Windows 10: Free space hard disk visual bar is missing in Windows Explorer

Discus and support Free space hard disk visual bar is missing in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I used to open up 'This Computer' file window in Windows Explorer, there is visual bar underneath my internal hard disks I have five internal hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CalvinOzaki, May 27, 2021.

1. Free space hard disk visual bar is missing in Windows Explorer

When I used to open up 'This Computer' file window in Windows Explorer, there is visual bar underneath my internal hard disks I have five internal hard disks that showed available memory space.I have tried using the fix identified in the February 20, 2016 Microsoft Community Q&A, by using the "View, Tiles" option, but I still can't see the visible bars for available memory space for each hard drive. What do I need to do to resolve this problem?

:)

CalvinOzaki, May 27, 2021

2. Windows 10 check free space hard disk visual bar missing

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me answer your query regarding Missing Visual bar.

You may follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open File Explorer.

2. Click the View Tab from the File Ribbon.

3. Now select “Tiles” in the layout section and check if the drives display the visual bar for free space.

When you change the view to Tiles, any external devices or flash drives plugged in will automatically display the free space visual bar.

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, May 27, 2021
  3. God_Ray Win User
    Windows 10 check free space hard disk visual bar missing

This was the answer I was looking for. Thanks m8 for your time

God_Ray, May 27, 2021
  4. God_Ray Win User

Free space hard disk visual bar is missing in Windows Explorer

Windows 10 check free space hard disk visual bar missing

I've re-install Windows 10 for the third time from Windows 8.1. What I really miss from the previous version was that every time I open up 'My Computer' file window, there is always that visual bar underneath my local disks (I have two internal disks).

What I really want to know, is why doesn't it appear and how do I turn on that feature on my desktop.

Bonus if anyone can tell me how to apply the visual bar for available memory space left for external hard drives/USB drives plugged in.

Free space hard disk visual bar is missing in Windows Explorer 0cfa2266-fba5-40c2-a257-8cf33d9eb973.png

God_Ray, May 27, 2021
Thema:

Free space hard disk visual bar is missing in Windows Explorer

1. Free space hard disk visual bar is missing in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Free space hard

2. Free up hard disk space Windows 7/10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Free up hard disk space Windows 7/10?: Hello, I was just about to back up the data from my flash drive to the hard drive. There is 26 GB of free disk space missing. I just deleted it. A lot more. But now there is still 26 GB of storage space missing. What can I do? Thanks! Festplatte Speicherplatz...
  3. Freeing Disk Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Freeing Disk Space: I originally had Windows XP on my laptop but updated to Windows 10 awhile ago (and am getting current updates). Can I remove Windows XP from my laptop or will that affect how Windows 10 operates?...
  4. Disk Cleanup not freeing disk space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup not freeing disk space: I'm running Windows 10 on a Bootcamp'd MacBook Pro with 256G of SSD of which about 135G is allocated to the Windows partition (according to Properties in Explorer). It is running low on available space (4.06GB available) and Windows updates cannot be installed. Tried Disk...
  5. Disk Cleanup not freeing disk space

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Cleanup not freeing disk space: I'm running Windows 10 on a Bootcamp'd MacBook Pro with 256G of SSD of which about 135G is allocated to the Windows partition (according to Properties in Explorer). It is running low on available space (4.06GB available) and Windows updates cannot be installed. Tried Disk...
  6. Hard disk space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard disk space: I am running Windows 10 . The machine came with 2 x 500Gb hard disks,. One disk failed, so I replaced it with a 1Tb drive. I have just replaced the other drive with a 1Tb drive and expected the PC to show that storage had increased. However, it hasn't. What do I need to do to...
  7. Hard disk space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard disk space: I am running Windows 10 on a Dell XPS420 desktop. The machine came with 2 x 500Gb hard disks, which were set up in Raid Mirror. One disk failed, so I replaced it with a 1Tb drive. I have just replaced the other drive with a 1Tb drive and expected the PC to show that storage...
  8. hard disk space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard disk space: my 1tb disc is almost full and I need to know why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-space/20210a12-f63b-44de-bda0-784848ebd8be
  9. Disk Space - Free Space fluctuates

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Space - Free Space fluctuates: I have a 1TB SSD divided into three partitions. "C" is the Windows partition while D & E are for games and general storage. The amount of available on C seems to fluctuate for no apparent reason. A week ago I had 37GB free and now have 27GB free. Yes Windows installs...
  10. Free Space fluctuates - Disk Space

in Windows 10 Support
    Free Space fluctuates - Disk Space: I have a 1TB SSD divided into three partitions. "C" is the Windows partition while D & E are for games and general storage. The amount of available on C seems to fluctuate for no apparent reason. A week ago I had 37GB free and now have 27GB free. Yes Windows installs...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer status bar disk free space missing