Windows 10: Free space always eaten restarted then two gigs gone

Discus and support Free space always eaten restarted then two gigs gone in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; ..I thought this was thing of the past, I'm always going to be next to no space! I check updates, I nuke restore point as it happens, CCleaner, just,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mistamontiel, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Free space always eaten restarted then two gigs gone

..I thought this was thing of the past, I'm always going to be next to no space!

I check updates, I nuke restore point as it happens, CCleaner, just, WHY!

I made it to 5 gigs remaining, restarted because Firefox was being overwhelmed again, check my C:\ and boom two gigs less

Samsung SSD 250gig Win10 64-bit any advice would be greatly appreciated =/

For whatever reason, M$ still does not provide disk monitor nothing no log of what the heck is being put on..

:)

mistamontiel, Jan 17, 2020
  2. jdeviant Win User

Suddenly 6.5 gigs is taken up by "reserved space & other content"?

Recently I tried recording a video on my Samsung Focus. I forgot to stop the recording when I was finished, and went several hours before I remembered I never turned it off. By that time, the phone had died. Ever since then, the phone has been giving me
    low storage warnings and Zune tells me 6.52 gigs are being taken up by "Reserved Space & Other Content." The kicker is the video is nowhere to be found on my phone -- it's like the video was saved somewhere on the phone, but not someplace accessible to me
    through the phone or Zune, so I have this huge video hanging out on my phone and no way to see or delete it.

I have reserved space set to 0%. Also, Zune tells me "Videos" are only taking up ~125MB.

Any suggestions on how to find the file? Or maybe there's another reason entirely why 6.52 gigs is being eaten up?

jdeviant, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Free space always eaten restarted then two gigs gone

My disk space is gone

Hi John,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to run theSystem Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select view all on the top left corner.

• Click System Maintenance,
      follow onscreen instructions.
    I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.
    For reference:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/free-up-disk-space

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Free space always eaten restarted then two gigs gone

1. Free space always eaten restarted then two gigs gone - Similar Threads - Free space always

2. C-Drive free space almost gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C-Drive free space almost gone: On February 4 and again today, February 8th four files? with the extension of .etl have materialized on my C-Drive and have reduced my free space from approximately 700 GB down to 50 GB.I don't know how or why this has happened but how do I get rid of this? A hour ago the...
  3. C-Drive free space almost gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C-Drive free space almost gone: On February 4 and again today, February 8th four files? with the extension of .etl have materialized on my C-Drive and have reduced my free space from approximately 700 GB down to 50 GB.I don't know how or why this has happened but how do I get rid of this? A hour ago the...
  4. C-Drive free space almost gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disk Space being eaten away...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Space being eaten away...: Something is continuously leeching disk space from C:/ every few seconds. I've ran antiviruses, malware scanners, and even ran MSERT.exe hoping that would find something. Nothing was found from Bitdefender, Windows defender, Avira Security, Avast, Malwarebytes, AVG,...
  6. Disk Space being eaten away...

Disk Space being eaten away...: Something is continuously leeching disk space from C:/ every few seconds. I've ran antiviruses, malware scanners, and even ran MSERT.exe hoping that would find something. Nothing was found from Bitdefender, Windows defender, Avira Security, Avast, Malwarebytes, AVG,...
  7. free space capacity always changing randomly in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    free space capacity always changing randomly in file explorer: hello, i have windows 11 home and my free space capacity in my file explorer is always changing randomly, even i not downloading or removing any file from my computer. example: yesterday it shows 119gb free space, in morning it shows 118 gb free space, in night it shows 120gb...
  8. free space capacity always changing randomly in file explorer

free space capacity always changing randomly in file explorer: hello, i have windows 11 home and my free space capacity in my file explorer is always changing randomly, even i not downloading or removing any file from my computer. example: yesterday it shows 119gb free space, in morning it shows 118 gb free space, in night it shows 120gb...
  9. 2020 Windows update freed up 40 gigs of disc space, but now every day its being eaten up...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2020 Windows update freed up 40 gigs of disc space, but now every day its being eaten up...: Hi all, After the 2020 May/June Windows update I wonderfully had a mystery 40 gigs freed up from my main C drive. It was great! Obviously the windows installation must have removed redundant or unneeded windows installation files, 40 gigs worth! But now every day...
  10. 20 gigs of space hidden

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    20 gigs of space hidden: I went to my C drive and I selected everything and all of it adds up to about 62 gigs, but there's 85 gigs of used space on the hard drive. Trying to free up some space so where the heck are the 20 gigs that aren't even being shown on the hard drive? submitted by /u/Nifty52...