Windows 10: Free up 4.8 GB on C:\ drive Windows 10 after all system files cleaned - why this order?

Discus and support Free up 4.8 GB on C:\ drive Windows 10 after all system files cleaned - why this order? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why doesn't the powercfg /h / reduced work the first time? Right click on the C:\ drive and choose Properties from properties box (at bottom) In the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tesla3D, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Tesla3D Win User

Free up 4.8 GB on C:\ drive Windows 10 after all system files cleaned - why this order?

Why doesn't the powercfg /h / reduced work the first time?

Right click on the C:\ drive and choose Properties from properties box (at bottom)

In the C drive properties, choose Disk Cleanup

In the next window, look for the button at the bottom Clean Up System Files - run this.

This one may take a while. The C:\ drive is now minimized.

During Windows 7, I bought a 64 GB SSD. It was expensive then and seemed like a lot of hard drive.

Windows takes up around 22 GB - then my MS Office 2010, Sony Movie editor and other programs take up a lot of space. This left 10.1 GB of Free Space.

I don't want to turn off the Hibernation completely. But, there is a partial reduction in Hibernation.

powercfg /h /type full
    works, but the alternative option
    powercfg /h /type reduced
    gives "The parameter is incorrect." Funny - this is what Windows 10 Help claims will work. it doesn't

work - it returns an error message.

to fix this - run the following. It will return a message about using 6 GB
    powercfg /h /size 1
    (in spite of the minimum percentage being shown as 40), then
    powercfg /h /type reduced
    Wow now my SSD C:\ drive shows an extra 4.7 GB of Free Space

I am now at 14.8 of 64 GB SSD space

B.T.W. On my Virtual Memory - I added a 32GB USB3 drive and taped it to the back of my PC so it can't be pulled out. The Virtual Memory was sent to the Flash Drive E:\ so it doesn't take up space on my SSD C:\ drive. Even with an older Pentium - the SSD and Virtual Memory run really fast (16 GB of RAM).

---------------- Copy from my CMD Screen ------------

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.471]
    (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /h /type reduced
    The parameter is incorrect.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /h /size 1
    The hiberfile size has been set to: 6842802176 bytes.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /h /type reduced
    The hiberfile size has been set to: 3421401088 bytes.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>Rem Wow now my C:\ drive shows an extra 4.7 GB of Free Space

:)

Tesla3D, Dec 18, 2018
  2. invent(2) Win User

c users need to delete all 5 gb 3 gb for One Drive can I delets all these files?

c users greg one drive has 3 gb and I need all this space I bought the acer cloud book with 25 gb and have .8 free on my documents I only have 400 megs used I did properties on all of drive and found 5 gb on c users greg and 3 gb was for one drive
    properties I need help to del 5 gb to free this up as ms update fails as not enough space....

I suggest you to delete the unwanted data and unused applications to clean up the drive.

5 gb on c users is the only large gb I found others must be hidden in c system files for the other 20 gb

I can buy a 64 gb flash drive for 20 dollars is there a way to move the 5 gb in c users to this?

You suggest to delete the unwanted data..... I need to know what you mean data as its all c users greg 5 gb and in this c users greg one drive 3 gb and you said this will do me no good to delete.... so is the 20 gb all in the c system hidden files?

thanks

invent(2), Dec 18, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Free up 4.8 GB on C:\ drive Windows 10 after all system files cleaned - why this order?

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Free up 4.8 GB on C:\ drive Windows 10 after all system files cleaned - why this order?

1. Free up 4.8 GB on C:\ drive Windows 10 after all system files cleaned - why this order? - Similar Threads - Free drive system

2. Disk Clean-up doesn't free up the stated space after cleaning "system files" Windows Update...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Clean-up doesn't free up the stated space after cleaning "system files" Windows Update...: Hi there!System info:- "Fresh" Windows Pro x64 21H1 installed about a week ago within Media Creation tool- only few drivers & software installed- SSD disk preliminarily cleaned to be as a new oneProblem:After some recent Windows updates I've decided to check whether I can...
  3. Disk Clean-up doesn't free up the stated space after cleaning "system files" Windows Update...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Clean-up doesn't free up the stated space after cleaning "system files" Windows Update...: Hi there!System info:- "Fresh" Windows Pro x64 21H1 installed about a week ago within Media Creation tool- only few drivers & software installed- SSD disk preliminarily cleaned to be as a new oneProblem:After some recent Windows updates I've decided to check whether I can...
  4. Disk Clean-up doesn't free up the stated space after cleaning "system files" Windows Update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. slow start up after installing windows 10 need to order 4 gb card. which one should i order?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    slow start up after installing windows 10 need to order 4 gb card. which one should i order?: which card should i order? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-start-up-after-installing-windows-10-need-to/44f1ce92-2c83-408f-93cf-49c966db3f6f
  6. Cannot free up 8 GB update Xbox app on Windows 10.

Cannot free up 8 GB update Xbox app on Windows 10.: So my Windows 10 laptop is very behind on updates version 1606 and only because the majority of the space is in System & Reserved. I have an external HDD to install stuff in, but I need to free up 8 GB on my laptop before doing anything else. I tried to use the Disk Cleanup...
  7. Freeing up space on C Drive Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Freeing up space on C Drive Windows 10: I have tried Ccleaner. File scan. Storage Sense. Malware scan. Virus scan. Optimize c Drive. None of it worked all that well. I don't want to partition, etc. I am afraid I will mess it up. There was a simple solution I saw a while ago, but I can't seem to find in...
  8. 8 GB of free space needed on C:

8 GB of free space needed on C:: I have a stream book that was given to me that I would really like to reset it back to its factory default however it will not allow me to reset it because it doesn’t have enough space I tried to put a USB into it to create a USB boot drive but the media creation tool stops...
  9. 32 GB Win 10-1803 free-up 8 GB impossible, external storage ignored

32 GB Win 10-1803 free-up 8 GB impossible, external storage ignored: I have Win10 vers 1803, trying to upgrade to vers 1903 on a 32 GB HP netbook. 2 user accounts, 4.5 GB free space optimized, nothing left to remove. 3.2GB of downloaded Windows updates in SoftwareDistribution folder Unless I delete a user, & maybe delete Office, impossible to...
  10. Windows system taking up 190 gb on my C: drive

Windows system taking up 190 gb on my C: drive: I've noticed that I have been running low on space on my PC and after I uninstalled a few games it did little to help me I did some further investigation and used TreeSize and saw that most of my space is taken up by windows but more specifically the temp folder in there I...