me further....
  3. convert pdf files to jpeg

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    convert pdf files to jpeg: Does anyone know how to convert PDF files to JPEG in Windows 10? I received some pictures of a great niece that I would like to open in my photo editor so that I can print them but they came in PDF form and my photo editor will not accept PDF files. I am using Windows 10,...
  4. Free Program to convert PNG to Text?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free Program to convert PNG to Text?: Is there a free program I can install (Windows 10 Pro-1909) that will let me convert a PNG to an editable text file? We get a capture using the Nimbus screenshot tool and it saves it as a PNG. However we then wish to just convert it to an editable text file for printing, etc....
  5. file convert jpg to pdf

in Windows 10 Customization
    file convert jpg to pdf: HOw can I change or file convert jpg to pdf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-convert-jpg-to-pdf/dd6f392f-0245-447c-81a8-24ba2b4e453d
  6. Can I convert .pdf to .xls for free?

Can I convert .pdf to .xls for free?: I have a .pdf that is basically a table. I would like to put it into Excel. Can I do this for free? I found one set of instructions online that requires you to buy a subscription. There are other instructions, but none of them seem to work.
  7. removal procedure for free pdf converter?

removal procedure for free pdf converter?: how can i get rid of free pdf converter? 105347
  8. HTML to PDF File Converter

HTML to PDF File Converter: What's a good (preferably free) HTML to PDF file converter? As always, the community input is appreciated. 100337
  9. Free Graphics Converter Software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Free Graphics Converter Software: 500+ Formats: Imports from more than 500 graphics formats, including JPG, JPEG2000, PDF, PNG, GIF, EMF, TIF, WMF and more. For more details, please read List of 500 Supported Formats. Exports 6 common graphics formats, including JPG, GIF, TIFF and PNG. 50 Filters & Effects:...
  10. Converting a pdf file

in Windows 10 Support
    Converting a pdf file: I am using Windows 10 at the moment and am wondering if I can convert a pdf file to jpeg. Anyone know please? 79629