Windows 10: Free software to repair hard disk bad sectors

Discus and support Free software to repair hard disk bad sectors in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can some one advise the best free software to repair hard disk bad sectors. It should not be a trial version for repairing only one or few bad sectors.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sam9, May 15, 2016.

1. sam9 Win User

Free software to repair hard disk bad sectors

Can some one advise the best free software to repair hard disk bad sectors. It should not be a trial version for repairing only one or few bad sectors.

:)

2. DaveM121 Win User

Cannot repair the drive

Ni Eric, are you using chkdsk to repair the drive?

And if you are, you need to use a command like this for it to repair any errors found::

chkdsk c: /f /r

If that is what you have done, and it has not worked, below is a web page with a list of free tools for repairing bad sectors on your hard drive:

https://www.geckoandfly.com/21498/check-repair-...

DaveM121, May 15, 2016
  3. Can't get past windows login screen

Partly that, "Why are crashes so bad for your disk? They can cause bad sectors, luckily soft bad sectors. Bad sectors are segments on your hard drive that cannot be properly read. So for example if your machine crashes, sectors, including boot sectors can
    become corrupt and cause issues. If you don’t use software to mark and repair bad sectors they can get worse over time and corrupt more data. Sometimes you can no longer use your disk at all if you don’t get rid of corrupt sectors.

Read more at:
    http://windows7themes.net/en-us/how-to-run-chkdsk-on-windows-10-to-avoid-bad-sectors-reallocated-sectors-uncorrectable/
    © windows7themes.net

Now, as I said...if your computer can repair the bad sectors there is nothing to worry about but keep an eye on it especially if the errors are not repaired.

CassieMorrisonMN, May 15, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

I don't have the answer you want, except that I am wondering if you have already run the disk check method built-in for Windows.

Right click at Start > select Command Prompt (Admin) > in the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.................
    chkdsk f/r
    > Enter.

You will be told that it cannot perform the command now but if you want to do that on restart.
    Type Y as in "yes" > Enter.
    Restart computer.
    It will take quite some time.
    When completed, it will give you a report.

davidhk, May 15, 2016
  5. lhf8 Win User
    I'm assuming the native disk check is sufficient? I've never heard of people using third party software.

6. sam9 Win User
    Already tried but it is hanging at 14% and then boot into Windows without fully checking the disk.

7. sam9 Win User
    Native disk check is hanging at 14% and then booting into Windows.

8. Superfly Win User

There isn't any software that can repair physical deficiencies in the hardware (some may hide it, but that's just a temporary solution, the defective disk will deteriorate rapidly in other areas as well).

If chkdsk can't re-structure the filesystem around the bad bits, it's time to backup what you can and lay it to rest.

Superfly, May 15, 2016
  9. sam9 Win User
    Thanks, finally the chkdsk ran completely.

10. hdd regenerator is third paty i thing it might work not that i know free you can use a usb or dvd /cd

gijoetech1, May 16, 2016
  11. marsmimar Win User
    I realize this thread has been marked as solved, but just for future reference there's a free diagnostic tool from Seagate called SeaTools. From the user manual:
    One cautionary note, however. If a drive is failing, any diagnostic check could stress the drive to complete failure. It's always best to backup the drive as soon as possible.

SeaTools | Seagate

marsmimar, May 16, 2016
  12. sam9 Win User
    Thanks

Thema:

1. Free software to repair hard disk bad sectors - Similar Threads - Free software repair

2. Commands to Repair Bad Sectors in External Hard Disk w/o Full Dtaa Loss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Commands to Repair Bad Sectors in External Hard Disk w/o Full Dtaa Loss: Commands to Repair Bad Sectors in External Hard Disk w/o Full Dtaa Loss https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/commands-to-repair-bad-sectors-in-external-hard/e31d2890-c7e4-41e7-b302-18f67357b503
  3. Commands to Repair Bad Sectors in External Hard Disk w/o Full Dtaa Loss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Commands to Repair Bad Sectors in External Hard Disk w/o Full Dtaa Loss: Commands to Repair Bad Sectors in External Hard Disk w/o Full Dtaa Loss https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/commands-to-repair-bad-sectors-in-external-hard/d6388c33-0377-4e3e-8602-7eb877d66909
  4. Commands to Repair Bad Sectors in External Hard Disk w/o Full Dtaa Loss

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Commands to Repair Bad Sectors in External Hard Disk w/o Full Dtaa Loss: Commands to Repair Bad Sectors in External Hard Disk w/o Full Dtaa Loss https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/commands-to-repair-bad-sectors-in-external-hard/e31d2890-c7e4-41e7-b302-18f67357b503
  5. Commands to Repair Bad Sectors in External Hard Disk w/o Full Dtaa Loss

Commands to Repair Bad Sectors in External Hard Disk w/o Full Dtaa Loss: Commands to Repair Bad Sectors in External Hard Disk w/o Full Dtaa Loss https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/commands-to-repair-bad-sectors-in-external-hard/d6388c33-0377-4e3e-8602-7eb877d66909
  6. Hard drive, bad sectors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard drive, bad sectors: I have a HDD that has bad sectors. I plan to buy SSD to replace it. But can I still use that HDD to install games? I only plan to put the operating system in the SSD, or do you have any tips that will help to fix those bad sectors aside form chkdsk /f /r /x C: also, here is...
  7. How to repair bad sectors of hdd ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to repair bad sectors of hdd ?: How to repair bad sectors of hard disks in Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-repair-bad-sectors-of-hdd/43da372e-56e9-47aa-890e-af262706fde0
  8. Free hard disk software.

Free hard disk software.: Hard Disk Sentinel Standard Edition Hard Drive Software 100% 153294
  9. Free hard disk software.

in Windows 10 Support
    Free hard disk software.: Hard Disk Sentinel Standard Edition Hard Drive Software 100% 153294
  10. Hard Disk Warning - Reallocated Bad Sectors.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Disk Warning - Reallocated Bad Sectors.: May I get an interpretation, please? I am running HD Tune on my external drive. The health report show that I have 26 damaged sectors. That seems low, yet still unwelcome. It's a remarkable old Seagate Free Agent - a refurbished replacement as part of my original warranty...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. BEST SOFTWARE BAD SECTORS